PDA

View Full Version : thanks- app anglers

SnakeFiddler
January 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Thanks guys for your input regarding Appalachian Anglers. Being that they
are about a ten minute drive from me, and ya'll speak so highly of the
place, I am likely to use them should I decide to take formal lessons.

Snakefiddler-

Big Dale
January 26th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Snakefiddler wrote:>Thanks guys for your input regarding Appalachian Anglers.
Being that they
>are about a ten minute drive from me, and ya'll speak so highly of the
>place, I am likely to use them should I decide to take formal lessons.
>
>Snakefiddler-

That is probably a good decision. The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a
trout stream teaching formal lessons blows my mind.

Big Dale

SnakeFiddler
January 26th, 2004, 12:57 PM
"Big Dale" > wrote in message
> Snakefiddler wrote:>Thanks guys for your input regarding Appalachian
Anglers.
> Being that they
> >are about a ten minute drive from me, and ya'll speak so highly of the
> >place, I am likely to use them should I decide to take formal lessons.
> >
> >Snakefiddler-
>
> That is probably a good decision. The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a
> trout stream teaching formal lessons blows my mind.
>
> Big Dale

>Big Dale Wrote:
The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a trout stream teaching formal
lessons blows my mind.

Tux?! Aw, ****, now I gotta go out and buy a dress?
I would like to make a trip out Uncle Wally's way, too. Does he save the
tux just for special occasions- like fishin?

Snakefiddler- i wonder what wading wading boots would look best with black
velvet?

Tim J.
January 26th, 2004, 12:59 PM
"Big Dale" > wrote in message
> Snakefiddler wrote:>Thanks guys for your input regarding Appalachian Anglers.
> Being that they
> >are about a ten minute drive from me, and ya'll speak so highly of the
> >place, I am likely to use them should I decide to take formal lessons.
> >
> >Snakefiddler-
>
> That is probably a good decision. The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a
> trout stream teaching formal lessons blows my mind.

<G>
I wonder if he drinks beer with pinky extended?
--
TL,
Tim

Jeff Miller
January 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
SnakeFiddler wrote:

> The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a trout stream teaching formal
> lessons blows my mind.

if you ever see him in a tuxedo on a stream (or anydamnwhereelse), he's
lost a wager or you're in for a bit of trouble. also, you probably don't
want to let him get behind you...

> Snakefiddler- i wonder what wading wading boots would look best with black
> velvet?

the wilson creek outfitters' fashion committee will be happy to schedule
a consultation and fitting session. i am informed the committee makes
house calls, or you may wish to arrange to attend the february
flyfishing fashion coordinates seminar being held at the committee's
branch office at the cabin at bat cave, nc. please bring your banjo.

Mike Connor
January 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Giving a lady, who happens to be wearing black velvet, and waders, is
indeed liable to result in him gulping his beer with a pinky extended!

The mind boggles! :)

TL
MC

Mike Connor
January 26th, 2004, 01:51 PM
"Mike Connor" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Giving a lady, who happens to be wearing black velvet, and waders, is
> indeed liable to result in him gulping his beer with a pinky extended!
>
> The mind boggles! :)
>
> TL
> MC

That should of course read ; "Giving a lady, who happens to be wearing black
velvet, and waders, lessons, is indeed liable to result in him gulping his
beer with a pinky extended"

Sorry, I got so confused, I forgot all about the "lesson" bit! ( That will
probably happen to Walt as well! ).

TL
MC

Wolfgang
January 26th, 2004, 01:54 PM
"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in message

> "Big Dale" > wrote in message
> > Snakefiddler wrote:>Thanks guys for your input regarding
Appalachian
> Anglers.
> > Being that they
> > >are about a ten minute drive from me, and ya'll speak so highly
of the
> > >place, I am likely to use them should I decide to take formal
lessons.

> > >Snakefiddler-
> >
> > That is probably a good decision. The thought of Uncle Wally in a
tux on a
> > trout stream teaching formal lessons blows my mind.
> >
> > Big Dale
>
> >Big Dale Wrote:
> The thought of Uncle Wally in a tux on a trout stream teaching
formal
> lessons blows my mind.
>
> Tux?! Aw, ****, now I gotta go out and buy a dress?
> I would like to make a trip out Uncle Wally's way, too. Does he
save the
> tux just for special occasions- like fishin?
>
> Snakefiddler- i wonder what wading wading boots would look best with
black
> velvet?

Velvet is SO not in for formal streamwear. Satin is de rigueur.

Wolfgang
it's a long and moderately ugly story......just trust me on this one.

Jeff Miller
January 26th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Wolfgang wrote:

> Velvet is SO not in for formal streamwear. Satin is de rigueur.
>
> Wolfgang
> it's a long and moderately ugly story......just trust me on this one.

the committee is particularly fond of the diaphanous fishing attire in
development this season specifically for the new generation of
flyfisherwomen... and blithe cheeseheads.

jeff

Francis Reid
January 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
> That should of course read ; "Giving a lady, who happens to be wearing black
> velvet, and waders, lessons, is indeed liable to result in him gulping his
> beer with a pinky extended"
>
> Sorry, I got so confused, I forgot all about the "lesson" bit! ( That will
> probably happen to Walt as well! ).

Naw, Walt will just be looking at the velvet, trying to come up with a
pattern for a black stonefly made out of the dress. Then again,
Snakefiddler in a black velvet dress with strategically placed cuts
taken out of it may cause other havoc on the stream.
Frank Reid

Mike Connor
January 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
"Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
> Velvet is SO not in for formal streamwear. Satin is de rigueur.
>
> Wolfgang
> it's a long and moderately ugly story......just trust me on this one.

Ah yes "The Satinic Verses" as I remember?

( Hope that does not provoke another Fatwah!).

TL
MC

Wolfgang
January 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> <SNIP>
> > Velvet is SO not in for formal streamwear. Satin is de rigueur.
> >
> > Wolfgang
> > it's a long and moderately ugly story......just trust me on this
one.

> Ah yes "The Satinic Verses" as I remember?
>
> ( Hope that does not provoke another Fatwah!).

It ain't the Fatwah so much as the Fatass that concerns me.

Wolfgang
alterations are SO expensive. :(

Wayne Knight
January 26th, 2004, 03:44 PM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> It ain't the Fatwah so much as the Fatass that concerns me.

Hey leave my ass out of this, i ain't wearing no satin, silk maybe, satin
never

Mike Connor
January 26th, 2004, 05:06 PM
"Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
> It ain't the Fatwah so much as the Fatass that concerns me.
>
> Wolfgang
> alterations are SO expensive. :(

Yes well, perhaps itīs time to go for velvet after all? Tastefully draped
of course?

TL
MC

SnakeFiddler
January 26th, 2004, 09:16 PM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message

> "Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> <SNIP>
> > It ain't the Fatwah so much as the Fatass that concerns me.
> >
> > Wolfgang
> > alterations are SO expensive. :(
> >

> Yes well, perhaps itīs time to go for velvet after all? Tastefully draped
> of course?
>
> TL
> MC

Good- save me some shoppin. I do have a nice full legnth balck velvet
number with fur at the neckline, and a *strategically* placed cut.........
;}

Snake

SnakeFiddler
January 26th, 2004, 09:37 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> "SnakeFiddler" > wrote in
> :
> > Good- save me some shoppin. I do have a nice full legnth balck velvet
> > number with fur at the neckline, and a *strategically* placed
> > cut......... ;}
>
> ...but Snake, shouldn't that fur be at the hemline? To keep your neck
warm,
> of course. :-))
>
> Frank the furrier Church

Nice try Frank- I said a *full length*- not a mini, or ultra-
ultra...........mini

Snakefiddler- you should be ashamed of yourself :>

Snakefiddler-

Frank Church
January 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in
:
> Good- save me some shoppin. I do have a nice full legnth balck velvet
> number with fur at the neckline, and a *strategically* placed
> cut......... ;}

....but Snake, shouldn't that fur be at the hemline? To keep your neck warm,
of course. :-))

Frank the furrier Church

Tim J.
January 26th, 2004, 10:05 PM
"SnakeFiddler" wrote...
> "Frank Church" wrote...
> > "SnakeFiddler" wrote:
> > > Good- save me some shoppin. I do have a nice full legnth balck velvet
> > > number with fur at the neckline, and a *strategically* placed
> > > cut......... ;}
> >
> > ...but Snake, shouldn't that fur be at the hemline? To keep your neck
> warm,
> > of course. :-))
>
> Nice try Frank- I said a *full length*- not a mini, or ultra-
> ultra...........mini
>
> Snakefiddler- you should be ashamed of yourself :>

Be assured that the rest of us are ashamed of Frank enough to cover his lack
thereof.
--
TL,
Tim

Wayne
January 26th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. His motives are definitely
questionable as is his taste in beverages. Why he once tried to pass himself
off as the coach of the Mary Washington College Women's Nude Volleyball Team
during a smallmouth bass rodeo. I know it for a fact, I saw him do it.
We must start with a fine Merlot; fitting wading boots can be such a tedious
process. Once we have you sporting a fine set of boots (I'm sure you'll
turn a fine ankle in most any color) we must adjourn to the pretty little
run behind the church (I frequent churches, don't you?) just upstream from
Appalachian Anglers. Here we can let you master the fine art of dry fly
drifting, nymphing, and even (in case you get to fish for salmon) streamer
fishing. Trout don't take streamers you understand, but it is nice to
master all the arts to fill your repertoire and polish your skills. Ladies
are such graceful creatures and their sense of timing and rhythm is poetry
in motion. I'm sure casting will come as natural to you as a waltz and
champagne. Speaking of champagne; when you have become the goddess of the
eastern streams (I believe the western streams are spoken for) we must toast
your success with mimosas and perhaps share a brandy later to discuss the
day's events.

--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in message

> "Frank Church" > wrote in message
> 9.11...
> > ...but Snake, shouldn't that fur be at the hemline? To keep your neck
> warm,
> > of course. :-))
> >
> > Frank the furrier Church
>
> Nice try Frank- I said a *full length*- not a mini, or ultra-
> ultra...........mini
>
> Snakefiddler- you should be ashamed of yourself :>
>
> Snakefiddler-

Frank Church
January 27th, 2004, 12:13 AM
"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in news:bv42kr$mbflo$1@ID-
209611.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Nice try Frank- I said a *full length*- not a mini, or ultra-
> ultra...........mini
>
> Snakefiddler- you should be ashamed of yourself :>

aack! you missed the joke Snake. Of course now it's ruined, but let me
explain: if you're wearing a full length gown, and the fur is at the
hemline, *and* it's there to keep your neck warm, what position is said
gown apt to be in? Up around your neck, dahlin'! It was a helluva lot
funnier when I didn't have to 'splain it. :-( Anyway, you're a ray of
sunshine in this zoo, so you can wear it anyway you please. ;-)

Frank the sorry teller of jokes

Frank Church
January 27th, 2004, 12:27 AM
"Wayne" > wrote in
:

(creative snippage of a dreamer)
> Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. His motives are
> definitely questionable as is his taste in beverages. Why he once
> tried to pass himself off as the coach of the Mary Washington College
> Women's Nude Volleyball Team during a smallmouth bass rodeo. I know it
> for a fact, I saw him do it. We must start with a fine Merlot; fitting
> wading boots can be such a tedious process.
Speaking of champagne; when you have become the goddess of the eastern
> streams (I believe the western streams are spoken for)
> we must toast your success with mimosas and
> perhaps share a brandy later to discuss the day's events.

Two things Wayne old buddy, you forgot my magnetic personality with a
certain massuese, and..careful I might have to have a little talk with Di,
of course I could be persuaded to mind my own business if you could fix me
up with a prettier massuese next time. <bseg>

Frank "oh my poor back" Church

Wayne
January 27th, 2004, 12:28 AM
pervert! :-P
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...

> aack! you missed the joke Snake. Of course now it's ruined, but let me
> explain: if you're wearing a full length gown, and the fur is at the
> hemline, *and* it's there to keep your neck warm, what position is said
> gown apt to be in? Up around your neck, dahlin'! It was a helluva lot
> funnier when I didn't have to 'splain it. :-( Anyway, you're a ray of
> sunshine in this zoo, so you can wear it anyway you please. ;-)
>
> Frank the sorry teller of jokes

SnakeFiddler
January 27th, 2004, 01:53 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> "SnakeFiddler" > wrote in news:bv42kr$mbflo$1@ID-
> 209611.news.uni-berlin.de:
>

> > Nice try Frank- I said a *full length*- not a mini, or ultra-
> > ultra...........mini
> >
> > Snakefiddler- you should be ashamed of yourself :>
>
> aack! you missed the joke Snake. Of course now it's ruined, but let me
> explain: if you're wearing a full length gown, and the fur is at the
> hemline, *and* it's there to keep your neck warm, what position is said
> gown apt to be in? Up around your neck, dahlin'! It was a helluva lot
> funnier when I didn't have to 'splain it. :-( Anyway, you're a ray of
> sunshine in this zoo, so you can wear it anyway you please. ;-)
>
> Frank the sorry teller of jokes

uh, frank- i got it- i'm not that dense. i was just giving you a possible
"out" for your *outrageous* suggestion -cause i was sure that you didn't
really want to say that, now, did you? ;-)

Snake- i think you found it funnier than i did , dahlin-, ;-))

Frank Reid
January 27th, 2004, 01:53 AM
> of course I could be persuaded to mind my own business if you could fix me
> up with a prettier massuese next time. <bseg>

Uh, Dad. If I remember rights, I did the pimpin' on that one.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

SnakeFiddler
January 27th, 2004, 02:00 AM
"Wayne" > wrote in message
> Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. His motives are
definitely
> questionable as is his taste in beverages. Why he once tried to pass
himself
> off as the coach of the Mary Washington College Women's Nude Volleyball
Team
> during a smallmouth bass rodeo. I know it for a fact, I saw him do it.
> We must start with a fine Merlot; fitting wading boots can be such a
tedious
> process. Once we have you sporting a fine set of boots (I'm sure you'll
> turn a fine ankle in most any color) we must adjourn to the pretty little
> run behind the church (I frequent churches, don't you?) just upstream from
> Appalachian Anglers. Here we can let you master the fine art of dry fly
> drifting, nymphing, and even (in case you get to fish for salmon) streamer
> fishing. Trout don't take streamers you understand, but it is nice to
> master all the arts to fill your repertoire and polish your skills.
Ladies
> are such graceful creatures and their sense of timing and rhythm is poetry
> in motion. I'm sure casting will come as natural to you as a waltz and
> champagne. Speaking of champagne; when you have become the goddess of the
> eastern streams (I believe the western streams are spoken for) we must
toast
> your success with mimosas and perhaps share a brandy later to discuss the
> day's events.
>

> --
> Wayne
> To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

Smoooth.....Mr. Church could take some lessons from you.... ;-)

> "SnakeFiddler" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Frank Church" > wrote in message
> > 9.11...
> (snipped)> > Snakefiddler-

Frank Church
January 27th, 2004, 02:06 AM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in
:

>> of course I could be persuaded to mind my own business if you could
>> fix me up with a prettier massuese next time. <bseg>
>
> Uh, Dad. If I remember rights, I did the pimpin' on that one.

My apologies son, yer absolutely right..but that shouldn't keep Wayne from
fixing me up either. She might have been butt-ugly but she had talented
hands and feet. Ahhhhhhhh <sigh>

Frank the elder

Frank Church
January 27th, 2004, 12:56 PM
"SnakeFiddler" > wrote in
:

> Smoooth.....Mr. Church could take some lessons from you.... ;-)

I'm devastated, shamed and humiliated. Now I'll go eat a worm and die. :(

Frank
...just bury me in the nearest snowbank..

Wayne
January 27th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Frank, Frank, Frank. I keep tellin' ya man. There is so much more to
wimmin than their looks!! Check out their fly fishing gear!!!
--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...

> My apologies son, yer absolutely right..but that shouldn't keep Wayne from
> fixing me up either. She might have been butt-ugly but she had talented
> hands and feet. Ahhhhhhhh <sigh>
>
> Frank the elder

SnakeFiddler
January 28th, 2004, 11:36 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> "SnakeFiddler" > wrote in
> :
>
> > Smoooth.....Mr. Church could take some lessons from you.... ;-)
>
> I'm devastated, shamed and humiliated. Now I'll go eat a worm and die. :(
>
> Frank
> ..just bury me in the nearest snowbank..

>>Frank Church Wrote:

>>Now I'll go eat a worm and die. :(

It's o.k. Frank, such drastic measures a re hardly required ;)

Frank Reid
January 28th, 2004, 11:54 PM
> >>Now I'll go eat a worm and die. :(
>
> It's o.k. Frank, such drastic measures a re hardly required ;)

Required hell, thats his normal diet and smell.

The other Frank

Frank Church
January 29th, 2004, 12:15 AM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in
:

> Required hell, thats his normal diet and smell.
>
> The other Frank

ooooohh, that's cold son, damned near as cold as my front yard right now.

The older and better lookin' Frank
....experience *does* count