PDA

View Full Version : ping snakefiddler

Wayne Harrison
January 21st, 2004, 02:06 AM

Jeff Miller
January 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
hmmm... 9 pm, tuesday, about 4 see-throughs...

uh, snakefiddler, my humble suggestion ...RUN!!!

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Wayne Harrison
January 21st, 2004, 02:16 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> hmmm... 9 pm, tuesday, about 4 see-throughs...

four? *four*! you take me for a little girl, or somethin?

yfitp
wayno

Jeff Miller
January 22nd, 2004, 12:47 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
>
>>hmmm... 9 pm, tuesday, about 4 see-throughs...
>

> four? *four*! you take me for a little girl, or somethin?

well...you know the company i keep. some of that genteel understatement
must've rubbed off. sorry. ...but, all things considered, we wouldn't
want to terrify the slithering fiddler at this early stage, would we?

jeff

Wolfgang
January 22nd, 2004, 01:18 AM

> Wayne Harrison wrote:
> > "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> >
> >>hmmm... 9 pm, tuesday, about 4 see-throughs...
> >

> > four? *four*! you take me for a little girl, or somethin?
> >

> well...you know the company i keep. some of that genteel understatement
> must've rubbed off. sorry. ...but, all things considered, we wouldn't
> want to terrify the slithering fiddler at this early stage, would we?

Yeah, poor frail thing. :(

Wolfgang
who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
:)

SnakeFiddler
January 22nd, 2004, 01:27 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> >

> > Wayne Harrison wrote:
> > > "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message

> > > four? *four*! you take me for a little girl, or somethin?
> > >

> > well...you know the company i keep. some of that genteel understatement
> > must've rubbed off. sorry. ...but, all things considered, we wouldn't
> > want to terrify the slithering fiddler at this early stage, would we?
>
> Yeah, poor frail thing. :(
>
> Wolfgang
> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.> :)

LOL :))
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Wolfgang

Snake- hey what's my cut?

rw
January 22nd, 2004, 01:30 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
> :)

If she can whup my ass, she can DEFINITELY whup Fortenberry's ass. :-)

Ken Fortenberry
January 22nd, 2004, 01:32 AM
rw wrote:
> Wolfgang wrote:
>>
>> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
>> :)
>
> If she can whup my ass, she can DEFINITELY whup Fortenberry's ass. :-)

Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

SnakeFiddler
January 22nd, 2004, 01:33 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> rw wrote:
> > Wolfgang wrote:
> >>
> >> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
> >> :)
> >
> > If she can whup my ass, she can DEFINITELY whup Fortenberry's ass. :-)
>
> Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry
>

>>Ken Fortenberry Wrote:
>>Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her? ;-)

no, but it would be the easy way- but then considering that your other
tactics have been unsuccessful, that may be your only hope.........

Snake- you better hope i don't turn up dead!

rw
January 22nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> rw wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang wrote:
>>

>>> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
>>> :)
>>

>> If she can whup my ass, she can DEFINITELY whup Fortenberry's ass. :-)
>

> Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)

It might even be the humane thing to do.

Warren
January 22nd, 2004, 05:55 AM
wrote...
> > Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)
>
> It might even be the humane thing to do.

Forty and RW conversing without attacking each other? WTF did I
miss?
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Wolfgang
January 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
"Warren" > wrote in message
> wrote...
> > > Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)
> >
> > It might even be the humane thing to do.
>
> Forty and RW conversing without attacking each other? WTF did I
> miss?

The boat.

Wolfgang

Jeff Miller
January 22nd, 2004, 01:36 PM
Wolfgang wrote:

> Yeah, poor frail thing. :(
>
> Wolfgang
> who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
> :)

yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs? plus, you do know
who his "second" is, don't you? pity the poor waif...

jeff

Ken Fortenberry
January 22nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
rw wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>> rw wrote:
>>>
>>> If she can whup my ass, she can DEFINITELY whup Fortenberry's ass. :-)
>>
>> Would it be ungentlemanly to just shoot her ? ;-)
>
> It might even be the humane thing to do.

Well, to hell with that then. Back to cudgels and clue bats.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Kevin Vang
January 22nd, 2004, 04:03 PM
In article <kmQPb.6229$_H5.4945@lakeread06>,
says...

> yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?

OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?

Kevin,
inquiring minds, and all that.

Stan Gula
January 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
"Kevin Vang" > wrote in message

> > yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> > tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?
>

> OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?

Vodka.

riverman
January 22nd, 2004, 04:44 PM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> "Kevin Vang" > wrote in message
> >
> > > yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> > > tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?
> >

> > OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
> >

> Vodka.

That makes more sense than what I was thinking....

--riverman
(who sometimes can see through a brick wall. But not often...)

(...enough)

Charlie Wilson
January 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
"Kevin Vang" > wrote in message
> In article <kmQPb.6229$_H5.4945@lakeread06>,
> says...
>
> > yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> > tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?
>

> OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?

Them's the underdrawers I save for "special occasions".

Ken Fortenberry
January 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Charlie Wilson wrote:
> "Kevin Vang wrote:
>>
>>OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
>

> Them's the underdrawers I save for "special occasions".

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCK !!!!

WAY, WAY too much information.

--
Ken Fortenberry- how in the hell do I erase THAT mental image ;-(

riverman
January 22nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:25:27 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> > wrote:

> >> OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
> >>

> >Vodka.
> >

> Don't feel bad, Kevin. I'd never heard of it either. Must be a southern
> yuppie thing.
>
> g.c.
>
> Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
> term for a middle aged former yuppie?

Republican.

--riverman

Stan Gula
January 22nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message

> Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
> term for a middle aged former yuppie?

In the case of us formerly employed software people, the term is Dumpie
(downwardly mobile professional in exile). Many who know me would agree
that fits on many levels.

George Cleveland
January 22nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:25:27 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> wrote:

>"Kevin Vang" > wrote in message
>>
>> > yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
>> > tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?
>>

>> OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
>>

>Vodka.

Don't feel bad, Kevin. I'd never heard of it either. Must be a southern
yuppie thing.

g.c.

Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
term for a middle aged former yuppie?

Tim J.
January 22nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> "George Cleveland" > wrote in message
>
> > Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
> > term for a middle aged former yuppie?
>
> In the case of us formerly employed software people, the term is Dumpie
> (downwardly mobile professional in exile). Many who know me would agree
> that fits on many levels.

<SPLORK!>
(you left out "unkempt")
--
TL,
Tim

Scott Seidman
January 22nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
"riverman" > wrote in news:buovkj$k6u4l$1@ID-
162575.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Republican.
>
> --riverman

In one of my favorite episodes of The Family Guy, Peter comes riding down
the street on an elephant, saying "Look, two symbols of the Replican
Party-- an elephant, and a fat, white male who's threatened by change"

Scott

Wayne Harrison
January 22nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
"George Cleveland" > wrote

> Don't feel bad, Kevin. I'd never heard of it either. Must be a southern
> yuppie thing.
>
> g.c.
>
> Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
> term for a middle aged former yuppie?

careful, cheesehead; y'all are skatin' on thee-n aahce.

see my response to timmaay, *supra*...

:)

yfitons
wayno (and that wiseass ratkiller up in beerburg don't scare me none,
neither!)

Charlie Choc
January 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:04:42 GMT,
(George Cleveland) wrote:

>Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
>term for a middle aged former yuppie?

Substitute geriatric for young and you have guppies. (obroff)
--
Charlie...

George Cleveland
January 22nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:05:02 GMT, "Wayne Harrison" >
wrote:

>"George Cleveland" > wrote
>
>> Don't feel bad, Kevin. I'd never heard of it either. Must be a southern
>> yuppie thing.
>>
>> g.c.
>>
>> Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
>> term for a middle aged former yuppie?
>
> careful, cheesehead; y'all are skatin' on thee-n aahce.
>
> see my response to timmaay, *supra*...
>
> :)
>
>yfitons
>wayno (and that wiseass ratkiller up in beerburg don't scare me none,
>neither!)

Well, if you're...oh excuse me I forgot that we were holding this discusion
in dialectese...(assuming his best Fargoesque persona)Well der hey, ya know
da ice here is bout two or tree feet tick right now sose I'm not worryin'
too much about fallin trew. But ya know if I did I'd be **** out of luck,
hey, cause da temperchure is toppin out at -10 here in Merrill, hey. Its so
cold da snoose freezes before it hits da manure pile.

g.c.

And da nort' wind is comin' you're way.

Hey.

SnakeFiddler
January 23rd, 2004, 12:27 AM
"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "riverman" > wrote in news:buovkj$k6u4l$1@ID-
> 162575.news.uni-berlin.de:
>
> > Republican.
> >
> > --riverman
> >

> In one of my favorite episodes of The Family Guy, Peter comes riding down
> the street on an elephant, saying "Look, two symbols of the Replican
> Party-- an elephant, and a fat, white male who's threatened by change"
>
> Scott

laughin my ass off ;)))

Snake-

Frank Reid
January 23rd, 2004, 02:32 AM
> >>OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
> > Them's the underdrawers I save for "special occasions".
> GAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCK !!!!
> WAY, WAY too much information.
> Ken Fortenberry- how in the hell do I erase THAT mental image ;-(

12 to 15 see-throughs outta do it.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Wayne Harrison
January 23rd, 2004, 02:34 AM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > > Them's the underdrawers I save for "special occasions".
> > GAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCK !!!!
> > WAY, WAY too much information.
> > Ken Fortenberry- how in the hell do I erase THAT mental image ;-(
>
> 12 to 15 see-throughs outta do it.
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Reverse email to reply

works for me. every day...

yfitons
wayno (well, maybe not quite *that* many...)

Wolfgang
January 23rd, 2004, 02:53 AM

> Wolfgang wrote:
>

> > Yeah, poor frail thing. :(
> >
> > Wolfgang
> > who's got a shiny new nickel says she can whup rw's AND forty's ass.
> > :)
>
> yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?

Well, the wager WAS that she could hold her own against ROFF's own pugilists
nonpareil. Wayno and the Benz corporation are another matter entirely.

> plus, you do know
> who his "second" is, don't you?

Gentleman Jim, presumably. I suspect the lady has little to fear from that
quarter.

> pity the poor waif...

Hm.......we got a boatload of waifs in this here dustup. :)

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
January 23rd, 2004, 02:59 AM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:25:27 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> > wrote:

> >> OK, I'll be the one to ask. WTF is a "see-through"?
> >>

> >Vodka.
> >

> Don't feel bad, Kevin. I'd never heard of it either. Must be a southern
> yuppie thing.
>
> g.c.
>
> Actually the "yuppies" are a little beyond being called young. Whats the
> term for a middle aged former yuppie?

Muppie, with the "M" denoting middle aged was popular a few years ago. But
since nobody mostly much gives a **** about them anymore that has become as
passé as the objects to which it refers. Meanwhile, the abomination
formerly known as the yuppie is still with us, DBA the "Bobo".

Wolfgang

SnakeFiddler
January 24th, 2004, 12:48 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> >

> > Wolfgang wrote:
> >

> > > Yeah, poor frail thing. :(
> > >
> > <snip> :)
> >
> > yeah, perhaps... but then, have you ever observed the battleground
> > tactics of wayno abetted by innumerable see-throughs?
<snip>
Wayno and the Benz corporation are another matter entirely.

> > <snip>> >
> > pity the poor waif...
>
><snip>
> Wolfgang

Have no fear- this waif is not easily seduced by things that glitter and
shine- not even those that come from the Benz corp-

however, mountain trekking and good music are a different story all
togehter...... ;}

Frank Church
January 24th, 2004, 12:14 PM
"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in news:busgc6$lqh8e$1@ID-
209611.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Have no fear- this waif is not easily seduced by things that glitter and
> shine- not even those that come from the Benz corp-
>
> however, mountain trekking and good music are a different story all
> togehter...... ;}

....uh, how about a walk in the park while I play the kazoo, would that do
it? :-))

Fearless Frank

SnakeFiddler
January 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> "SnakeFiddler" > wrote in news:busgc6$lqh8e$1@ID-
> 209611.news.uni-berlin.de:
>

> > Have no fear- this waif is not easily seduced by things that glitter and
> > shine- not even those that come from the Benz corp-
> >
> > however, mountain trekking and good music are a different story all
> > togehter...... ;}
>
> ...uh, how about a walk in the park while I play the kazoo, would that do
> it? :-))
>
> Fearless Frank

hmmmm...... let me think about this for a minute-NO- I
said GOOD music :-)

Snakefiddler- gotta banjo?