PDA

View Full Version : Ping Lazarus Cooke

Tim Carter
February 1st, 2004, 04:51 AM
U.S. planning a spring offensive
The U.S. military said this week it is confident of catching bin Laden, as
well as Mullah Omar, by the end of the year.

Defense officials in Washington said this week that the Pentagon is planning
a spring offensive against Taliban and al-Qaida holdouts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4119976/

Lazarus Cooke
February 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM
In article >, Tim Carter
> wrote:

> U.S. planning a spring offensive
> The U.S. military said this week it is confident of catching bin Laden, as
> well as Mullah Omar, by the end of the year.
>
> Defense officials in Washington said this week that the Pentagon is planning
> a spring offensive against Taliban and al-Qaida holdouts.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4119976/

What a surprise!

This has been a deeply depressing week in the UK, because of the
emasculation of the supposedly "independent" BBC. Since 1960, there
have been seven director-generals of the BBC. Of these, three have been
removed by the Prime Minister of the day. The third, whom I know, was
removed on Thursday, in what was one of Britain's worst days since
Suez.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address