PDA

View Full Version : Re: [OT} The Announcer

daytripper
February 2nd, 2004, 01:25 AM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 01:10:54 GMT, (Greg Pavlov) wrote:

>Two and a bit more minutes to go in the first half and we
>had a perfect example of what we used to call The Announcer:
>Carolina on its own 5, Delhomme over center, the announcer
>says "Delhomme is 1 for 9 for just 2 yards." Delhomme promptly
>moves the team 95 yards to score with a series of nice passes.

Hey now!

New England is letting these guys hang around. But for our kicker getting the
yips again (he really doesn't do well in Reliant) they'd be up at least 10,
maybe 17 even.

Pats punished the Cats for all but the last three minutes of the first half -
just prior to which Carolina had a NET NEGATIVE yards. They made the mistake
of going into the &^%#@! Prevent Defense (which even *we* know never works).

/daytripper (But I'm not worried. Yet ;-)