PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FF lessons for women

Steve L
January 19th, 2004, 11:40 PM
My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for women
taught by women.
I know about the Orvis-BQA course but Colorado is too far. Looking for
something in the Northeast US.
Any suggestions?

Steve

Charlie Choc
January 19th, 2004, 11:44 PM
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:40:34 GMT, "Steve L"
> wrote:

>Any suggestions?

See if there is a women's fly fishing club in your area and ask them
for suggestions. Here's a list of some:
http://www.womensflyfishing.net/clubs.htm
--
Charlie...

Frank Reid
January 19th, 2004, 11:49 PM
> My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for
women
> taught by women.
> I know about the Orvis-BQA course but Colorado is too far. Looking for
> something in the Northeast US.
> Any suggestions?

http://www.royalwulff.com/schools.html

Joan is actively involved in all of her classes. You might want to give
them a call.
Frank Reid

Dave LaCourse
January 19th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Steve L writes:

>My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for women
>taught by women.
>I know about the Orvis-BQA course but Colorado is too far. Looking for
>something in the Northeast US.
>Any suggestions?

Lakewood Camps at Middle Dam in Maine has been hosting a female FF school for a
couple of years. Their website is:
http://www.lakewoodcamps.com/

You could call them at their winter number and see if they plan another women
only school (and taught by women). The school includes going to the river and
using the learned skill. Great water for big brook trout and landlocked
salmon.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Mike Connor
January 19th, 2004, 11:52 PM
"Steve L" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for
women
> taught by women.
> I know about the Orvis-BQA course but Colorado is too far. Looking for
> something in the Northeast US.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Steve

http://www.magma.ca/~rcrowder/raven_flyfishing.htm

TL
MC

rw
January 20th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Steve L wrote:
> My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for women
> taught by women.

This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
by women? :-)

Wolfgang
January 20th, 2004, 01:13 AM
"rw" > wrote in message
m...
> Steve L wrote:
> > My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for
women
> > taught by women.
>
> This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
> by women? :-)

Whatta ****ing putz.

Wolfgang
how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught by
teenaged girls? :)

Frank Reid
January 20th, 2004, 01:26 AM
> > My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for
women
> > taught by women.
>
> This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
> by women? :-)

Another business op for Hooters. I think the wind knots could get real
ugly.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Ken Fortenberry
January 20th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Frank Reid wrote:

> Another business op for Hooters. ...

It's all about the boobs with you, isn't it ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

George Adams
January 20th, 2004, 03:15 AM
>From: "Steve L"

>My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for women
>taught by women.

>Looking for
>something in the Northeast US.
>Any suggestions?

If individual instruction is OK, try www.marlablair.com.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Tim J.
January 20th, 2004, 03:25 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> Frank Reid wrote:
> >
> > Another business op for Hooters. ...
>
> It's all about the boobs with you, isn't it ?

I think it reminds him of SOSpenders.
--
TL,
Tim

Stan Gula
January 20th, 2004, 03:30 AM
"George Adams" > wrote in message
> >From: "Steve L"
>

> >My buddy and I want to send our wives to a FF school with a course for
women
> >taught by women.
>
> >Looking for
> >something in the Northeast US.
> >Any suggestions?
>
> If individual instruction is OK, try www.marlablair.com.
>

> George Adams

If Western Mass/CT is a good location for you, I'll second that. Marla is
really good. She does group lessons too.

Larry
January 20th, 2004, 04:45 AM
> Any suggestions?

Sounds like a good trade to me!

Larry =)

Warren
January 20th, 2004, 06:30 AM
wrote...

> This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
> by women? :-)

Sounds like a good chance to get laid..... Sign me up!
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
January 20th, 2004, 06:31 AM
wrote...
> Frank Reid wrote:
> >
> > Another business op for Hooters. ...
>
> It's all about the boobs with you, isn't it ?

Well, it would take a boob to know one......

--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Frank Reid
January 20th, 2004, 10:48 AM
> > Another business op for Hooters. ...
>
> It's all about the boobs with you, isn't it ?

That and the color orange in combination can be mezmorizing. So, in a word,
yes.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

riverman
January 20th, 2004, 01:57 PM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> > This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
> > by women? :-)
>
> how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught by
> teenaged girls? :)

And these are BAD things..?

--riverman
hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(

Wolfgang
January 20th, 2004, 11:04 PM
"riverman" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>
> > > This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men
taught
> > > by women? :-)
> >
> > how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught
by
> > teenaged girls? :)
> >

> And these are BAD things..?

Not necessarily.....if you remember that they've got faces.....and names.
:)

> --riverman
> hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(

Well ****, o.k., send the check. I'll see what I can do.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 20th, 2004, 11:10 PM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message

> >> how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught
by
> >> teenaged girls? :)
> >>

> >And these are BAD things..?
> >
> >--riverman
> >hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(
> >

> Hey riverman, I see over on rec.paddling you're thinking of spending time
> on the rivers in the east, far north and west this summer. You should
> consider coming through Cheeseland and letting some us locals take you
> fishing.

.....from a kayak.....on the Presque Isle.....hee, hee, hee. :)

Wolfgang

George Cleveland
January 20th, 2004, 11:23 PM
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:57:19 +0100, "riverman" > wrote:

>"Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>
>> > This cracks me up. It's so sexist. How about a FF school for men taught
>> > by women? :-)
>>
>> how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught by
>> teenaged girls? :)
>>

>And these are BAD things..?
>
>--riverman
>hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(

Hey riverman, I see over on rec.paddling you're thinking of spending time
on the rivers in the east, far north and west this summer. You should
consider coming through Cheeseland and letting some us locals take you
fishing.

g.c.

riverman
January 21st, 2004, 08:22 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> taught
> > >
> > > how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught
> by
> > > teenaged girls? :)
> > >

> > And these are BAD things..?
>
> Not necessarily.....if you remember that they've got faces.....and names.
> :)

Yeah. And OTHER things, too... :-) :-) :-)

> > --riverman
> > hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(
>
> Well ****, o.k., send the check. I'll see what I can do.

Its in the male.

--riverman

riverman
January 21st, 2004, 08:23 AM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message

> >> how about a ff school for self loathing middle-aged dilettantes taught
by
> >> teenaged girls? :)
> >>

> >And these are BAD things..?
> >
> >--riverman
> >hell, I had my checkbook out already. :-(
> >

> Hey riverman, I see over on rec.paddling you're thinking of spending time
> on the rivers in the east, far north and west this summer. You should
> consider coming through Cheeseland and letting some us locals take you
> fishing.

Thanks, g.c. My travel plans involve coming across the top half, so I'd be
way happy to cast a line with you guys. I'll stay in touch as the time
approaches. :-)

--riverman

Fred F.
January 22nd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Steve,

I would highly recommend Sheila M. Hassan. I have been fly fishing for
over 25 years and recently took a casting lesson with her and she was
outstanding. She will be teaching at Joan Wulff's school this year and
also has seminars and lessons geared towards women in the S.E
Massachusetts area.

http://www.cast90.com/

Good luck

Fred