PDA

View Full Version : Long, long, ago

Larry L
October 16th, 2003, 08:49 PM
in a place where we used to live,
a kid and his dad practiced casting after a hard day of working retrievers
together

<G> I found these prints, thought they were cute and indulged myself by
scanning and stitching them together

If you are the parent of young kid(s) ... enjoy, and do it NOW ... they
grow up WAY faster than you think they will ....

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/casting.jpg

Russell
October 16th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Larry L wrote:
> in a place where we used to live,
> a kid and his dad practiced casting after a hard day of working retrievers
> together
>

> <G> I found these prints, thought they were cute and indulged myself by
> scanning and stitching them together
>
> If you are the parent of young kid(s) ... enjoy, and do it NOW ... they
> grow up WAY faster than you think they will ....
>
> http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/casting.jpg

Great pix Larry. Did FF stick with the kid?

Russell

George Cleveland
October 16th, 2003, 11:24 PM
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:49:29 GMT, "Larry L"
> wrote:

>in a place where we used to live,
>a kid and his dad practiced casting after a hard day of working retrievers
>together
>

><G> I found these prints, thought they were cute and indulged myself by
>scanning and stitching them together
>
>If you are the parent of young kid(s) ... enjoy, and do it NOW ... they
>grow up WAY faster than you think they will ....
>
>http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/casting.jpg

Very nice, but where's the child's vest?

g.c.

Larry L
October 16th, 2003, 11:40 PM
No, he doesn't seem too interested. But the streams are too crowded anyway,
so no reason to push him <G>

Right now, he's at an age when few young men think about fishing, I sure
didn't, so maybe later. One more "proud dad" FF thing though. Maybe 3
years ago I took him with me for a month to your area and stopped at Silver
Creek. With a little "stand here cast right there, use this fly" help from
his cranky old man he caught a Silver Creek trout on his VERY first cast at
the place !!!

Still hoping to try your favorite place ... lovely stream. I hit it at
exactly the wrong time this summer, low and too hot. And I was in a
mega-very bad mood from 5 days of sitting and trying to get my Calif license
plate truck fixed in Montana and Idaho ( proved to be a 1 hour job when I
found someone that knew what to do, and willing to do it ) so I just
grumbled, kicked the dirt, grumbled some more and left. Next year will be
better <G> I need to research camping in the area first, however.

asadi
October 17th, 2003, 01:20 AM
From the pic on the right it looks like he's got it down!

john