PDA

View Full Version : Hunters and Anglers Speak Out Against Energy Bill

JR
January 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - On Wednesday, Jan. 28, national conservation
organization Trout Unlimited (TU) hosted a group of hunters and anglers
representing four Rocky Mountain states who have traveled to Washington,
D.C. to voice their concerns over provisions within the oil and gas
section of the National Energy Bill that threaten prime fish and
wildlife habitat on public lands in the Rocky Mountain West.

Contains an interesting statement by the vice president of one of the
nation's leading firearms manufacturers:

"I have long believed that there should be a new 'conservative wing'
that embraces most of the Republican platform but that also places
a strong value on wilderness, unspoiled land and wildlife,"

rest of story at:

http://tinyurl.com/3dhfk

JR
(wondering if I've been possessed by the ghost of Muskie...)

Ken Fortenberry
January 29th, 2004, 12:45 PM
JR quoted:

> "I have long believed that there should be a new 'conservative wing'
> that embraces most of the Republican platform but that also places
> a strong value on wilderness, unspoiled land and wildlife,"

I've long believed that if the Greens could embrace hunting and fishing
and rid themselves of the PETA nuts they could be a viable political
force in this country.

--
Ken Fortenberry

asadi
January 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Can't be his ghost 'cause he ain't dead. Yours is the proper way to express
an opinion, in reference to a news item and in such a way that one's
attention is drawn to it.

john