PDA

View Full Version : College Park ... or Chantilly

Jim Ray
January 2nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
Happy New Year to All, and a question: I'm not sure from a schedule
standpoint whether I can get to the College Park FF show this year, and just
learned about the Chantilly show as an alternative. Have any of you been to
both, and if so, how do they compare?

TIA,
Jim Ray

--
email SPAM countermeasures require removal of allnails to reply

Wayne
January 2nd, 2004, 07:13 PM
The Chantilly show was pretty good and had more actual bargains. However,
the last time they held the show it was a total bust. If you wanted to
watch bubbas buying plastic worms and ogling big game hunting trips, they
had you covered. They only had a row and a half of fly fishing stuff and it
was an embarrassment. The College Park show is excellent and there are a
couple of small shows. One is somewhere in the Leesburg area and they are
trying to get a small show off the ground in Fredericksburg this year. I'm
staying away from Chantilly unless I get a real hankerin' for bear jerky.
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"Jim Ray" > wrote in message
> Happy New Year to All, and a question: I'm not sure from a schedule
> standpoint whether I can get to the College Park FF show this year, and
just
> learned about the Chantilly show as an alternative. Have any of you been
> both, and if so, how do they compare?
>
> TIA,
> Jim Ray
>
> --
> email SPAM countermeasures require removal of allnails to reply

Jim Ray
January 2nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well, I guess since I'm not much into bear jerky eaither, I gotta figure a
way to make the trek to CP. If it works out, maybe we can catch lunch again.

Jim ray

--
"Wayne" > wrote in message
> The Chantilly show was pretty good and had more actual bargains. However,
> the last time they held the show it was a total bust. If you wanted to
> watch bubbas buying plastic worms and ogling big game hunting trips, they
> had you covered. They only had a row and a half of fly fishing stuff and
it
> was an embarrassment. The College Park show is excellent and there are a
> couple of small shows. One is somewhere in the Leesburg area and they are
> trying to get a small show off the ground in Fredericksburg this year.
I'm
> staying away from Chantilly unless I get a real hankerin' for bear jerky.
> --
> Wayne
> To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!
>
> "Jim Ray" > wrote in message
> > Happy New Year to All, and a question: I'm not sure from a schedule
> > standpoint whether I can get to the College Park FF show this year, and
> just
> > learned about the Chantilly show as an alternative. Have any of you been
> > both, and if so, how do they compare?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Jim Ray
> >
> > --
> > email SPAM countermeasures require removal of allnails to reply

Wayne
January 2nd, 2004, 10:01 PM
I'm gonna be there Saturday for the noon get-together and may return Sunday
for a mountain stream seminar taught by Harry Murray.