PDA

View Full Version : first fly rod?

OklahomaRedRider
January 1st, 2004, 04:43 PM
I am in the market for a fly rod. Probably a 5 or 6 wt. Any feedback on the
Temple Fork rods? How do they stack up against the lower priced Winstons
(Ibis) and the Scott V2, A2? Also any experience with the White River Rods
from Bass Pro? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill Kiene
January 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM
Hello ORR,

We carry all those rods and more except the Bass Pro "White River"
naturally. Those are available at Bass Pro only.

They are all wonderful rods. We are very lucky today with all the great
lower price rods. It is helping more people to get into the sport and have a
fly rod that cast well.

Winston "Ibis" is a great value @ $295

The new for 2004 Scott V2 and A2 are great.

Loomis has some great new trout rods this year too.

Sage has the LE and DS2 which are top sellers.

Redington/Sage has some great values like the Wayfarrer 5 pc series @ $195.

For 2004 Orvis and St.Croix have 9' #5, 4 piece rods @ $100US

TFO is very hot now with great rods from $89 to $299.

PS: We are still selling high end rods, but naturally not at the same rate
as low to mid-priced. Actually, the people that buy the high end usually
tell you what they want and you merely ring it up.Sage still can't produce
enough new Xi2 rods @ $625US to meet the current demand.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"OklahomaRedRider" > wrote in message

> I am in the market for a fly rod. Probably a 5 or 6 wt. Any feedback on
the
> Temple Fork rods? How do they stack up against the lower priced Winstons
> (Ibis) and the Scott V2, A2? Also any experience with the White River
Rods
> from Bass Pro? Thanks in advance for any advice.

asadi
January 2nd, 2004, 01:06 PM
Kinda contradictory there, Red Rider. You can't really mention winstons (in
whatever price range) and the white river series all in the same paragraph.
I've got a white river and to be honest, I don't like it.

Oh they have their place I'm sure but Cabela's stowaway line is much better
if your looking to stay on the economy side....

When ya comin' back?

john