PDA

View Full Version : fly lines

gary
January 8th, 2004, 03:49 AM
The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
ever purchased one? How did it work out?

Bill Kiene
January 8th, 2004, 06:32 AM
You might try one if it is under $20?

The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.

In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into your
fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"gary" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
> ever purchased one? How did it work out?

gary
January 8th, 2004, 03:21 PM
These are $8.50 and state to be made for a brand name, but without the name
of course. For that money I might take a chance. I have purchases other
items as seconds and been perfectly statisfied.

"Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
. ..
> You might try one if it is under $20?
>
> The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.
>
> In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into
your
> fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.
>
> --
> Bill Kiene
>
> Kiene's Fly Shop
> Sacramento, CA, USA
> www.kiene.com
>
> "gary" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> > The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
> > ever purchased one? How did it work out?

Ken Fortenberry
January 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
gary wrote:

> The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
> ever purchased one? How did it work out?

I don't know about "seconds", but I bought a thing called a "mill end"
from Norris of Penrith once and it was total crap.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Bill Kiene
January 8th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Gary,

For that little I would give it a try. Give us a report some day.

Years ago one of the line company Reps said the packaging cost them more
than it did to produce the fly line.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

"gary" > wrote in message
. net...

> These are $8.50 and state to be made for a brand name, but without the
name
> of course. For that money I might take a chance. I have purchases other
> items as seconds and been perfectly statisfied.
>

> "Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > You might try one if it is under $20?
> >
> > The most expensive floating trout size fly line is only ~$55US.
> >
> > In most books on fly fishing they recommend you put the most money into
> your
> > fly line, then the rod and lastly the reel.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Kiene
> >
> > Kiene's Fly Shop
> > Sacramento, CA, USA
> > www.kiene.com
> >
> > "gary" > wrote in message
> > hlink.net...
> > > The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any
one
> > > ever purchased one? How did it work out?

Sierra fisher
January 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
The few seconds that I have seen did not have an even coat of plastic or pvc
on the core. sometimes this was only a half an inch or so, and on some,
the flaw was on the running line. If you get one with a good head, it would
definitely be worth the price

"gary" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> The other day I found a place that sold fly line "seconds" has any one
> ever purchased one? How did it work out?

---