PDA

View Full Version : More Lapland clave 2003 pictures

Roger Ohlund
January 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM
More Lapland clave pictures 2003. (Also available on the web site under TR:
Lapland clave 2003 - Roger or Henrik)
These pictures are from the same river that we intend to hold the 2004 clave
at, way further downstream and only bordering on the mountain region.
(and further towards the ocean according to well a informed source ;-) )

Some of my pictures (the ones I've had time to scan)

http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/clave_central.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/dinner.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/dinner_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/erik.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred_c.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred_d.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred_e.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/fred_fish_on.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/hans_bocks_nice_catch.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/henrik.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/henrik_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/henrik_c.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/henrik_fishing_after_rising.j
pg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_c.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_d.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_e.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_f.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_g.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_h.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/laisan_i.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/myron.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/myron_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/myrons_rock.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/roger_prep_meal.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/rogers_trout.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/rope_bridge.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_dellikjokk_creek.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_from_rope_bridge.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_from_rope_bridge_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_from_rope_bridge_c.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_river_laisan.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/sunset_river_laisan_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/vaughan_fred_erik.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/vaughan_fred_erik_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Roger/vaughan_tying.jpg

Some of Henrik's pictures

http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Vaughan_Vindel.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Clave_central.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Coffee_break.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Dinnertime.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Evening_fishing.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Grayling.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Myron.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/River_Laisan.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/River_Laisan_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/henrik/Vaughan_Laisan.jpg

/ Roger
Daytime engineer
Lifetime fly fisherman
If you feel like it, visit http://www.imsoc.se/angler/ for info on fly
fishing in northern Sweden, Lapland,
or visit http://www.imsoc.se/ffgallery/ , the fly fishermen's gallery.

The Leaping Frog
January 6th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Very nice, Roger.

You might want to check but some of your pictures do not load in my pc (the
5 or 6 last ones)
Jerome
Roger Ohlund > wrote in message
> More Lapland clave pictures 2003. (Also available on the web site under
TR:
> Lapland clave 2003 - Roger or Henrik)
> These pictures are from the same river that we intend to hold the 2004
clave
> at, way further downstream and only bordering on the mountain region.
> (and further towards the ocean according to well a informed source ;-) )
>
> Some of my pictures (the ones I've had time to scan)

> [...]

January 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
"The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
> Very nice, Roger.
>
> You might want to check but some of your pictures do not load in my pc
(the
> 5 or 6 last ones)
> Jerome

You're right Jerome.
It should be:

http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Vaughan_Vindel.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Clave_central.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Coffee_break.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Dinnertime.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Evening_fishing.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Grayling.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Myron.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/River_Laisan.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/River_Laisan_b.jpg
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Vaughan_Laisan.jpg

There was a capital H in Henrik.

/Roger

The Leaping Frog
January 6th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Roger,

I really meant under your sub area not Henrik's!

Jerome
Roger Ohlund > wrote in message

> "The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
> > Very nice, Roger.
> >
> > You might want to check but some of your pictures do not load in my pc
> (the
> > 5 or 6 last ones)
> > Jerome
>
> You're right Jerome.
> It should be:
>
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Vaughan_Vindel.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Clave_central.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Coffee_break.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Dinnertime.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Evening_fishing.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Grayling.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Myron.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/River_Laisan.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/River_Laisan_b.jpg
> http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave/Henrik/Vaughan_Laisan.jpg
>
> There was a capital H in Henrik.
>
> /Roger

Roger Ohlund
January 6th, 2004, 07:26 PM
"The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
> Roger,
>
> I really meant under your sub area not Henrik's!
>
> Jerome

Strange, I can see all the pictures from both my computers.
I also checked the html code and it seems to be correct.

/Roger

Dave LaCourse
January 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Roger writes:

>"The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
>> Roger,
>>
>> I really meant under your sub area not Henrik's!
>>
>> Jerome
>
>Strange, I can see all the pictures from both my computers.
>I also checked the html code and it seems to be correct.
>
>/Roger

I copied all of them, Roger. No problems.

They are very beautiful, btw.

Have you decided on attending Penns Clave in May? I will not be attending - my
wife has reminded me of a date on the 18th. However, if you fly into Boston,
you can spend the first night at our home, and I will drive you to Penns on
Saturday or Sunday. I'd like to see some old friends. Getting back to Boston?
If Stan Gula or Timmay go, I am sure they will drive you back to the
Springfield, Massachusetts area where I could pick you up for delivery to
Boston. Hope you can make it.

And, I hope I can make your clave this year.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Roger Ohlund
January 7th, 2004, 09:17 AM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> Roger writes:
>
> >"The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
> >> Roger,
> >>
> >> I really meant under your sub area not Henrik's!
> >>
> >> Jerome
> >
> >Strange, I can see all the pictures from both my computers.
> >I also checked the html code and it seems to be correct.
> >
> >/Roger
>
> I copied all of them, Roger. No problems.
>
> They are very beautiful, btw.
>
> Have you decided on attending Penns Clave in May? I will not be
attending - my
> wife has reminded me of a date on the 18th. However, if you fly into
Boston,
> you can spend the first night at our home, and I will drive you to Penns
on
> Saturday or Sunday. I'd like to see some old friends. Getting back to
Boston?
> If Stan Gula or Timmay go, I am sure they will drive you back to the
> Springfield, Massachusetts area where I could pick you up for delivery to
> Boston. Hope you can make it.
>
> And, I hope I can make your clave this year.
>
> Dave

I'm still working on the possibility. I'm also checking if I can let my
company pay for travel expenses ;-)
Haven't been on ROFF for a week or maybe it was 1 1/2 ........ family
problems.
I've asked for prices for the trip Umea-Boston-Umea on the web and at the
local travel agency.
Should know in a week or two if it is feasible.

/Roger

Roger Ohlund
January 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> Roger writes:
>
> >"The Leaping Frog" > wrote in message
> >> Roger,
> >>
> >> I really meant under your sub area not Henrik's!
> >>
> >> Jerome
> >
> >Strange, I can see all the pictures from both my computers.
> >I also checked the html code and it seems to be correct.
> >
> >/Roger
>
> I copied all of them, Roger. No problems.
>
> They are very beautiful, btw.
>
> Have you decided on attending Penns Clave in May? I will not be
attending - my
> wife has reminded me of a date on the 18th. However, if you fly into
Boston,
> you can spend the first night at our home, and I will drive you to Penns
on
> Saturday or Sunday. I'd like to see some old friends. Getting back to
Boston?
> If Stan Gula or Timmay go, I am sure they will drive you back to the
> Springfield, Massachusetts area where I could pick you up for delivery to
> Boston. Hope you can make it.
>
> And, I hope I can make your clave this year.
>
> Dave

If I go from Sweden on May 14 and back from Boston on May 24 the price will
be US$ 545 for the trip (+ Umea-Stockholm-Umea).
This would leave May 15 to May 23 free for some fishing. Now then,
accomodations........
Is there anywhere near the clave central where one could stay? Would I need
a rental car?

Anyone?

/Roger

Dave LaCourse
January 7th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Roger writes:

>If I go from Sweden on May 14 and back from Boston on May 24 the price will
>be US$ 545 for the trip (+ Umea-Stockholm-Umea).
>This would leave May 15 to May 23 free for some fishing. Now then,
>accomodations........
>Is there anywhere near the clave central where one could stay? Would I need
>a rental car?
>
>Anyone?
>
>/Roger

Wow, $545 is a deal. I can deliver you to the clave on May 15. I am hoping
that there is room in the North Carolina Cabin - Jeff? I am sure Jeff can fit
you in. You shouldn't need a car as the cabin is right on the river, within
walking distance of some very nice fishing water. If there is any driving to
do, there will be more than enough vehicles there to give you a ride.

If the North Carolina Cabin is full, perhaps there is a couch in Tom
Littleton/Handyman Mike's camp (hint, hint), which would put you AT clave
central and in the midst of some very good Penns Creek fishermen. Regardless,
I am sure someone will take you in.

As I have said, I can't stay the week. I must be here for Wed/Thurs of that
week. But, we can figure out how to get you back to Boston later, even if it
means I have to go down on Friday (fish a couple of days) and bring you back
onMay 24.

Hope you can make it, Roger. Lots of folks would like to meet you.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Jeff
January 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Just sent you a note Dave. Of course we'll find a spot for Roger... Lou
said he would sacrifice his bedroom if Roger came, right Lou. <g> So
far, me, joe, lou, warren, mike makela (?), wolfgang (?), Roger. PJ may
show, but I guess he and wayno will decide their course - neither have
committed. Waldo says he might come for the weekend only... There's
plenty of room for the whole crowd in my opinion...and the more the
merrier. Lou is bringing air mattresses and cots, I think. Roger won't
need a car at Penns. As you know, folks are very good about sharing
rides and he'll have no problem.

Looking forward to meeting an honest to god Swede. Do ya think he can
find similar airfares for us next August? It would be incredible to do
the Sweden clave for a grand...

Jeff

Dave LaCourse wrote:

> Roger writes:
>

>>If I go from Sweden on May 14 and back from Boston on May 24 the price will
>>be US$ 545 for the trip (+ Umea-Stockholm-Umea).
>>This would leave May 15 to May 23 free for some fishing. Now then,
>>accomodations........
>>Is there anywhere near the clave central where one could stay? Would I need
>>a rental car?
>>
>>Anyone?
>>
>>/Roger
>>

> Wow, $545 is a deal. I can deliver you to the clave on May 15. I am hoping
> that there is room in the North Carolina Cabin - Jeff? I am sure Jeff can fit
> you in. You shouldn't need a car as the cabin is right on the river, within
> walking distance of some very nice fishing water. If there is any driving to
> do, there will be more than enough vehicles there to give you a ride.
>
> If the North Carolina Cabin is full, perhaps there is a couch in Tom
> Littleton/Handyman Mike's camp (hint, hint), which would put you AT clave
> central and in the midst of some very good Penns Creek fishermen. Regardless,
> I am sure someone will take you in.
>
> As I have said, I can't stay the week. I must be here for Wed/Thurs of that
> week. But, we can figure out how to get you back to Boston later, even if it
> means I have to go down on Friday (fish a couple of days) and bring you back
> onMay 24.
>
> Hope you can make it, Roger. Lots of folks would like to meet you.
>

> Dave
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Lat705
January 7th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I'll give up my room for Roger if he gives me all the specifics on the 2005
Lapland Clave, brings me a tube of Schlot's mustad, and leaves that vile
tasting aquavite at home.

Lou T

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> I'll give up my room for Roger if he gives me all the specifics on the
2005
> Lapland Clave, brings me a tube of Schlot's mustad, and leaves that vile
> tasting aquavite at home.
>
> Lou T

2005 Lapland clave ? Whoa there.......
2005? Are you serious? Shouldn't I be allowed to survive the 2004 clave
first?

/Roger
Feeling the weight of decisions to be made ;-)

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 08:31 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Just sent you a note Dave. Of course we'll find a spot for Roger... Lou
> said he would sacrifice his bedroom if Roger came, right Lou. <g> So
> far, me, joe, lou, warren, mike makela (?), wolfgang (?), Roger. PJ may
> show, but I guess he and wayno will decide their course - neither have
> committed. Waldo says he might come for the weekend only... There's
> plenty of room for the whole crowd in my opinion...and the more the
> merrier. Lou is bringing air mattresses and cots, I think. Roger won't
> need a car at Penns. As you know, folks are very good about sharing
> rides and he'll have no problem.
>
> Looking forward to meeting an honest to god Swede. Do ya think he can
> find similar airfares for us next August? It would be incredible to do
> the Sweden clave for a grand...
>
> Jeff

Jeff, I thank you for your kind offer.
From what you say I can stay in a cabin and will need an air mattress and a
sleeping bag, correct?
Cost?
As far as travelling costs goes, from what I can make of the prices on the
web it seems it is way more expensive to go from the US to Sweden and back
than it is to go in the opposite direction. Can't explain it though, can't
even understand why.

/Roger

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 08:33 AM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> Roger writes:
>
> >If I go from Sweden on May 14 and back from Boston on May 24 the price
will
> >be US$ 545 for the trip (+ Umea-Stockholm-Umea).
> >This would leave May 15 to May 23 free for some fishing. Now then,
> >accomodations........
> >Is there anywhere near the clave central where one could stay? Would I
need
> >a rental car?
> >
> >Anyone?
> >
> >/Roger
> >

> Wow, $545 is a deal. I can deliver you to the clave on May 15. I am
hoping
> that there is room in the North Carolina Cabin - Jeff? I am sure Jeff can
fit
> you in. You shouldn't need a car as the cabin is right on the river,
within
> walking distance of some very nice fishing water. If there is any driving
> do, there will be more than enough vehicles there to give you a ride.
>
> If the North Carolina Cabin is full, perhaps there is a couch in Tom
> Littleton/Handyman Mike's camp (hint, hint), which would put you AT clave
> central and in the midst of some very good Penns Creek fishermen.
Regardless,
> I am sure someone will take you in.
>
> As I have said, I can't stay the week. I must be here for Wed/Thurs of
that
> week. But, we can figure out how to get you back to Boston later, even if
it
> means I have to go down on Friday (fish a couple of days) and bring you
back
> onMay 24.
>
> Hope you can make it, Roger. Lots of folks would like to meet you.
>

> Dave
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

So, I can go to Boston and the rest will be taken care of.
Your hospitality is beyond words, I only hope I can repay you should you be
able to join the Lapland clave.

/Roger

Lat705
January 8th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Roger, if you don't want to trade me the mustard for my position on the room
selection list, I will have a cot, air mattress, and a summerweight (40 F)
,goose-down, sleeping bag for you to use.in the cabin.
Air line fares make no sense, except that it's all based a lot on supply and
demand and not cost per mile. I'm thinking about the Lapland Clave for next
year. Transportation costs are a consideration. The big question will be if
my frequent flier miles can get me to a point that has reasonable (cheap) cost
transportation for the rest of the trip.

Lou T

Dave LaCourse
January 8th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Roger writes:

>So, I can go to Boston and the rest will be taken care of.
>Your hospitality is beyond words, I only hope I can repay you should you be
>able to join the Lapland clave.

No problem. I will go to the clave to see old friends (if they are sober), so
packing you there will be no problem. Getting you *back* may be. d;o) But,
as a last resort, I could drive down on Friday and fish a couple of more days
and bring you back. We'll figure something out.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 01:11 PM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> Roger, if you don't want to trade me the mustard for my position on the
room
> selection list, I will have a cot, air mattress, and a summerweight (40 F)
> ,goose-down, sleeping bag for you to use.in the cabin.
> Air line fares make no sense, except that it's all based a lot on supply
and
> demand and not cost per mile. I'm thinking about the Lapland Clave for
next
> year. Transportation costs are a consideration. The big question will be
if
> my frequent flier miles can get me to a point that has reasonable (cheap)
cost
> transportation for the rest of the trip.
>
> Lou T

Schlot's mustad ????
The closest I can get to something like that is the "Slotts mustard" and
that I can bring you without asking for anything in return.

/Roger

Jeff Miller
January 8th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Roger Ohlund wrote:

> Jeff, I thank you for your kind offer.
> From what you say I can stay in a cabin and will need an air mattress and a
> sleeping bag, correct?

you won't need either. bring your fishing gear and whatever else you
choose to share <g>.

> Cost?

i'll cover your share of the rent. just bring money for your personal
needs and vices...

> As far as travelling costs goes, from what I can make of the prices on the
> web it seems it is way more expensive to go from the US to Sweden and back
> than it is to go in the opposite direction. Can't explain it though, can't
> even understand why.

hmmm... ther's gotta be a way to overcome this. need a cipherin wiz to
help... but, ok... louie...you fly over to sweden... buy a ticket with
the return date to sweden for august... nah, there's a flaw... damn...
there's gotta be a way...

jeff

Jeff Miller
January 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM
ah...i know somebody has got frequent flyer miles they can "lend" me...
i'll gladly reimburse you on the second tuesday of the week following my
return... <g>

Lat705 wrote:

> Transportation costs are a consideration. The big question will be if
> my frequent flier miles can get me to a point that has reasonable (cheap) cost
> transportation for the rest of the trip.
>
> Lou T

Dave LaCourse
January 8th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Jeff writes:

> Jeff, I thank you for your kind offer.
>> From what you say I can stay in a cabin and will need an air mattress and a
>> sleeping bag, correct?
>
>you won't need either. bring your fishing gear and whatever else you
>choose to share <g>.
>
>> Cost?
>
>i'll cover your share of the rent. just bring money for your personal
>needs and vices...

Translating North Cacklackian for you, Roger, he is saying, "The cabin is
already paid for. Bring money to buy lots of beer and a few bucks to go to the
titty-bar."

>> As far as travelling costs goes, from what I can make of the prices on the
>> web it seems it is way more expensive to go from the US to Sweden and back
>> than it is to go in the opposite direction. Can't explain it though, can't
>> even understand why.
>
>hmmm... ther's gotta be a way to overcome this. need a cipherin wiz to
>help... but, ok... louie...you fly over to sweden... buy a ticket with
>the return date to sweden for august... nah, there's a flaw... damn...
>there's gotta be a way...

Oh, there's a way, all right. And it says $1100, Yanqui.

For Roger: You license will cost about $30, and figure on another $30 or 40
for food at the cabin. Also, consider that I will take you to the Feathered
Hook Fly Shop and Noah, the owner, will get a few bucks out of you. Plus a
couple of bucks at the Milheim for lobster night, and a couple of more for the
annual bash at the Sportsmens' Club. Gonna be another cheap Penns Clave. Oh,
almost forgot... if there is a raffle, ya gotta bring something (worth ~ $10),
but you could pick up something at the fly shop.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Tim J.
January 8th, 2004, 03:45 PM
"Dave LaCourse" wrote...
<snip>
> Also, consider that I will take you to the Feathered
> Hook Fly Shop and Noah, the owner, will get a few bucks out of you.

Noah was the dude that built the ark. Jonah was the inside-the-whale dude. Jonas
is the fly shop owner dude.

And for goodness sake, Roger, DON'T fall for that "Go ahead, we'll meet you at
the Feathered Hook in five minutes" trick that Frank and Dano (hey, where is
Dano?) play. Jonas will get more than just a few bucks if you do. ;-)
--
HTH,
Tim

Frank Reid
January 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM
> And for goodness sake, Roger, DON'T fall for that "Go ahead, we'll meet
you at
> the Feathered Hook in five minutes" trick that Frank and Dano (hey, where
is
> Dano?) play. Jonas will get more than just a few bucks if you do. ;-)

Haven't heard from Dano in a while. By the way, the best way to handle
Jonah is to open the door of the fly shop, throw in your wallet and walk
away.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Dave LaCourse
January 8th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Tim J writes:

>"Dave LaCourse" wrote...
><snip>
>> Also, consider that I will take you to the Feathered
>> Hook Fly Shop and Noah, the owner, will get a few bucks out of you.
>
>Noah was the dude that built the ark. Jonah was the inside-the-whale dude.
>Jonas
>is the fly shop owner dude.
>
>And for goodness sake, Roger, DON'T fall for that "Go ahead, we'll meet you
>at
>the Feathered Hook in five minutes" trick that Frank and Dano (hey, where is
>Dano?) play. Jonas will get more than just a few bucks if you do. ;-)

Duhhhh! Yeah what you said.
d;o)

Lat705
January 8th, 2004, 05:26 PM
>The closest I can get to something like that is the "Slotts mustard"

That's the stuff; the everyday houshold variety that tastes great. Sorry my
Swedish is limited to knowing that Karl's Coga means Carl's Woods.

Lou T

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 07:55 PM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> >The closest I can get to something like that is the "Slotts mustard"
>
> That's the stuff; the everyday houshold variety that tastes great. Sorry
my
> Swedish is limited to knowing that Karl's Coga means Carl's Woods.

"Karlskoga" and yes Carl's Woods ;-). Anyway consider the mustard to be on
its way.
Tickets have been ordered and as long as nothing goes wrong with myself
and/or my kids I'll be on my way.

/Roger
(Skog = Woods)

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message

> For Roger: You license will cost about $30, and figure on another $30 or
40
> for food at the cabin. Also, consider that I will take you to the
Feathered
> Hook Fly Shop and Noah, the owner, will get a few bucks out of you. Plus
> couple of bucks at the Milheim for lobster night, and a couple of more for
the
> annual bash at the Sportsmens' Club. Gonna be another cheap Penns Clave.
Oh,
> almost forgot... if there is a raffle, ya gotta bring something (worth ~
$10),
> but you could pick up something at the fly shop.
>
> Dave

For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?

/Roger

Wolfgang
January 8th, 2004, 08:03 PM
"Roger Ohlund" > wrote in message

> "Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> >
> > For Roger: You license will cost about $30, and figure on another
$30 or
> 40
> > for food at the cabin. Also, consider that I will take you to the
> Feathered
> > Hook Fly Shop and Noah, the owner, will get a few bucks out of
you. Plus
> > couple of bucks at the Milheim for lobster night, and a couple of
more for
> the
> > annual bash at the Sportsmens' Club. Gonna be another cheap Penns
Clave.
> Oh,
> > almost forgot... if there is a raffle, ya gotta bring something
(worth ~
> $10),
> > but you could pick up something at the fly shop.
> >
> > Dave
>
> For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
> Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?

Hm.......better bring $20,000......and meet me behind the bus
stop.....away from the lights......there are people we gotta watch out
for. :(

Wolfgang
and beer.....bring beer.

Lat705
January 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Roger
If you plan to tie, I can bring an extra vise to save you carring the weight.
What do you prefer, Regal, Renzetti Traveler, Thompson A, or some $50 Danish
vise, whose name I can't recall?

Lou T

Frank Reid
January 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM
> or some $50 Danish
> vise, whose name I can't recall?

Which is the best of the lot.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Dave LaCourse
January 8th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Roger writes:

>For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.

That would be great.

>Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?

Yeah, I think so. Unless, of course, you fall in love with a fly rod at the
Feathered Hook. But, if that happens, there are a couple of heavy hitters
(Jeff and Wayno) attending that would loan you anything you need. d;o)

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 09:04 PM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> Roger
> If you plan to tie, I can bring an extra vise to save you carring the
weight.
> What do you prefer, Regal, Renzetti Traveler, Thompson A, or some $50
Danish
> vise, whose name I can't recall?

If I want to tie.....be sure to stop me before embarrassing anyone with my
complete lack of skills.
If someone else wants to tie, I can always describe some favorite Swedish
patterns.

/Roger
Ticket is booked and confirmed.

Roger Ohlund
January 8th, 2004, 09:06 PM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> Roger writes:
>
> >For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
>
> That would be great.
>

> >Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?
>
> Yeah, I think so. Unless, of course, you fall in love with a fly rod at
the
> Feathered Hook. But, if that happens, there are a couple of heavy hitters
> (Jeff and Wayno) attending that would loan you anything you need. d;o)

Having 12 different fly rods and knowing that I'd most likely fall in love
with another one I will do what I can to restrain myself.

/Roger

Wayne Harrison
January 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Dave LaCourse wrote

, there are a couple of heavy hitters
>(Jeff and Wayno) attending that would loan you anything you need. d;o)

"...in the final analysis, sir, have you no decency? have you no
decency at all?"

originally asked of joe mccarthy at his infamous senate hearings, but even
more appropriate in this context. :(

yfitons
wayno

Dave LaCourse
January 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
wayno writes:

>originally asked of joe mccarthy at his infamous senate hearings, but even
>more appropriate in this context. :(

BTW, are you going to Penns? PJ?
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Wayne Harrison
January 8th, 2004, 10:16 PM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> wayno writes:
>
> >originally asked of joe mccarthy at his infamous senate hearings, but
even
> >more appropriate in this context. :(
> >

> BTW, are you going to Penns? PJ?
> Dave

iffy. weather driven. also, i might just go up for camaraderie, and
find some little freestoners to fish.

yfitons
wayno

Lat705
January 9th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Only 12??

Lou T

Roger Ohlund
January 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> Only 12??
>
> Lou T

I try to keep the number down by occasionally selling off some old ones.

/Roger

Jeff Miller
January 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Roger Ohlund wrote:

> For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
> Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?

um...do you play hearts or poker? <g>

Dave LaCourse
January 9th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Jeff Miller writes:

>Roger Ohlund wrote:
>

>> For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
>> Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?
>>

>um...do you play hearts or poker? <g>

Ummmm, Roger, pick Hearts. I've seen Jeffie play Hearts. You'll be able to
change your ticket to First Class on your return trip. <G>

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Joe McIntosh
January 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
"Roger Ohlund" > wrote in message
Looking forward to meeting you at Penn's Roger. And if you want to bring
along one of those reportely wild women from your country perhaps we could
arrange a raffle to pay for her ticket.. I have the big bed room at the
clave. Indian Joe

Lat705
January 9th, 2004, 03:20 PM
A rule of life: Never play poker with some one who says he's never played
poker before.

Jeff Miller
January 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM
now dave...as you should have surmised, given my pure and eleemosynary
nature, i'm simply trying to protect our swede from grievous injury to
his krona should you and wayno strike up another game of hearts... and
what made you think it was roger's choice? as you know, i was and am a
novice hearts player, brutally victimized by you cardiac boyz. i'd never
play hearts with the lad... but, um a simple game, like showdown
poker... well, then, maybe i'd stand a chance even with you heartless
vultures at the table. <g>

jeff

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> Jeff Miller writes:
>

>>Roger Ohlund wrote:
>>

>>>For the raffle I'll bring something from Sweden.
>>>Another US$ 500 in my pocket and I should be OK?
>>>

>>um...do you play hearts or poker? <g>
>

> Ummmm, Roger, pick Hearts. I've seen Jeffie play Hearts. You'll be able to
> change your ticket to First Class on your return trip. <G>
>

> Dave
>
> http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Wolfgang
January 11th, 2004, 05:53 AM
"Wayne Harrison" > wrote in message
r.com...

> ...find some little freestoners to fish.

I'm in.

Wolfgang