PDA

View Full Version : OT I'm an unapologetic a**hole

Ken Fortenberry
October 18th, 2003, 11:29 PM
But I just can't bring myself to poke fun at Wayno's Tar Heels
this week. Man, that's gotta hurt. Forty-five seconds. Forty-five
seconds that may as well have been an eternity. Ouch.

At least the imposters dressed in Illini Orange and Blue were so
thoroughly and completely trounced there was no heartbreak, merely
the usual, anticipated disgust.

The Illini had their asses kicked in Ann Arbor and the Tar Heels
lost a heartbreaker at home against the visiting Sun Devil of ASU
but they did beat the spread.

So for the season;

Forty's Fighting Illini - 1
Wayno's Tar Heels - 4

--
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison
October 19th, 2003, 12:21 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> But I just can't bring myself to poke fun at Wayno's Tar Heels
> this week. Man, that's gotta hurt. Forty-five seconds.

i just got back from the game. we led by four with three seconds to go.
i will be forced to kill you with my bare hands, when next we meet.

yfitons
wayno (if i have enough strength left after choking the life out of our
entire coaching staff)

Ken Fortenberry
October 19th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> i will be forced to kill you with my bare hands, when next we meet.

The line forms to the right, (where else ;-), and Louie has dibs,
he's a man of honor.

--
Ken Fortenberry

walt winter
October 19th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> "Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
> .com...
>
>>But I just can't bring myself to poke fun at Wayno's Tar Heels
>>this week. Man, that's gotta hurt. Forty-five seconds.
>

> i just got back from the game. we led by four with three seconds to go.
> i will be forced to kill you with my bare hands, when next we meet.
>
> yfitons
> wayno (if i have enough strength left after choking the life out of our
> entire coaching staff)

well, for your sake wayno, i'm releived it was ASU and not ASU
that has caused your heartache.

wally, who saw ASU on the espn ticker and thought "mountaineers."

vincent p. norris
October 20th, 2003, 02:34 AM
>i will be forced to kill you with my bare hands, when next we meet.

When next we meet? When next we meet??

Geez, Wayno, if you really cared, you'd make a special trip!

> (if i have enough strength left after choking the life out of our
>entire coaching staff)

Oh, don't be so hard on them! They haven't had as much experience
coaching football as you have!

Sorry, the temptation was too much to resist.

vince

Memphis Jim
October 22nd, 2003, 12:01 AM
Forty:

I hate to bring this up, but ESPN.com has Illinois ranked number 9 in its 10
worst football programs in Division 1A. The number 1 team is Buffalo, a
sister school to one of my alma maters, Div. 1AA STONY BROOK.

Memphis Jim

Ken Fortenberry
October 22nd, 2003, 12:43 AM
Memphis Jim wrote:

> Forty:
>
> I hate to bring this up, ...

Yeah, I can only imagine how much it pains you, but rest assured, I
am damn near speechless in the face of your largesse.

> ... ESPN.com has Illinois ranked number 9 in its 10
> worst football programs in Division 1A. ...

Football you say ? What does ESPN have to say about our NCAA defending
champions in Men's Tennis or the next NCAA championship wrestling team ?
Not to mention a Women's Volleyball team that would cause Wolfie to drool
all over his bruschetta.

Oh, by the way, how's the football up at Syracuse these days ? ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Memphis Jim
October 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM

> Oh, by the way, how's the football up at Syracuse these days ? ;-)
>
> --

We beat the ******* ACC defectors Boston College in resounding fashion this
past weekend, so there is some redemption.

Although the Big East will almost certainly lose its automatic BCS berth
when the contract is renewed, for two seasons Syracuse will get to compete
with Louisville and Pitt for the automatic berth. Can you say Orange Bowl?

Brother can you spare a Big Ten Conference slot? Syracuse will beg if
necessary.

Memphis Jim

Ken Fortenberry
October 22nd, 2003, 10:00 PM
Memphis Jim wrote:
> Brother can you spare a Big Ten Conference slot? Syracuse will beg if
> necessary.

I think they're waiting for Notre Dame's TV contract to expire at
which point it is expected that the Fighting Irish will be the ones
to come a begging at the Big Ten's doorstep.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Memphis Jim
October 22nd, 2003, 10:18 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Memphis Jim wrote:
> > Brother can you spare a Big Ten Conference slot? Syracuse will beg if
> > necessary.
>
> I think they're waiting for Notre Dame's TV contract to expire at
> which point it is expected that the Fighting Irish will be the ones
> to come a begging at the Big Ten's doorstep.

The conventional wisdom is that Notre Dame was too big for any conference.
Their performance in recent years is showing that their position is rapidly
eroding. You may be right.

If Penn State continues to suck can we have their slot? Please?

Memphis Jim