PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo FlyRod Maker query

Jimmy Gee
January 19th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Anyone out there familiar with the work/quality of Bamboo flyrod maker Charles
Irvine of Owens River Rods in Bishop California?? I've checked out his
website and plan to contact him next time I pass through Bishop. What I'm
looking for is references/recommendations good, bad and indifferent. Thanks.
Jim

Frank Church
January 20th, 2004, 12:29 AM
(Jimmy Gee) wrote in
:

> Anyone out there familiar with the work/quality of Bamboo flyrod maker
> Charles Irvine of Owens River Rods in Bishop California?? I've
> checked out his website and plan to contact him next time I pass
> through Bishop. What I'm looking for is references/recommendations
> good, bad and indifferent. Thanks. Jim

Don't know diddly about this guy, but here's a place to start looking for
info on him: http://members.clnk.com/caneman/images/flystuff/rodlinks.htm
and this one will no doubt lead to more. HTH

Frank Church
...who just bought a South Bend boo off Ebay...damn this stuff could be
habit forming :)

Frank Reid
January 20th, 2004, 01:29 AM
> Anyone out there familiar with the work/quality of Bamboo flyrod maker
Charles
> Irvine of Owens River Rods in Bishop California?? I've checked out his
> website and plan to contact him next time I pass through Bishop. What I'm
> looking for is references/recommendations good, bad and indifferent.
Thanks.
> Jim

Check with the local fly shops in Bishop. There are about four. They might
have something for you. Have you cast one of his rods? Boo is to important
an investment to buy a pig in a poke. Not only cast, but try to fish a few.
If he's in Bishop, you could fish the Owens with him and try out some.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply