PDA

View Full Version : Joisey update

Tom Littleton
August 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Apparently, despite words which seemed to indicate otherwise, the admin of
NJFlyfishing.com has continued to allow ROFF/ROFFT posts appear on his forum
boards, making his post traffic appear inflated. Thus, might I suggest all
interested parties contact his advertisers ASAP, and possibly his hosting
service.
Tom

Tom Littleton
August 3rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
contacting RedTyger.co.UK might be of interest, as they seem to manage web
ad content and linking.
hth, Tom

Ken Fortenberry[_2_]
August 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Tom Littleton wrote:
> contacting RedTyger.co.UK might be of interest, as they seem to manage web
> ad content and linking.
> hth, Tom

While it certainly couldn't hurt I think it's a good idea to
contact the individual businesses with advertisements on NEFF.

I doubt that they know what a scumbag Dennis Cabarle is or
they wouldn't do business with him.

Is there a script monkey in the house ? It'd be nice to have
a perl script or something which would track just exactly how
much of NEFF's forum traffic is real and how much the sleazeball
lifts from Usenet. This info would presumably be of interest to
the advertisers whom Cabarle is cheating.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Opus--Mark H. Bowen
August 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
"Tom Littleton" > wrote in message

> contacting RedTyger.co.UK might be of interest, as they seem to manage web
> ad content and linking.
> hth, Tom

The following is a copy of the complaint that I sent:

One of your customers--njflyfishing.com--has chosen to link its fishing
forum to several USENET newsgroups. In particular, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
and rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying.

This has cause a great deal of disruption and angst among the USENET
community of users. The system/site administrator, Dennis Cabarle, has been
contacted but refuses to unlink his forum from the newsgroups. Mr. Cabarle's
forum utilizes emoticons, HTML, and other devises that are not apart of
USENET protocol. As USENET newsgroups are an international entity, your
advertisers may suffer due to Mr. Cabarle's zeal to generate traffic on his
site for the purpose of raising advertising revenue.

I just thought you might like to know.

Respectfully yours,
Mark H. Bowen

Op