PDA

View Full Version : New rod to complement 9' 6/7wt

Pablo
October 17th, 2003, 12:02 PM
I'm about to get a travel rod to complement my 9' 6/7wt trout rod.
(Sorry if this appears twice, but I can't find it on the group...)

I want the new rod to be lighter than the current rod and would like
advice on which length and weight would be best suited as a complement
to the 9' 6/7.

Locally it'll be used for trout in small rivers and streams, but I
would like the travel rod to be fairly versatile, as the waters
available at various destinations will be hard to predict.

So, the shortlist is:

7'9" Wt 4/5 5-piece - too short?

8' Wt 4/5 3-piece - 35 inch tube too long for travel?

8'6" wt 6/7 5-piece - too close to my current rod?

What are the pros and cons of each as you guys see it?

Thanks in advance.

Brimbum
October 17th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Pablo wrote:snip>I want the new rod to be lighter than the current rod and
would like
>advice on which length and weight would be best suited as a complement
>to the 9' 6/7.

You might also want to consider a 9 foot four piece 4 weight rod or an 4 piece
8 foot 4 weight rod.

Glad to help add to the confusion.

Big Dale