PDA

View Full Version : re: Royal River fly shop...

Frank Church
January 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Wayne, Royal River has a guide service on several rivers including the
White, putting in north of Indy, I believe up around Noblesville. They
offer 1/2 day @$150 or all day (9-10hrs) for $250. I could go for the long
one which includes a fine bank lunch, or so they say. He uses a Hyde drift
boat and has room for two clients. If you or Ken would be interested shoot
me an email. If you haven't already, stop by and visit with these guys,
nice folks.

Floatin' Frank
...they also do the Tippecanoe R.

Wayne Knight
January 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Wayne, Royal River has a guide service on several rivers including the
> White, putting in north of Indy, I believe up around Noblesville. They
> offer 1/2 day @$150 or all day (9-10hrs) for $250. I could go for the
long
> one which includes a fine bank lunch, or so they say. He uses a Hyde drift
> boat and has room for two clients. If you or Ken would be interested shoot
> me an email. If you haven't already, stop by and visit with these guys,
> nice folks.

Sure i could be interested but there are some wierd things going on here and
my time in Indy may be short. But i could use a pro helping me on my warm
water techniques since i keep moving where there is no trout :(. I assume
you want to do it in the spring. Just hope their boat is big enough for my
fat ass and he wears his cup. ;)

I've frequented the Royal River shop (if you recall i told you about the CFO
reels they had discounted but were out of by the time you called). Nice
folks, much nicer and helpful than the other fly shop in town.

Wayne

Wayne Knight
January 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...

> ...yep, you're right, I had forgotten you mentioned those folks before.
> Jason sez they start the floats in April so if you're still around we'll
> work on it.

Sounds like a plan to me

Frank Church
January 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
"Wayne Knight" > wrote in
gy.com:

> Sure i could be interested but there are some wierd things going on
> here and my time in Indy may be short. But i could use a pro helping
> me on my warm water techniques since i keep moving where there is no
> trout :(. I assume you want to do it in the spring. Just hope their
> boat is big enough for my fat ass and he wears his cup. ;)
>
> I've frequented the Royal River shop (if you recall i told you about
> the CFO reels they had discounted but were out of by the time you
> called). Nice folks, much nicer and helpful than the other fly shop in
> town.
>
> Wayne

....yep, you're right, I had forgotten you mentioned those folks before.
Jason sez they start the floats in April so if you're still around we'll
work on it.

Frank

asadi
January 26th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Now just what the heck are you two guys cooking up anyhooo....

I hang around close to the white south of Indy, where the White runs down
along Route 57.

Wayne, are you moving to the Indy area....? That's a stones throw from
Dayton, we visit Indy for a stroll around town, it has a pleasant sort of
night life.

Smallmouth rule in this area....hey guys....can I come too? Huh, Huh, can I,
can I?

Mad River, Miami River, White Oak Creek, Stillwater River....some of my home
waters... Haven't done much on the Little and Big Darby Creeks but the get
very good reviews in the magazines.

john

"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Wayne, Royal River has a guide service on several rivers including the
> White, putting in north of Indy, I believe up around Noblesville. They
> offer 1/2 day @$150 or all day (9-10hrs) for $250. I could go for the
long
> one which includes a fine bank lunch, or so they say. He uses a Hyde drift
> boat and has room for two clients. If you or Ken would be interested shoot
> me an email. If you haven't already, stop by and visit with these guys,
> nice folks.
>
> Floatin' Frank
> ..they also do the Tippecanoe R.

Wayne Knight
January 26th, 2004, 08:32 PM
"asadi" > wrote in message

> Wayne, are you moving to the Indy area....? That's a stones throw from
> Dayton, we visit Indy for a stroll around town, it has a pleasant sort of
> night life.

John, I relocated to Indy back in July, might be relocating out now due to a
disagreement with my bosses on the proper presentation of the individual
items which make up income statements and balance sheets. Except for it's
lack of trout, hills, and a decent cajun restraunt, this is a decent place
to live. Cost of living is not too bad, not too hard to get around, and at
least from July to Jan so far, climate is not too extreme either way.

> Smallmouth rule in this area....hey guys....can I come too? Huh, Huh, can
I,
> can I?

Well the boat holds two but they got more than one boat ya know?

> Mad River, Miami River, White Oak Creek, Stillwater River....some of my
home
> waters... Haven't done much on the Little and Big Darby Creeks but the get
> very good reviews in the magazines.

If I stay around, maybe we can meet up on some of those streams.

Frank Church
January 26th, 2004, 08:39 PM
"asadi" > wrote in
:
> Smallmouth rule in this area....hey guys....can I come too? Huh, Huh,
> can I, can I?

....Glad to have you come along John. The guide sez two at a time so keep
your dance card open..if either you, Wayne or Forty wants to split a trip
that would be great. It would be a shame to waste a seat (and $125) :-)

Frank