PDA

View Full Version : Fly Shop Kudos

rb608
January 18th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Trying to get in an on topic post from time to time, I'll post some praise
for a recent fly shop experience.

I needed a little bit of new material for my swap flies (the Murray's
Strymph). For the sake of good karma, I tried to order the stuff from Harry
Murray's shop, via their website. Unfortunately, I couldn't find exactly
waht I wanted on their site, so I called the shop personally and spoke
directly to Harry. Harry gave me the info I needed & put his order person
on the line.

I chatted with the nice woman on the other end & placed the order. She said
she'd probably get it out that afternoon. The next morning (yesterday),
less than 24 hours later, the box arrives at my gate. Damned amazing.
Kudos to Murray's Fly Shop.

Joe F.

Wayne
January 18th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I have to say their service is amazing. Each time I have delt with them,
they have been excellent. I have only ordered a couple of times from them
but each time was a pleasure. The young ladies in the shop (pharmacy) at
first glance, do not look like they would know anything about fly fishing.
They are not only knowledgable, but give excellent directions and
recommendations for spots to fish locally. The only shop I have ever been
in with better service belongs to Wally. Harry is good but he never took me
fishing!
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"rb608" > wrote in message
> Trying to get in an on topic post from time to time, I'll post some praise
> for a recent fly shop experience.
>
> I needed a little bit of new material for my swap flies (the Murray's
> Strymph). For the sake of good karma, I tried to order the stuff from
Harry
> Murray's shop, via their website. Unfortunately, I couldn't find exactly
> waht I wanted on their site, so I called the shop personally and spoke
> directly to Harry. Harry gave me the info I needed & put his order person
> on the line.
>
> I chatted with the nice woman on the other end & placed the order. She
said
> she'd probably get it out that afternoon. The next morning (yesterday),
> less than 24 hours later, the box arrives at my gate. Damned amazing.
> Kudos to Murray's Fly Shop.
>
> Joe F.

a-happy-up-yours
January 18th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Wayne wrote:

.....snip............
The only shop I have ever been
> in with better service belongs to Wally. Harry is good but he never took me
> fishing!

Or drank your last beer with absolutely no remorse.

Walt did say thanks, though.......months later.

Tom

walt winter
January 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
a-happy-up-yours wrote:
> Wayne wrote:
>
> ....snip............
> The only shop I have ever been
>
>> in with better service belongs to Wally. Harry is good but he never
>> took me
>> fishing!
>

> Or drank your last beer with absolutely no remorse.

they are tremendously enjoyable consumed in that fashion. ;-)

> Walt did say thanks, though.......months later.

aww c'mon, let's be honest here tom, i did give a hearty
gratuitous belch.

thanks for the words guys..... one of the problems i'm running
into as a shop owner is satisfying the promises i've made. it's
real cool and nice to say... "let's go fishin' sometime" to the
customers (and now friends) that come in and support the shop.
unfortunately it is hard to make the time to live up to the
promises made to everyone.... i'll do my damndest to do so, but
it's gonna take some time. i guess a guy could have worse problems.

wally
come on by, i'll take ya fishin' ;-)
http://www.ezflyfish.com

Mike
January 18th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Uncle Wally
What ya need to do is put a poster on the front of the shop stating; to
all i promised to take fishing meet here on a certain time and date and we will
go off to that famous honey hole i told ya about that way ya only need to take
off a day or two....and you have some happy customers and a mini-glave at the
same time..............

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Wayne
January 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Funny. Wally always brought the beer when I went along. He supplied all
the beer I could drink, brought sandwiches for a picnic lunch (he even
carried them until lunchtime), and he bought me a fine steak dinner in the
evening! He supplied the flys and even offered to carry my rod if I got
tired.
SO, what is it about you Tom?? :-D
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"a-happy-up-yours" > wrote in
message ink.net...
> Wayne wrote:
>
> ....snip............
> The only shop I have ever been
> > in with better service belongs to Wally. Harry is good but he never
took me
> > fishing!
>
> Or drank your last beer with absolutely no remorse.
>
> Walt did say thanks, though.......months later.
>

> Tom

a-happy-up-yours
January 18th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Wayne wrote:
> Funny. Wally always brought the beer when I went along. He supplied all
> the beer I could drink, brought sandwiches for a picnic lunch (he even
> carried them until lunchtime), and he bought me a fine steak dinner in the
> evening! He supplied the flys and even offered to carry my rod if I got
> tired.
> SO, what is it about you Tom?? :-D

I dunno. Meanness and old age?

walt winter
January 18th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Mike wrote:
> Uncle Wally
> What ya need to do is put a poster on the front of the shop stating; to
> all i promised to take fishing meet here on a certain time and date and we will
> go off to that famous honey hole i told ya about that way ya only need to take
> off a day or two....and you have some happy customers and a mini-glave at the
> same time..............
>

> Handyman Mike
> Standing in a river waving a stick

good idea mike....

wally

walt winter
January 18th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Wayne wrote:
> Funny. Wally always brought the beer when I went along. He supplied all
> the beer I could drink, brought sandwiches for a picnic lunch (he even
> carried them until lunchtime), and he bought me a fine steak dinner in the
> evening! He supplied the flys and even offered to carry my rod if I got
> tired.
> SO, what is it about you Tom?? :-D

oh ****.

wally

walt winter
January 18th, 2004, 09:51 PM
a-happy-up-yours wrote:
> Wayne wrote:
>
>> Funny. Wally always brought the beer when I went along. He supplied all
>> the beer I could drink, brought sandwiches for a picnic lunch (he even
>> carried them until lunchtime), and he bought me a fine steak dinner in
>> the
>> evening! He supplied the flys and even offered to carry my rod if I got
>> tired.
>> SO, what is it about you Tom?? :-D
>

> I dunno. Meanness and old age?

ahh, yer just a 'lil pussycat tom. now that jeffie, he's a mean 'un.

wally