PDA

View Full Version : Back Pain revisited; a survey.

riverman
January 15th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Just on a weird hunch, it seems like there have been several initial and
sympathetic posts about slipped disks, degenerate disks, muscle spasms, etc
as of late. I'm wondering if there is any sort of seasonal element to this,
so just for ****zengrins, can I get some posts from folks who fall into
either of these categories (no pun intended):

A) Currently experiencing back pain, with a history of recurrent pain.
B) Currently experiencing back pain from a trauma (like a 3/4 Reid with a
half twist), but who don't have a history of back troubles.
C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.

Just for the record, put me in category A, as of Sunday afternoon. Damn, I
really HATE it when my back is out. :-(

--riverman

PS. And to hell with you lucky guys in category D: Never had it, don't now.

Ken Fortenberry
January 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
riverman wrote:
> C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.

I've a history of lower back pain since junior high. Not coincidentally
that's when I started training to run in competition. The "cure" is
simple enough, but somewhat time consuming. If I want to run any
distance at all I have to maintain strong abdominal muscles and I have
to stretch both piriformis muscles COMPLETELY before a run. It took
me many years and many VERY good pills ;-) to figure out what a
piriformis muscle is, but now that I know the only time I get back
pain is when I don't stretch them well.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Roger Ohlund
January 15th, 2004, 02:34 PM
"riverman" > wrote in message
> Just on a weird hunch, it seems like there have been several initial and
> sympathetic posts about slipped disks, degenerate disks, muscle spasms,
etc
> as of late. I'm wondering if there is any sort of seasonal element to
this,
> so just for ****zengrins, can I get some posts from folks who fall into
> either of these categories (no pun intended):
>
> A) Currently experiencing back pain, with a history of recurrent pain.
> B) Currently experiencing back pain from a trauma (like a 3/4 Reid with a
> half twist), but who don't have a history of back troubles.
> C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.
>
> Just for the record, put me in category A, as of Sunday afternoon. Damn, I
> really HATE it when my back is out. :-(
>
> --riverman
>
> PS. And to hell with you lucky guys in category D: Never had it, don't
now.

Put me in group D) Not experiencing back pain currently and with no history
of back troubles.

/Roger
Knock on wood...........

Tim J.
January 15th, 2004, 03:40 PM
"riverman" wrote...

> A) Currently experiencing back pain, with a history of recurrent pain.
--
TL,
Tim
------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Francis Reid
January 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
> > A) Currently experiencing pain in my backside, with a history of recurrent fortenberry.

Frank Reid

slenon
January 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Place me in group A. Chronic, severe pain related to injuries and
subsequent surgeries at multiple levels (L4-L5) (C4-C5-C6-C7)

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Charlie Choc
January 15th, 2004, 04:04 PM
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:47:14 -0500, Francis Reid >
wrote:

>> > A) Currently experiencing pain in my backside, with a history of recurrent fortenberry.
>
>Frank Reid

Have you tried Preparation F?
--
Charlie...

Francis Reid
January 15th, 2004, 04:07 PM

> >Frank Reid
>
> Have you tried Preparation F?

Is that like Gink?
Frank Reid

Charlie Choc
January 15th, 2004, 04:10 PM
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:07:35 -0500, Francis Reid >
wrote:

>> >Frank Reid
>>
>> Have you tried Preparation F?
>
>Is that like Gink?

Pretty much, but it's supposed to shrink fortenberries without surgery
whereas Gink just makes them puff up with gas. <g>
--
Charlie...

Wayne Harrison
January 15th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Charlie Choc wrote in message ...

>>Frank Reid
>
>Have you tried Preparation F?
>--
>Charlie...

hilarious; and certain to evoke a "**** you choc"... :)

yfitons
wayno

Charlie Wilson
January 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
> C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.

I seem to have found THE exercise that works, in my particular case.

daytripper
January 15th, 2004, 07:24 PM
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:26:51 +0100, "riverman" > wrote:

>Just on a weird hunch, it seems like there have been several initial and
>sympathetic posts about slipped disks, degenerate disks, muscle spasms, etc
>as of late. I'm wondering if there is any sort of seasonal element to this,
>so just for ****zengrins, can I get some posts from folks who fall into
>either of these categories (no pun intended):
>
>A) Currently experiencing back pain, with a history of recurrent pain.
>B) Currently experiencing back pain from a trauma (like a 3/4 Reid with a
>half twist), but who don't have a history of back troubles.
>C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.
>
>Just for the record, put me in category A, as of Sunday afternoon. Damn, I
>really HATE it when my back is out. :-(
>
>--riverman
>
>PS. And to hell with you lucky guys in category D: Never had it, don't now.

C - and a long history it is, going back to the age of 7 when I was neatly
picked off my bicycle and slammed through the windshield of a VW Bug.

After 44 years of pharmaceuticals and myriad PT plans that failed, three
surgeries later I have zero back pain and complete freedom of movement. I'm
not jumping out of airplanes any more but I get around just fine for an aging
fart.

The anniversary of my first pain-free year was June 4, 2003.
I'm looking forward to my second.

/daytripper (It is a marvel, and my surgeon is a God.)

BJ Conner
January 15th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I'm A "D".
Once long ago I has spasms that were probably due to loading
cantilopes in boxcars. Couldn't afford a doctor, so just used somekind
of horse lentiment and kept going. If I could have afforded Rushes
doctor I could have made it as a chikenhawk.
I have read that the best back maintence program is the missionary
postion practiced as offen as possible.

"riverman" > wrote in message >...
> Just on a weird hunch, it seems like there have been several initial and
> sympathetic posts about slipped disks, degenerate disks, muscle spasms, etc
> as of late. I'm wondering if there is any sort of seasonal element to this,
> so just for ****zengrins, can I get some posts from folks who fall into
> either of these categories (no pun intended):
>
> A) Currently experiencing back pain, with a history of recurrent pain.
> B) Currently experiencing back pain from a trauma (like a 3/4 Reid with a
> half twist), but who don't have a history of back troubles.
> C) Not experiencing back pain currently, but with a history of it.
>
> Just for the record, put me in category A, as of Sunday afternoon. Damn, I
> really HATE it when my back is out. :-(
>
> --riverman
>
> PS. And to hell with you lucky guys in category D: Never had it, don't now.

Svend Tang-Petersen
January 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
My story is basically the same. Got rejected at the draft due to a back
problem. The doctor was asking
if I wasnt experiencing lower back pain, which I never did until he asked
me. I was a fairly active runner
and triathlete for more than 15 years after that without problems and my
doctor said that the extra weight training that we did was compensating.

Most doctors claim that doing what you describe is one of the best ways to
reduce backpain in general.

Mike Connor
January 15th, 2004, 10:06 PM
"riverman" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Category C, after years of severe and recurring pain due to two slipped
discs. Since I have been specifically training my abdominal muscles daily,
I have no more pain. I wish I had done it years ago.

TL
MC