PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read

Dave LaCourse
December 26th, 2003, 06:14 PM
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/jj20031226.shtml

Jeff Miller
December 26th, 2003, 07:08 PM
did you mean the paragraph at the bottom about the ann coulter talking
doll? fascinating indeed... <g>

Dave LaCourse wrote:

> http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/jj20031226.shtml

Dave LaCourse
December 26th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Jeff writes:

>did you mean the paragraph at the bottom about the ann coulter talking
>doll? fascinating indeed... <g>

d;o) No, I missed that. The story of Chanukah is what I meant. Her lovely
face/figure sits in front of me as I type (Treason), along with Clinton's
(Dereliction of Duty, Final Days), Alan Greenspan (Maestro), and Robert Bork
(Slouching Towards Gomorrah), and a picture of a Humming Bird (The Sibley
Guide).

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Charlie Choc
December 26th, 2003, 07:38 PM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:08:34 -0500, Jeff Miller

Try: http://www.ohgeorge.com/ann.html <g>
--
Charlie...

rw
December 26th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Charlie Choc wrote:

> Try: http://www.ohgeorge.com/ann.html <g>

Hilarious, as they sometimes say. Don't fail to click on the "editorial
reviews."

Looking at A.C., it's not hard for me to believe that she subsists on a
diet of cigarettes and Chardonnay, according to David Brock (Blinded by
the Right).

slenon
December 26th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Assimilation can be costly as well as dangerous!

But the candles do make a lovely flame to look at. And as we light them
tonigbt, we will recall other places and times when lighting them was not
safe or allowed, and we will be glad to live where we do and when we do.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Jeff Miller
December 26th, 2003, 10:08 PM
jeezus!!... ain't you got no penthouse or hustler or havelock ellis or
marat de sade or ... uh, sorry...damn ann coulter does that to me
evertime. <g>

btw... it appears that it's me, indian joe, lou teletski, warren (?),
wally for the weekend only and then only if weather suits him, pj if he
decides to go at the fukkin last minute and then only if wayno hasn't
made plans otherwise for the two of them, you and the swede (if y'all
choose). anyway, we've got plenty of time between now and may... if
there is a change of plans by any of the aforementioned, let me know.
lou has laid claim to the smallest bedroom upstairs, so it's sofas and
basement beds left. bring yer ear plugs...

jeff

Dave LaCourse wrote:

> Jeff writes:
>

>>did you mean the paragraph at the bottom about the ann coulter talking
>>doll? fascinating indeed... <g>
>>

> d;o) No, I missed that. The story of Chanukah is what I meant. Her lovely
> face/figure sits in front of me as I type (Treason), along with Clinton's
> (Dereliction of Duty, Final Days), Alan Greenspan (Maestro), and Robert Bork
> (Slouching Towards Gomorrah), and a picture of a Humming Bird (The Sibley
> Guide).
>

> Dave
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Jeff Miller
December 26th, 2003, 10:16 PM
sometimes, your ability to locate a web page that's just, um, *right* is
downright frightening. keep it up and i'm gonna start drinking diet
coke. as ofitns acclaims... "hilarious".

jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:08:34 -0500, Jeff Miller
> > wrote:
>

>>did you mean the paragraph at the bottom about the ann coulter talking
>>doll? fascinating indeed... <g>
>>
> Try: http://www.ohgeorge.com/ann.html <g>

Charlie Choc
December 26th, 2003, 10:38 PM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:16:14 -0500, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

>keep it up and i'm gonna start drinking diet
>coke.

I'm drinking mostly Arizona green tea these days, if you're going to
make a change. <g>
--
Charlie...

daytripper
December 26th, 2003, 10:38 PM
On 26 Dec 2003 18:14:03 GMT, (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

>http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/jj20031226.shtml

Coming from Jacoby that's almost coherent, founded or not...

Readers should understand that Jacoby is the Wingnut's Wingnut, well to the
right of Attila the Hun, and loses no opportunity to prove it in The Boston
Globe...

/daytripper (Frankly, the guy is a scary moron. How he got any byline, I'll
never know, never mind one in The Boston Globe...)

Wayne Harrison
December 26th, 2003, 10:40 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> sometimes, your ability to locate a web page that's just, um, *right* is
> downright frightening. keep it up and i'm gonna start drinking diet
> coke. as ofitns acclaims... "hilarious".
>
> jeff
>
> Charlie Choc wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:08:34 -0500, Jeff Miller
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>did you mean the paragraph at the bottom about the ann coulter talking
> >>doll? fascinating indeed... <g>
> >>
> > Try: http://www.ohgeorge.com/ann.html <g>

> jeffie: lemme tell you what would *really* be frightening: le
duc du chocolat on a steady diet of seethroughs...

yfitp
wayno (i mean, cold stone sober, the guy can paint some really *bizzare*
images!)

Jeff Miller
December 26th, 2003, 10:49 PM
does that come in a can or bottle? <g>

jeff (green seasoned, celestially)

Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:16:14 -0500, Jeff Miller
> > wrote:
>

>>keep it up and i'm gonna start drinking diet
>>coke.
>

> I'm drinking mostly Arizona green tea these days, if you're going to
> make a change. <g>

Dave LaCourse
December 26th, 2003, 10:58 PM
DT writes:

>Coming from Jacoby that's almost coherent, founded or not...
>
>Readers should understand that Jacoby is the Wingnut's Wingnut, well to the
>right of Attila the Hun, and loses no opportunity to prove it in The Boston
>Globe...
>
>/daytripper (Frankly, the guy is a scary moron. How he got any byline, I'll
>never know, never mind one in The Boston Globe...)

I didn't mean for it to be a right vs left post, Dave. It was sent to me by a
Jewish friend and I thought it fine to print on these pages for all that do not
know about or understand Chanuka. Guess I was wrong.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Dave LaCourse
December 26th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Jeff writes:

>btw... it appears that it's me, indian joe, lou teletski, warren (?),
>wally for the weekend only and then only if weather suits him, pj if he
>decides to go at the fukkin last minute and then only if wayno hasn't
>made plans otherwise for the two of them, you and the swede (if y'all
>choose). anyway, we've got plenty of time between now and may... if
>there is a change of plans by any of the aforementioned, let me know.
>lou has laid claim to the smallest bedroom upstairs, so it's sofas and
>basement beds left. bring yer ear plugs...

Thanks, but I can't make Penns this year anyway. I got all excited when Roger
said he might come over to it. Jo reminded me of mid-month plans, so I could
only go for a couple of days. Plus, we are going to Lakewood one week earlier
than usual. But thanks for the consideration.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Charlie Choc
December 26th, 2003, 11:04 PM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:49:19 -0500, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

>does that come in a can or bottle? <g>

Gallon jug. <g>
--
Charlie...

Wolfgang
December 26th, 2003, 11:46 PM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On 26 Dec 2003 18:14:03 GMT, (Dave LaCourse) wrote:
> >
> >http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/jj20031226.shtml
>
> Coming from Jacoby that's almost coherent, founded or not...
>
> Readers should understand that Jacoby is the Wingnut's Wingnut, well to
the
> right of Attila the Hun, and loses no opportunity to prove it in The
Boston
> Globe...
>
> /daytripper (Frankly, the guy is a scary moron. How he got any byline,
I'll
> never know, never mind one in The Boston Globe...)

Interesting. If your analysis of Jacoby is right....and I trust your
judgment in these matters....you've got to wonder about his motivation in
writing a piece like this. He got the facts pretty much straight and there
doesn't seem to be any overt agenda glaring forth. In fact, the piece was
quite coherent and informative, if not exactly news.

Wolfgang
oh, and you should be ashamed of yourself for making old women cry. :(

Jeff Miller
December 26th, 2003, 11:59 PM
we'll miss you...

but...there's always sweden.

jeff (if it's tuesday... this must be... damn, it's not belgium, nor
tuesday... oh well, off to the pamlico sound tomorrow, and that'll do
for the n'once)

Dave LaCourse wrote:

> Jeff writes:
>

>>btw... it appears that it's me, indian joe, lou teletski, warren (?),
>>wally for the weekend only and then only if weather suits him, pj if he
>>decides to go at the fukkin last minute and then only if wayno hasn't
>>made plans otherwise for the two of them, you and the swede (if y'all
>>choose). anyway, we've got plenty of time between now and may... if
>>there is a change of plans by any of the aforementioned, let me know.
>>lou has laid claim to the smallest bedroom upstairs, so it's sofas and
>>basement beds left. bring yer ear plugs...
>>

> Thanks, but I can't make Penns this year anyway. I got all excited when Roger
> said he might come over to it. Jo reminded me of mid-month plans, so I could
> only go for a couple of days. Plus, we are going to Lakewood one week earlier
> than usual. But thanks for the consideration.
> Dave
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Jeff Miller
December 27th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:

> jeffie: lemme tell you what would *really* be frightening: le
> duc du chocolat on a steady diet of seethroughs...

....danger, will robinson...

knowing firsthand, and vicariously, the power of the seethrough... i
expect it'd be like livin in kingston, jamaica.

jeff

daytripper
December 27th, 2003, 01:43 AM
On 26 Dec 2003 22:58:48 GMT, (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

>DT writes:
>
>>Coming from Jacoby that's almost coherent, founded or not...
>>
>>Readers should understand that Jacoby is the Wingnut's Wingnut, well to the
>>right of Attila the Hun, and loses no opportunity to prove it in The Boston
>>Globe...
>>
>>/daytripper (Frankly, the guy is a scary moron. How he got any byline, I'll
>>never know, never mind one in The Boston Globe...)
>
>I didn't mean for it to be a right vs left post, Dave. It was sent to me by a
>Jewish friend and I thought it fine to print on these pages for all that do not
>know about or understand Chanuka. Guess I was wrong.

Nothing new there.

>Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Yeah, sure.

/daytripper (and that's that.)

daytripper
December 27th, 2003, 01:50 AM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:46:43 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
>> On 26 Dec 2003 18:14:03 GMT, (Dave LaCourse) wrote:
>> >
>> >http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jeffjacoby/jj20031226.shtml
>>
>> Coming from Jacoby that's almost coherent, founded or not...
>>
>> Readers should understand that Jacoby is the Wingnut's Wingnut, well to
>the
>> right of Attila the Hun, and loses no opportunity to prove it in The
>Boston
>> Globe...
>>
>> /daytripper (Frankly, the guy is a scary moron. How he got any byline,
>I'll
>> never know, never mind one in The Boston Globe...)
>
>Interesting. If your analysis of Jacoby is right....and I trust your
>judgment in these matters....you've got to wonder about his motivation in
>writing a piece like this. He got the facts pretty much straight and there
>doesn't seem to be any overt agenda glaring forth. In fact, the piece was
>quite coherent and informative, if not exactly news.
>
>Wolfgang
>oh, and you should be ashamed of yourself for making old women cry. :(

I can only believe it is a form of self-inflicted penance for another year of
his maleficence in print...

/daytripper (tweren't nearly enough)

Dave LaCourse
December 27th, 2003, 02:06 AM
DT writes:

<insincerities snipped>

Sour grapes do make wonderful whines.

Dave (who is glad Saddam Hussein was captured, regardles *who* wins next
November.)

Wolfgang
December 27th, 2003, 02:20 AM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> DT writes:
>
> <insincerities snipped>
>
> Sour grapes do make wonderful whines.

Thus demonstrating beyond a shadow of doubt that irony IS God! :)

> Dave (who is glad Saddam Hussein was captured, regardles > *who* wins next
> November.)

Saddam Who?

Wolfgang
still wondering why it is that the most prolific liars are virtually always
the worst.

December 27th, 2003, 03:29 AM
wrote:

> It was sent to me by a
>Jewish friend and I thought it fine to print on these pages for all that do not
>know about or understand Chanuka. Guess I was wrong.
>
>Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Not wrong by me. I thought it was very nice and informative. I'd
never understood diddly about the Macabee revolt previously. And I'd
assumed Chanuka was one of the old biblical holidays, like Passover.
Thanks.

--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

daytripper
December 27th, 2003, 04:58 AM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:20:59 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

>"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
>> DT writes:
>>
>> <insincerities snipped>
>>
>> Sour grapes do make wonderful whines.
>
>Thus demonstrating beyond a shadow of doubt that irony IS God! :)
>
>> Dave (who is glad Saddam Hussein was captured, regardles > *who* wins next
>> November.)
>
>Saddam Who?
>
>Wolfgang
>still wondering why it is that the most prolific liars are virtually always
>the worst.

Nice try, but he won't get it...

/daytripper (nope, no way, no how)

Charlie Choc
December 27th, 2003, 11:01 AM
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:40:43 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
> wrote:

> > jeffie: lemme tell you what would *really* be frightening: le
>duc du chocolat on a steady diet of seethroughs...

Been there, done that.
--
Charlie...