PDA

View Full Version : Re: Female Hendrickson Comparadun

dcabarle[_20_]
March 19th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Mayfly;109391 Wrote:
> Correction:
>
> *TAILS* (-in above post I inadventently wrote wings and could not edit
> my post-)?Alan, post editing is good for a day after the post was made. This was
put into place because some users (and I wont mention JoeT's name) were
abusing this. There is a new system in place which eliminates that old
game. I suppose I can remove the time to edit features now. If it's
abused though, I'll have to put it back.

--
dcabarle

'Technorati Profile' (http://tinyurl.com/2n68mt)
'AuctionAds' (http://www.auctionads.com/refer_ d8ab292c52a30ff7404d)

Big_Spinner[_9_]
March 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Allan,

You missed the point.

There is no reason to use split tails, in my opinion.

The shuck is easier to tie and more versatile.

There is an added bonus to a schuck. It collapses when a fish grabs it
and is more likely to be in the fishes mouth (especially on bigger
flies). I am convinced that stiff tails, especially fibettes, can hang
up on the outside a fished mouth and prevent a hook up. I have
eliminated most of my "OH, the fish missed it" type rises. Fish don't
miss, they can't afford to. They may occasionally refuse at the last
moment, but that is usually identified by a slightly dfferent rise
form.

I never fish with tails on anything and I think the fish prefer shucked
flies.

I also fish the "sparkle dun" as a true dry. Shuck tends to float in
the surface film.

If I want the emerger look I just use a curved emerger hook with a
shuck and emerging wing.

I always endeavor to give the fish a fly the fish prefers over the
natural. Why would I want to duplicate the other 10,000 hendricksons
on the water?

Jim

--
Big_Spinner