PDA

View Full Version : OT Poooooooooooopped him up !!

Ken Fortenberry
January 26th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Thwack the penguin.

http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf

--
Ken Fortenberry
296.2

Russell D.
January 26th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Thwack the penguin.
>
> http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf

Best I could do with this version is 312 feet.

With this version:

http://meph.eu.org/

I got 593.5 feet.

Russell

Russell D.
January 26th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Thwack the penguin.
>
> http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf

Gotta be the product of some Bill Gates groupie.

Russell

Tux lover.

slenon
January 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
588.3 but it took lots of batting practice.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Mark Anderson
January 26th, 2004, 10:53 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
m...
> Thwack the penguin.
>
> http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry
> 296.2

Greetings:
Fun. Sick, but fun. This reminds me that Spring Training is right around
the corner! :-) I intend to make it down to Arizona for a weekend of
preseason baseball, 'cause I'll be retired! Don't the pitchers & catchers
have to show up in like a week or so? I need to get on line and find out
about those package deals they have for this.
Play penguin! (er...or ball or something. )
-Mark

Jonathan Cook
January 27th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in message >...
> Thwack the penguin.
>
> http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf

About the 4th try I got 312.3, but it took my about 20 more
to get another over 300...

Jon.

PS: The whole thing offends my right-left sensibilities :-)

Jeff Miller
January 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
319...

i'd be interested if anyone other than the supernatural stev gets beyond
320... 588??

Jonathan Cook wrote:

> Ken Fortenberry > wrote in message >...
>
>>Thwack the penguin.
>>
>>http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf
>

> About the 4th try I got 312.3, but it took my about 20 more
> to get another over 300...
>
> Jon.
>
> PS: The whole thing offends my right-left sensibilities :-)

slenon
January 27th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Jeff Miller writes:
>i'd be interested if anyone other than the >supernatural stev gets beyond
>320... 588??

It took a lot of time, Jeff. Most of my attempts were in the 400's. I
used a different link to the same game, found on another group and was just
about to post the link here when I saw Ken had already posted his link.
http://badger.ing.me.uk/~ahmulh/pinguin.swf

Try for line drives with lots of skips.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Willi
January 27th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Jeff Miller wrote:

> 319...
>
> i'd be interested if anyone other than the supernatural stev gets beyond
> 320... 588??

I'm guessing they used a different version:

http://meph.eu.org/

You'll get MUCH higher scores

Willi

Wayne Knight
January 27th, 2004, 10:30 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> i'd be interested if anyone other than the supernatural stev gets beyond
> 320... 588??

I had seen this on another web based board while doing some research,
someone had posted his score of 927 (actually posted the page showing the
score), I figured why even try

slenon
January 27th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Greg Pavlov:
> I averaged about 250 on the first site posted
> here and over 400 on the hypered one.

I guess it depends on which site one stumbled across first.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Jeff Miller
January 27th, 2004, 11:16 PM
try the one on ken's link... line drive skips don't go as far as the
ones hit high & just short of sticking the nose.

jeff

slenon wrote:

> Jeff Miller writes:
>
>>i'd be interested if anyone other than the >supernatural stev gets beyond
>>320... 588??
>

> It took a lot of time, Jeff. Most of my attempts were in the 400's. I
> used a different link to the same game, found on another group and was just
> about to post the link here when I saw Ken had already posted his link.
> http://badger.ing.me.uk/~ahmulh/pinguin.swf
>
> Try for line drives with lots of skips.

slenon
January 27th, 2004, 11:40 PM
repost the link, I'll try it.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Jeff Miller
January 27th, 2004, 11:46 PM

slenon wrote:

> repost the link, I'll try it.

Scott Seidman
January 27th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Willi > wrote in
:

> Jeff Miller wrote:
>
>> 319...
>>
>> i'd be interested if anyone other than the supernatural stev gets
>> beyond 320... 588??
>

> I'm guessing they used a different version:
>
> http://meph.eu.org/
>
> You'll get MUCH higher scores
>
> Willi

Maybe one in meters, the other in God's own feet??

I got it figured out. Things happen on a mouse RELEASE, not a click!. You
can time it better if you click right after you drop the penguin, then
release the mouse when you sense the bird around the snowmans nose. I
think I can send 3/5 out past 300.

Scott

slenon
January 27th, 2004, 11:53 PM
OK,using http://home.tele2.fr/kcv/pinguin.swf
319.1
is the best out of 20 tries. Certainly a minor league performance compared
to http://badger.ing.me.uk/~ahmulh/pinguin.swf .
Wouldn't want to unlevel the playing field or appear supernatural.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

January 28th, 2004, 04:46 AM
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:16:35 -0500, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

>try the one on ken's link... line drive skips don't go as far as the
>ones hit high & just short of sticking the nose.

I love it when the little guy goes way up and lands straight down.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

January 28th, 2004, 04:50 AM
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:51:12 GMT, (Greg Pavlov)
wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:29:23 -0700, Willi > wrote:
>

>>I'm guessing they used a different version:
>>
>>http://meph.eu.org/
>>
>>You'll get MUCH higher scores
>>

> I averaged about 250 on the first site posted
> here and over 400 on the hypered one.

Wow. 567 on my first hit on that one. I'd not done much to be proud
of but a 300 on the first one.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.
Only a fool would refuse to believe in luck. Only a damn fool would rely on it.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Svend Tang-Petersen
January 28th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I spent about 20 min last night at home and maxed out at 323.