PDA

View Full Version : OT NORAD tracks Santa

Ken Fortenberry
December 21st, 2003, 04:06 PM
For those of you with kids or grandkids this one is sorta neat.

http://www.noradsanta.org/

In 1955 a Colorado newspaper published the phone number of NORAD's
(North American Aerospace Defense Comand) hotline by mistake. They
were off by one digit so kids calling the local department store to
talk to Santa reached NORAD instead. Serendipity and a great sense
of humor has put NORAD in the Santa tracking business.

Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas !

--
Ken Fortenberry

Tim Lysyk
December 21st, 2003, 04:16 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> For those of you with kids or grandkids this one is sorta neat.
>
> http://www.noradsanta.org/
>
> In 1955 a Colorado newspaper published the phone number of NORAD's
> (North American Aerospace Defense Comand) hotline by mistake. They
> were off by one digit so kids calling the local department store to
> talk to Santa reached NORAD instead. Serendipity and a great sense
> of humor has put NORAD in the Santa tracking business.
>
> Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas !

My kids and I, now 4 and 6, have used this site to track Santa for the
past couple of years. They love it. (So do I). Thanks for the reminder.

Tim Lysyk

Warren
December 21st, 2003, 09:29 PM
wrote...
> My kids and I, now 4 and 6, have used this site to track Santa for the
> past couple of years. They love it. (So do I). Thanks for the reminder.

Man, you got started EARLY. You're 6 and your kids are 4?!?!? Damn!
<g>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Wayne Harrison
December 21st, 2003, 10:26 PM
"Warren" > wrote in message
> wrote...
> > My kids and I, now 4 and 6, have used this site to track Santa for the
> > past couple of years. They love it. (So do I). Thanks for the reminder.
>
> Man, you got started EARLY. You're 6 and your kids are 4?!?!? Damn!
> <g>
> --
> Warren
> (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

don't you ever write anything about trout fishing? what's with all this
maudlin **** about kids and santa?

i can't wait to get through all this christmas irrelevancy and back to
wonderful stuff about midge patterns and knots and reels and the right kind
of hat to wear on the madison and all that jazz.

yfitons
wayno (next thing you know, some old fool will post a merry christmas to
all thread...)

yfitons
wayno

Lat705
December 21st, 2003, 10:36 PM
Gosh Tim, you write good for a 6 YO.

Lou T

Sorry. Could not resist.

Lat705
December 21st, 2003, 10:38 PM
Wayno

you forgot the "Bah. Humbug!" in your signature line.

Lou T

Tim Lysyk
December 21st, 2003, 10:43 PM
Warren wrote:
> wrote...
>
>>My kids and I, now 4 and 6, have used this site to track Santa for the
>>past couple of years. They love it. (So do I). Thanks for the reminder.
>

> Man, you got started EARLY. You're 6 and your kids are 4?!?!? Damn!
> <g>
Well....at least you didn't accuse me of being the 4 year old. It made
sense when I wrote it, honest. I guess I should have said....."My kids,
now 4 and 6, and I".

How old is your daughter now?

Tim Lysyk

Tim Lysyk
December 21st, 2003, 10:44 PM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> yfitons
> wayno (next thing you know, some old fool will post a merry christmas to
> all thread...)
>
> yfitons
> wayno

Or ask the next female who posts what color Mercedes she likes?

Tim Lysyk

Warren
December 22nd, 2003, 03:44 AM
wrote...

> "Warren" > wrote in message
> > wrote...
> > > My kids and I, now 4 and 6, have used this site to track Santa for the
> > > past couple of years. They love it. (So do I). Thanks for the reminder.
> >
> > Man, you got started EARLY. You're 6 and your kids are 4?!?!? Damn!
> > <g>
> > --
> > Warren
> > (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
>
> don't you ever write anything about trout fishing? what's with all this
> maudlin **** about kids and santa?
>
> i can't wait to get through all this christmas irrelevancy and back to
> wonderful stuff about midge patterns and knots and reels and the right kind
> of hat to wear on the madison and all that jazz.

wayno: just my 02, but i have always seen roff as a virtual clave.
you've been to claves, and as far as i could tell, seemed to enjoy
the hell out of them. mostly fishing, and fishing oriented activity
and talk, but a *substantial* amount of other stuff, encompassing
pretty much of all of lifeitsownself, as it relates to just about
everyone in attendance. after all, wouldn't just talking unendingly
about fish and fishing bore the **** out of you, on or offline?

but i guess the most important thing is that we all don't come here
to discuss the same thing. and, in the final analysis, roff is
darwinian. people and subject matter that are unacceptable to the
environment will simply not survive.

here's to ya--first seethrough of the evenin', from

yfitonr
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
December 22nd, 2003, 03:53 AM
wrote...
> Well....at least you didn't accuse me of being the 4 year old. It made
> sense when I wrote it, honest. I guess I should have said....."My kids,
> now 4 and 6, and I".

It was just too hard to pass up. :-)

> How old is your daughter now?

Four and a half. Thankfully just a tad too young for wayno. <g>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

daytripper
December 22nd, 2003, 04:25 AM
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:44:28 -0700, Warren > wrote:
>wayno: just my 02, but i have always seen roff as a virtual clave.

eeeewwwwwww!

/daytripper (Close to rising strains of "Is that all there is?" ;-)