PDA

View Full Version : Penns Creek - Carolina cabin

Jeff Miller
January 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
after being exiled to schaffers country cabins last year, indian joe and
i have have successfully reclaimed the carolina cabin for this year's
penns gathering, may 16-22. Cost is around $600 for the week. So far the
following have signed up:

-Indian Joe - big bedroom (age has its advantages)

-me - next big bedroom (as i said, age has its advantages...and...it's
my usual spot)

-lou teletski - small bedroom/broom closet with mattress.

-warren -

-waldo for the weekend only...perhaps...

-mike makela for a few days, perhaps... he says he needs internet access
for work...plus, he's unaccustomed to anyplace away from the squalor of
tent camping in the hemlock marshlands <g>

-pj asked that i hold a place for him... but he is an uncertain occupant
wherever he goes or doesn't go...<g> haven't heard from wayno...

wolfgang??? are you coming this year? if so, there's a hobbit hole
available...as always.

lou says he is bringing cots and air mattresses. dave lacourse now says
he will not be coming, and i don't know roger ohlund's status. anyway...
without regard to who stays, we need to plan another group meal down the
road at the sportsman's club... wouldn't be penns without a big
yeungling draft and burger at the sportsman's.

jeff

Allen Epps
January 3rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
In article <DzyJb.64833$hf1.51940@lakeread06>, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

snipped

here's a hobbit hole
> available...as always.
>
> lou says he is bringing cots and air mattresses. dave lacourse now says
> he will not be coming, and i don't know roger ohlund's status. anyway...
> without regard to who stays, we need to plan another group meal down the
> road at the sportsman's club... wouldn't be penns without a big
> yeungling draft and burger at the sportsman's.
>
> jeff

Jeff,
I did pick you up a six pack of that Penn's lager and winter has not
been too bad yet so it's still in the basement. I was not planning on
going to Penns this year as it comes between Turkey season in Kentucky
and a trip to Maine with Dave but with Roger making plans to come I'll
likely be there for a long weekend anyway.

Allen
Catonsville, MD

Dave LaCourse
January 3rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Jeff writes:

>lou says he is bringing cots and air mattresses. dave lacourse now says
>he will not be coming, and i don't know roger ohlund's status. anyway...
>without regard to who stays, we need to plan another group meal down the
>road at the sportsman's club... wouldn't be penns without a big
>yeungling draft and burger at the sportsman's.
>
>jeff

If Roger flies into Boston, I will pick him up at Logan. He can spend that
night with us in the Peter Charles Suite, and I will bring him to Penns the
following day, show him where to get his license, and drop him off at the
Cackalackie Cabin. I will spend the night - couch is fine. I'll cook
breakfast. d;o)

If Stan Gula or Timmay (if they are attending) could bring Roger back to the
Springfield/Palmer area, I will pick him up and get him to Logan for his
flight.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Tim J.
January 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
"Dave LaCourse" wrote...
> Jeff writes:
>
> >lou says he is bringing cots and air mattresses. dave lacourse now says
> >he will not be coming, and i don't know roger ohlund's status. anyway...
> >without regard to who stays, we need to plan another group meal down the
> >road at the sportsman's club... wouldn't be penns without a big
> >yeungling draft and burger at the sportsman's.
>
> If Roger flies into Boston, I will pick him up at Logan. He can spend that
> night with us in the Peter Charles Suite, and I will bring him to Penns the
> following day, show him where to get his license, and drop him off at the
> Cackalackie Cabin. I will spend the night - couch is fine. I'll cook
> breakfast. d;o)

You REALLY like that new car, don't you?! :)

> If Stan Gula or Timmay (if they are attending) could bring Roger back to the
> Springfield/Palmer area, I will pick him up and get him to Logan for his
> flight.

Penns is in the very outside chance column for me, and Stan told me the same
thing. We'll see how things unfold.
--
TL,
Tim

Jeff Miller
January 4th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Allen Epps wrote:

> Jeff,
> I did pick you up a six pack of that Penn's lager and winter has not
> been too bad yet so it's still in the basement. I was not planning on
> going to Penns this year as it comes between Turkey season in Kentucky
> and a trip to Maine with Dave but with Roger making plans to come I'll
> likely be there for a long weekend anyway.
>
> Allen
> Catonsville, MD

and...um...will the beer accompany you? <g>

jeff

Jeff Miller
January 4th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Dave LaCourse wrote:

> I will spend the night - couch is fine. I'll cook
> breakfast. d;o)

uh oh... <g>

jeff (who'll be bringing extra strikin paper)

Charlie Choc
January 4th, 2004, 09:31 PM
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:11:21 -0500, Jeff Miller
> wrote:
>
>jeff (who'll be bringing extra strikin paper)

Or an extra t-shirt. Maybe your other one will turn up at the Madison
clave. <g>
--
Charlie...

Jeff Miller
January 4th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:11:21 -0500, Jeff Miller
> > wrote:
>
>>jeff (who'll be bringing extra strikin paper)
>

> Or an extra t-shirt. Maybe your other one will turn up at the Madison
> clave. <g>

.... i doubt i will revisit that particular despoiled stretch of the
madison... but, it was a fine wipin shirt as i recall. btw, who cooked
breakfast that day?

jeff

Allen Epps
January 4th, 2004, 11:46 PM
In article <Zl%Jb.68921$hf1.17745@lakeread06>, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

> Allen Epps wrote:
>

> > Jeff,
> > I did pick you up a six pack of that Penn's lager and winter has not
> > been too bad yet so it's still in the basement. I was not planning on
> > going to Penns this year as it comes between Turkey season in Kentucky
> > and a trip to Maine with Dave but with Roger making plans to come I'll
> > likely be there for a long weekend anyway.
> >
> > Allen
> > Catonsville, MD
>
> and...um...will the beer accompany you? <g>
>
> jeff

Perhaps... Still a lot of winter left yet so we'll see :^

Allen

Charlie Choc
January 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:29:43 -0500, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

> btw, who cooked
>breakfast that day?

I think I had cereal. BTW, if you'd get on IJ's Metamusil regimin
you'd get that business out of the way before you leave the cabin. <g>
--
Charlie...

Jeff Miller
January 5th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Charlie Choc wrote:

> I think I had cereal. BTW, if you'd get on IJ's Metamusil regimin
> you'd get that business out of the way before you leave the cabin. <g>

looking forward to fishing worry-free this year. laplac sent me a supply
of depends...and, i've got some orange-tasting metamucil. reminds me of
tang.

jeff (but, i'll be bringing extra t-shirts too)

Mike Connor
January 5th, 2004, 12:23 AM
"Charlie Choc" > schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:29:43 -0500, Jeff Miller
> > wrote:
>
> > btw, who cooked
> >breakfast that day?
> >
> I think I had cereal. BTW, if you'd get on IJ's Metamusil regimin
> you'd get that business out of the way before you leave the cabin. <g>
> --
> Charlie...

Oh Yeah, taht works, but everybody else then has to leave the cabin as
well! :)

TL
MC

Lat705
January 5th, 2004, 01:42 AM
> get on IJ's Metamusil

I hear it goes good with deep fried tofu.

Lou T

Wolfgang
January 5th, 2004, 05:02 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> after being exiled to schaffers country cabins last year, indian joe
and
> i have have successfully reclaimed the carolina cabin for this
year's
> penns gathering, may 16-22......wolfgang??? are you coming this
year? if so, there's a hobbit hole
> available...as always.

Thinking about it.....um.....do I get a warmer dog this year? :(

Wolfgang

Jeff
January 5th, 2004, 11:12 PM
an honest to god bed and mattress awaits... of course, it's in the
basement... but lou says he's bringing an air mattress or two you can
use wherever it suits you ('cept in my bedroom). you don't really sleep
that much anyway...

Wolfgang wrote:

> "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
>
>>after being exiled to schaffers country cabins last year, indian joe
>
> and
>
>>i have have successfully reclaimed the carolina cabin for this
>
> year's
>
>>penns gathering, may 16-22......wolfgang??? are you coming this
>
> year? if so, there's a hobbit hole
>
>>available...as always.
>

> Thinking about it.....um.....do I get a warmer dog this year? :(
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> an honest to god bed and mattress awaits... of course, it's in the
> basement... but lou says he's bringing an air mattress or two you can
> use wherever it suits you

Sounds positively luxurious

> ('cept in my bedroom).

Roger that.....um.....that may have been a poor choice of words, I guess.
:(

> you don't really sleep
> that much anyway...

Depends on the company.....an open eye and a tightly closed sphincter is
better than the other way around, is our motto. :)

Wolfgang
so, anyway, i guess that's a no on the dog, huh?

Jeff Miller
January 6th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> so, anyway, i guess that's a no on the dog, huh?

uh...donknow...perhaps ken will bring kipper...

or...if hunting season, we might stumble upon another sleeping companion
with a radio collar...

jeff

Lat705
January 6th, 2004, 02:33 AM
>Thinking about it.....um.....do I get a warmer dog this year? :(

Want me to bring my year old Golden Retriever as a room mate for you? He humps
anything that moves (and a lot of things that don't). Plus the gas he produces
will stop you from eating eggs.

Lou T

Wolfgang
January 6th, 2004, 02:45 AM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> Want me to bring my year old Golden Retriever as a room mate for you? He
humps
> anything that moves (and a lot of things that don't). Plus the gas he
produces
> will stop you from eating eggs.

Well, he sounds like a perfect candidate for clave attendance......um....but
I was hoping for something just a wee bit less rumbustious. As Jeff pointed
out, I already don't get much sleep at those affairs.

Wolfgang
who, after the turn this thread has taken, probably won't get much sleep
tonight either. :(