PDA

View Full Version : what the....

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 12:21 AM
ya know, it don't matter, it's all inane.

roff, it seems, has taken it's habitual cold season spin into the
dark vitriolic morass of cabin fever.... for this i feel yer
yankah' pain.... but i will share nor show no mercy....

muthas, 'ole uncle wally caught some fine fish today in noth
cackalacky and gawdangit, i think i'll gloat in that aura (and
rub it in some) fer awhile.... plus, the mighty 'canes beat 'dem
'ole nasty 'noles..... life is good.

cheers!

wally.... who is contemplatin' blowin' off paperwork and doin'
the finah' dance agin' 'morrow....

Ken Fortenberry
January 4th, 2004, 12:23 AM
walt winter wrote:
> muthas, 'ole uncle wally caught some fine fish today ...

Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
Big friggin' deal.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Warren
January 4th, 2004, 12:37 AM
wrote...
> Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
> Big friggin' deal.

Uh oh, you aren't going to get any mercy from 'ole Uncle Wally! Fire
away with those rocks Walt and welcome to the fray(s)! <G>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> walt winter wrote:
>
>> ... muthas, 'ole uncle wally caught some fine fish today ...
>

> Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
> Big friggin' deal.

"yeah, right". here's two bits, buy a clue.... trouble is ken,
i'm a fisherman, yer in ass..... some things are cast in
stone.... you'll always be in ass, i'll always outfish ya....

yer friggin pal in nc, wally

Ken Fortenberry
January 4th, 2004, 01:14 AM
walt winter wrote:

> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>
>> walt winter wrote:
>>
>>> ... muthas, 'ole uncle wally caught some fine fish today ...
>>

>> Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
>> Big friggin' deal.
>>

> "yeah, right". here's two bits, buy a clue....

Bite me, Waldo. If you want to rub my nose in it, tell me about
some treacherous trek up an icy rock garden in pursuit of picky
trout. Standing in a ****ing ditch catching stockers with wooly
buggers ain't no kinda "fishing" I'd spend two bits to hear a
"clue" about.

--
Ken Fortenberry

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Warren wrote:
> wrote...
>
>>Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
>>Big friggin' deal.
>

> Uh oh, you aren't going to get any mercy from 'ole Uncle Wally! Fire
> away with those rocks Walt and welcome to the fray(s)! <G>

shoot warren.... playin' with ken is chiles play.... he can't
sling a yeller humpy worth a damn and i sweartagod i ain't neer
seen his sorry ass catch a fish whilst sippin' high country
merlot and playin' a banjo. the boy is a maudlid pip, i tellya.

uncle wally, but i'll fish with his sorry ass anytime ;-)

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> walt winter wrote:
>
>> Ken Fortenberry wrote:

>>> Yeah, right. You caught a ****in' stocker on a wooly bugger.
>>> Big friggin' deal.
>>>

>> "yeah, right". here's two bits, buy a clue....
>

> Bite me, Waldo. If you want to rub my nose in it, tell me about
> some treacherous trek up an icy rock garden in pursuit of picky
> trout. Standing in a ****ing ditch catching stockers with wooly
> buggers ain't no kinda "fishing" I'd spend two bits to hear a
> "clue" about.

ok, last friday, banner elk, 16 degees, iced guides, frozen toes,
bitter stuff... you know the scene. treacherous... sure...
slipped and fell at least four or five times on the slick
****.... caught a few "pickies", missed a few, had a great time.

today, floatin' in the boat down a river, big *wild* browns....
wooly buggers? no, fished some personally tied streamers.... they
worked well.... i'm pleased.

like i said, get a clue.. don't matter to me ken, i'm fishin, yer
dreamin.

wally

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Greg Pavlov wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:21:29 GMT, walt winter
> > wrote:
>

>>roff, it seems, has taken it's habitual cold season spin into the
>>dark vitriolic morass of cabin fever.... for this i feel yer
>>yankah' pain.... but i will share nor show no mercy....
>

> Hell, there's fine fishing up here in Midwest Yankee
> Land. Our big problem so far isn't cold, it's too
> much rain and cloudy water. But there are some good
> days & good creeks to fish.

that's good to hear greg.... but i gotta be straight with ya,
seems to me like this saloon has gone to hell lately with all the
cyclical nauseating politico crap. some may find that
entertaining, i view it as tiresome.

--wally

Tim Carter
January 4th, 2004, 02:14 AM
> that's good to hear greg.... but i gotta be straight with ya,
> seems to me like this saloon has gone to hell lately with all the
> cyclical nauseating politico crap. some may find that
> entertaining, i view it as tiresome.

well that's no reason to post something that relates to flyfishing, walt.
now is not the time for fishing. no sir, it don't matter a lick if you are
catching quality fish in the beautiful out of doors. what you need to do is
find something to boast about and, if you do it right, you make yourself
feel better by browbeating everyone else. see, if you do that, people won't
think you're a miserable sack that only likes to fly fish. you'll be
important then....real important.

Wolfgang
January 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> > that's good to hear greg.... but i gotta be straight with ya,
> > seems to me like this saloon has gone to hell lately with all the
> > cyclical nauseating politico crap. some may find that
> > entertaining, i view it as tiresome.
>
> well that's no reason to post something that relates to flyfishing, walt.
> now is not the time for fishing. no sir, it don't matter a lick if you
are
> catching quality fish in the beautiful out of doors. what you need to do
is
> find something to boast about and, if you do it right, you make yourself
> feel better by browbeating everyone else. see, if you do that, people
won't
> think you're a miserable sack that only likes to fly fish. you'll be
> important then....real important.

Feel better now?

Wolfgang

Warren
January 4th, 2004, 02:34 AM
wrote...
> shoot warren.... playin' with ken is chiles play.... he can't
> sling a yeller humpy worth a damn and i sweartagod i ain't neer
> seen his sorry ass catch a fish whilst sippin' high country
> merlot and playin' a banjo. the boy is a maudlid pip, i tellya.

Oh crap, my subscription to the Redneck Journal expired and I don't
have the latest decoder ring...... I don't want to be shot and am
curious as to how you play with chiles and then catch fish while
drinking wine and playing a banjo all at the same time. Don't the
chiles leave a scent on your flies that spooks the fish? What kind
of drinking apparatus are you using that allows you to drink while
fishing and playing the banjo simultaneously? Unable to decode last
sentence even though you are trying to tell me something.

<bseg>

> uncle wally, but i'll fish with his sorry ass anytime ;-)

Yeah, he isn't a bad guy to fish with despite all of his other
failings. Example, his disgust with drinking out of a dixie cup. It
was a five star dixie cup too! Stuck up *******..... <g>
--

"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Tim Carter" > wrote in message
> >
> > > that's good to hear greg.... but i gotta be straight with ya,
> > > seems to me like this saloon has gone to hell lately with all the
> > > cyclical nauseating politico crap. some may find that
> > > entertaining, i view it as tiresome.
> >
> > well that's no reason to post something that relates to flyfishing,
walt.
> > now is not the time for fishing. no sir, it don't matter a lick if you
> are
> > catching quality fish in the beautiful out of doors. what you need to
do
> is
> > find something to boast about and, if you do it right, you make yourself
> > feel better by browbeating everyone else. see, if you do that, people
> won't
> > think you're a miserable sack that only likes to fly fish. you'll be
> > important then....real important.
>
> Feel better now?

Is this a better-than-someone-else question??

> Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 4th, 2004, 02:37 AM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> > > well that's no reason to post something that relates to flyfishing,
> walt.
> > > now is not the time for fishing. no sir, it don't matter a lick if
you
> > are
> > > catching quality fish in the beautiful out of doors. what you need to
> do
> > is
> > > find something to boast about and, if you do it right, you make
yourself
> > > feel better by browbeating everyone else. see, if you do that, people
> > won't
> > > think you're a miserable sack that only likes to fly fish. you'll be
> > > important then....real important.
> >
> > Feel better now?
>
> Is this a better-than-someone-else question??

Is that a cleverly disguised fishing report?

Wolfgang

Tim Carter
January 4th, 2004, 02:45 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> > walt.
> you
> > > are
> > do
> > > is
> yourself
> > > won't
> > >
> > > Feel better now?
> >
> > Is this a better-than-someone-else question??
>
> Is that a cleverly disguised fishing report?

No, it was a question to seek further clarification to your post. But, if
you'd like a fishing report, I'll give it to you. I went to the Clearfork
here in Ohio last weekend and the weekend before that. Both times the river
was really too high, but I fished it anyway. Didn't catch anything, but
realized that maybe I should try a sink tip line for the deep pools I
thought the fish might be holed up in. I bought one and planned to use it
yesterday, but the water was way to high for an attempt. I had hoped to go
out tomorrow....but it's still raining, so I don't think the two local trout
streams not the steelhead streams up in Northern Ohio will be worth a damn.
I'm still excited about using the sink tip as I think that will be the key
to some of the waters I fish...and I'm also glad I haven't had the need to
use the ice-off for my lines and guides.

> Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 4th, 2004, 02:55 AM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> > Is that a cleverly disguised fishing report?
>
> No, it was a question to seek further clarification to your post.

Liar.

> But, if you'd like a fishing report, I'll give it to you...

Good God, now where did you get THAT stupid idea?

Wolfgang

Tim Carter
January 4th, 2004, 03:04 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Tim Carter" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Is that a cleverly disguised fishing report?
> >
> > No, it was a question to seek further clarification to your post.
>
> Liar.

cooking implements...it's all cooking implements.

> > But, if you'd like a fishing report, I'll give it to you...
>
> Good God, now where did you get THAT stupid idea?

This is rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, isn't it?

> Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 4th, 2004, 03:20 AM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> > > No, it was a question to seek further clarification to your post.
> >
> > Liar.
>
> cooking implements...it's all cooking implements.

No, colanders, spatulas, pots, blenders......things like that are cooking
implements. Deliberate misrepresentations are lies.

> > > But, if you'd like a fishing report, I'll give it to you...
> >
> > Good God, now where did you get THAT stupid idea?
>
> This is rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, isn't it?

Yep.

O.k., I've answered your question.....now you answer mine.

Your turn. :)

Wolfgang

Tim Carter
January 4th, 2004, 03:41 AM

> > > Liar.
> >
> > cooking implements...it's all cooking implements.
>
> No, colanders, spatulas, pots, blenders......things like that are cooking
> implements. Deliberate misrepresentations are lies.

Pots and Kettles my dear. Pots and Kettles.

Bill Kiene
January 4th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Hi Walt,

You gotta take off some time? Good.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"walt winter" > wrote in message
> ya know, it don't matter, it's all inane.
>
> roff, it seems, has taken it's habitual cold season spin into the
> dark vitriolic morass of cabin fever.... for this i feel yer
> yankah' pain.... but i will share nor show no mercy....
>
> muthas, 'ole uncle wally caught some fine fish today in noth
> cackalacky and gawdangit, i think i'll gloat in that aura (and
> rub it in some) fer awhile.... plus, the mighty 'canes beat 'dem
> 'ole nasty 'noles..... life is good.
>
> cheers!
>
> wally.... who is contemplatin' blowin' off paperwork and doin'
> the finah' dance agin' 'morrow....

-- Rob
January 4th, 2004, 05:15 AM
>O.k., I've answered your question.....now you answer mine.
>
>Your turn. :)

more gas wafts through this place
than, than, than burned in
that derangible thangy ways back when...

-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Wolfgang
January 4th, 2004, 06:29 AM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in message

> Pots and Kettles my dear. Pots and Kettles.

Smoke and mirrors, luv.

I just ADORE talking about fishing.....don't you?

Your turn. :)

Wolfgang

walt winter
January 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Bill Kiene wrote:
> Hi Walt,
>
> You gotta take off some time? Good.

yeah Bill.... that's my new years resolution. i'm gonna work
less, fish more, and boast about it here at roff ;-)

seriously, i have only been fishing 3 times since we chased
albies down on the coast together back in early november. when
lee quit right before t-day, i decided to go it alone for awhile.
well, december about busted me.... burned me out pretty good. so
i made the decision on christmas day that the best present i
could give myself was more time with marie and more time enjoying
days astream with my friends.

the only way to accomplish that was to reduce store hours so i've
cut back the shop hours some. i don't know if that is the right
decision or not businesswise, but it is the right decision wallywise.

sorry if ken and others took offense to my post.... oh well, roff
goes on........

wally

Lennie Richardson
January 4th, 2004, 09:41 PM
"walt winter" > wrote in message
> ya know, it don't matter, it's all inane.
>
> roff, it seems, has taken it's habitual cold season spin into the
> dark vitriolic morass of cabin fever.... for this i feel yer
> yankah' pain.... but i will share nor show no mercy....

....well, if dickless over there hadn't started it...

Ken Fortenberry
January 5th, 2004, 01:03 AM
walt winter wrote:
> sorry if ken and others took offense to my post....

Don't apologize to me, you silly Hurricane Gator. I'd rather
deep fry a turkey and eat peanut butter bruschetta at a four
star restaurant than accept an apology on roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry

daytripper
January 5th, 2004, 01:29 AM
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:03:28 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>walt winter wrote:
>> sorry if ken and others took offense to my post....
>
>Don't apologize to me, you silly Hurricane Gator. I'd rather
>deep fry a turkey and eat peanut butter bruschetta at a four
>star restaurant than accept an apology on roff.

Ummm......Not bad, but keep working at it.

/daytripper ("Be like Tim!" ;-)

Willi
January 6th, 2004, 06:34 PM
daytripper wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:03:28 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> > wrote:
>

>>walt winter wrote:

>>>sorry if ken and others took offense to my post....
>>
>>Don't apologize to me, you silly Hurricane Gator. I'd rather
>>deep fry a turkey and eat peanut butter bruschetta at a four
>>star restaurant than accept an apology on roff.
>

> Ummm......Not bad, but keep working at it.
>
> /daytripper ("Be like Tim!" ;-)

Yeah, Ken needs some practice, TBone was better at it.

I haven't heard from Tim in a while. Last time I heard, he bagged some
classy job that was flying him all over the globe.

Willi