PDA

View Full Version : Kolob Reservoir report (Souther Utah)

Wes Chormicle
October 18th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Yesterday afternoon I headed up to Kolob, even though the spotty reports had
said it was slow. I didn't have much to do yesterday so I arrived early
afternoon and was in my tube by about 2:30. It was one of those windy, "do
I go out or not days", but I figured I give it a shot. Nobody out on the
water, but about 5-6 vehicles around the lake. Got in the water and started
kicking around the NE side of the lake dragging a black woolly bugger
around.

To make a long story short, by 7pm I had landed 5 fish, 4 Rainbows and 1
Cutthroat all between 17" and 22". I broke off 2 others and had a total
about 9-10 fish on line. At 7pm as I was slowly kicking back toward my
truck, I watched a small herd of about 15 deer come down to the water not 50
yards from me. And as I was getting ready to get out, I watched 4 elk come
out of the tree line to the lake shore.

All and all not a bad afternoon!

Wes

Frank Reid
October 18th, 2003, 01:11 PM
> Yesterday afternoon I headed up to Kolob,<snipped
> All and all not a bad afternoon!
>
> Wes

I love Kolob. Its a really neat little jewel with some awesome fat fish.
Gotta get back out there soon.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply