PDA

View Full Version : salmon fry

steve sullivan
January 28th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Would appreciate directions for some good allevin patterns. I am a
fairly new tier.

--
"Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
T. Jefferson

Hooked
January 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM
"steve sullivan" > wrote in message

> --
> "Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
> T. Jefferson

The actual quote:

"Those that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor
security."
Ben Franklin

Charlie Choc
January 28th, 2004, 11:08 AM
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:52:04 GMT, "Hooked" > wrote:

>"steve sullivan" > wrote in message
>>
>> --
>> "Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
>> T. Jefferson
>

>The actual quote:
>
>"Those that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor
>security."
>Ben Franklin

I believe those are both "actual" quotes.

There is also "Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security
ultimately will lose both" - Abraham Lincoln.
--
Charlie...

RalphH
January 29th, 2004, 12:53 AM
the egg 'n eye is a standard pattern here in british Columbia:

#8 3xl hook
body: silver tinsel
throat" tuft of salmon egg orange wool
wing: rolled mallard flank
head black thread with white laquer eyes.

I tie a similar pattern;

#10 3xl
tail: webby grizzly hackle fibres - width of gape
body" gold diamond braid
throat: tuft of orange wool
wing: rolled wood duck or mallard flank dyed wood duck
head: small gold bead with stick on eyes

or try:

http://www.sfotf.com/OTB%20Flies%20Ultimate%20Alevin%20Nov%204,00.htm

--

there are no numbers in my email addy. Please remove to reply
"steve sullivan" > wrote in message
> Would appreciate directions for some good allevin patterns. I am a
> fairly new tier.
>
> --
> "Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
> T. Jefferson

Hooked
January 29th, 2004, 07:47 AM
"Charlie Choc" > wrote in message

> I believe those are both "actual" quotes.
>
> There is also "Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security
> ultimately will lose both" - Abraham Lincoln.
> --
> Charlie...

Well, then I guess it sure as hell does get around.

Or it used to.

Today, 'mericuns would rather glorify the writers and signers of the
un-patriot act.