PDA

View Full Version : Sale

Ken Fortenberry
January 3rd, 2004, 01:54 AM
Sierra Trading Post has got hold of some Orvis & Redington
fly lines:

http://tinyurl.com/23z4l

Disclaimer: Posted as a "heads up" only. I have no affiliation with
Sierra Trading Post, I just get their catalog in the mail
and think that their Cheyenne store sucks wind.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Tim Carter
January 3rd, 2004, 06:57 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> Sierra Trading Post has got hold of some Orvis & Redington
> fly lines:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23z4l
>
> Disclaimer: Posted as a "heads up" only. I have no affiliation with
> Sierra Trading Post, I just get their catalog in the mail
> and think that their Cheyenne store sucks wind.

And Cortland has some 333, 444 & 444SL lines for 50% off from their
website -- http://www.cortlandline.com/ No affiliation with them either,
but I did just buy a 333 sink tip. For $15, I figured I couldn't lose.
They also shipped it Airborne Express for $5, so it was here in no time.
FWIW, I heard that the 333 lines had been upgraded when their 444 and 555
lines came out...it was cheaper for them to use the same materials in the
333 lines as the other lines. The remaining differences were left described
as 'additional time taken' in some of the processes.

Charlie Wilson
January 3rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
Snoop and I drove up to STP last week. All the flylines they had left
were slightly fatter than garden hoses.

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> Sierra Trading Post has got hold of some Orvis & Redington
> fly lines:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23z4l
>
> Disclaimer: Posted as a "heads up" only. I have no affiliation with
> Sierra Trading Post, I just get their catalog in the mail
> and think that their Cheyenne store sucks wind.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Snoop
January 3rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Charlie Wilson wrote:
> Snoop and I drove up to STP last week. All the flylines they had left
> were slightly fatter than garden hoses.

Great trip, Charlie. You forgot to mention we went to Cabela's, too. So,
was that a shopping trip on which we happened to smoke fine cigars or a cigar
trip with shopping thrown in as an extra treat? Peggy raised an eyebrow on me
when she first got in HER car. But, it's mostly aired out now---kinda. I told
her she should be happy that we smoked the good ones.

Snoop

bruiser
January 5th, 2004, 03:53 AM
"Snoop" > wrote

> I told
> her she should be happy that we smoked the good
> ones.

Classic!

bruce h