PDA

View Full Version : Re: Seal Dubbing

Larry
February 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Actually, this is real high quality stuff. I've bought from Jim in the
past and it's the real deal... it's legal harvested shed fur that's been
dyed.

Larry

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> jim smith wrote:
>
>> Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. ...
>

> Oh, joy !! A fresh piece of SPAM.
>
> Batter up !!!

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 03:40 PM
"Larry" wrote...
> Actually, this is real high quality stuff. I've bought from Jim in the
> past and it's the real deal... it's legal harvested shed fur that's been
> dyed.

I've heard from others in this group that the penis enlargement stuff works well
and that there are, in fact, nude pictures of Brittany Spears, but that doesn't
make it NOT spam. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

rb608
February 5th, 2004, 03:42 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in message
> Anyone wanna buy a nude picture of Janet?

Jackson or Reno?

Joe F.

Ken Fortenberry
February 5th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Larry wrote:
> Actually, this is real high quality stuff. ...

Actually, that's totally beside the point.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Tim J. wrote:
> "Larry" wrote...
>
>>Actually, this is real high quality stuff. I've bought from Jim in the
>>past and it's the real deal... it's legal harvested shed fur that's been
>>dyed.
>

> I've heard from others in this group that the penis enlargement stuff works well
> and that there are, in fact, nude pictures of Brittany Spears, but that doesn't
> make it NOT spam. ;-)

I agree with Larry. (I bought from the guy in the past too) Personally I
like short one time announcements here of unusual fishing stuff or
fishing stuff on sale. A short post like that is a whole lot better than
much of the **** thrown around here, my own stuff included at times.

IMO, there's a big difference between a one time post about a fly
fishing related item and some broad based spam distribution.

Willi

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 04:51 PM
"Willi" > wrote in message
> Tim J. wrote:
> > "Larry" wrote...
> >
> >>Actually, this is real high quality stuff. I've bought from Jim in the
> >>past and it's the real deal... it's legal harvested shed fur that's been
> >>dyed.
> >
> > I've heard from others in this group that the penis enlargement stuff works
well
> > and that there are, in fact, nude pictures of Brittany Spears, but that
doesn't
> > make it NOT spam. ;-)
>
> I agree with Larry. (I bought from the guy in the past too) Personally I
> like short one time announcements here of unusual fishing stuff or
> fishing stuff on sale. A short post like that is a whole lot better than
> much of the **** thrown around here, my own stuff included at times.
>
> IMO, there's a big difference between a one time post about a fly
> fishing related item and some broad based spam distribution.

It's still spam, regardless if the guy is good, his stuff is good, it's topical,
etc. I noticed the same message posted on many discussion groups, and that fact
alone could qualify it as spam. Once the group decides anyone can post spam for
fishing goods because the posts are topical, Katy bar the door, because there
are a LOT of fly fishing vendors out there.
--
TL,
Tim

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Tim J. wrote:

> It's still spam, regardless if the guy is good, his stuff is good, it's topical,
> etc. I noticed the same message posted on many discussion groups, and that fact
> alone could qualify it as spam. Once the group decides anyone can post spam for
> fishing goods because the posts are topical, Katy bar the door, because there
> are a LOT of fly fishing vendors out there.

For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line looking for the first
hint that fly fishing related spam would be tolerated here and then LOOK
OUT! The group would be ruined and we might even get some fishing
related stuff posted!

Willi

Ken Fortenberry
February 5th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Willi wrote:

> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...

Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
SPAMmers business rather than help it.

Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Scott Seidman
February 5th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Willi > wrote in
:

> Tim J. wrote:
>

>> It's still spam, regardless if the guy is good, his stuff is good,
>> it's topical, etc. I noticed the same message posted on many
>> discussion groups, and that fact alone could qualify it as spam. Once
>> the group decides anyone can post spam for fishing goods because the
>> posts are topical, Katy bar the door, because there are a LOT of fly
>> fishing vendors out there.
>
> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line looking for the first
> hint that fly fishing related spam would be tolerated here and then
> LOOK OUT! The group would be ruined and we might even get some fishing
> related stuff posted!
>
> Willi

Actually its on topic for rofft, where "the trade of fly tying materials
would be encouraged." Genuine seal is hard enough to find that some would
appreciate the info. Netiquette, though, states that a "FS:" should appear
in the subject. Also, some consider a post like this to be spam, and the
poster should fully expect responses to that effect.

As long as I'm posting on the thread, is it legal to import this stuff into
the US??

Scott

Wolfgang
February 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.17...
> Willi > wrote in
> :
>

> > Tim J. wrote:
> >

> >> It's still spam, regardless if the guy is good, his stuff is
good,
> >> it's topical, etc. I noticed the same message posted on many
> >> discussion groups, and that fact alone could qualify it as spam.
Once
> >> the group decides anyone can post spam for fishing goods because
the
> >> posts are topical, Katy bar the door, because there are a LOT of
fly
> >> fishing vendors out there.
> >
> > For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line looking for the
first
> > hint that fly fishing related spam would be tolerated here and
then
> > LOOK OUT! The group would be ruined and we might even get some
fishing
> > related stuff posted!
> >
> > Willi
> >

> Actually its on topic for rofft, where "the trade of fly tying
materials
> would be encouraged." Genuine seal is hard enough to find that some
would
> appreciate the info. Netiquette, though, states that a "FS:" should
appear
> in the subject. Also, some consider a post like this to be spam,
and the
> poster should fully expect responses to that effect.
>
> As long as I'm posting on the thread, is it legal to import this
stuff into
> the US??

Don't know if it's legal, but it's certainly unnecessary......Hormel
cranks that **** out by the ton.

Wolfgang

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 05:53 PM
"Willi" wrote...
> Tim J. wrote:
> >
> > It's still spam, regardless if the guy is good, his stuff is good, it's
topical,
> > etc. I noticed the same message posted on many discussion groups, and that
fact
> > alone could qualify it as spam. Once the group decides anyone can post spam
for
> > fishing goods because the posts are topical, Katy bar the door, because
there
> > are a LOT of fly fishing vendors out there.
>
> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line looking for the first
> hint that fly fishing related spam would be tolerated here and then LOOK
> OUT! The group would be ruined and we might even get some fishing
> related stuff posted!

Regardless of all the OT stuff, it's a lot better than other groups where large
portions of all posts are spam.

Question #1: If this group is such a PITA, why are you reading this?
Question #2: Do you really think this group would be improved if it were nothing
but fishing related stuff, including spam?
--
TL,
Tim

Scott Seidman
February 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in news:10250onp9afbb01
@news.supernews.com:

> TL,
> Tim
> who would have left roff long ago if it were painted in those colors.
> ------------------------
> http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Man, you got colors??? I'm jealous. My usenet reader is just black and
white for text.

Scott

Jonathan Cook
February 5th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in message >...
> jim smith wrote:
> > Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. ...
>
> Oh, joy !! A fresh piece of SPAM.

Nope, ROFF voted long ago to gladly accept infrequent commercial
(on topic) announcements. By definition then it is not SPAM.

Besides, it's the most on-topic post I've seen in a while :-)

Jon.

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Tim J. wrote:

> Regardless of all the OT stuff, it's a lot better than other groups where large
> portions of all posts are spam.
>
> Question #1: If this group is such a PITA, why are you reading this?
> Question #2: Do you really think this group would be improved if it were nothing
> but fishing related stuff, including spam?

Think that's a bit of an over reaction on your part.

I've been around here for a spell Tim. Obviously I get some pleasure out
of ROFF or I wouldn't post here. Excuse me for wanting more fishing
related posts. It's not meant as a personal insult toward you!

Your response is pretty common. It seems to me that there are two things
that are "taboo" on ROFF - insulting members of a poster's family and
criticizing "ROFF".

Willi

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Willi wrote:
>

>> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...
>

> Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
> turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
> they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
> us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
> SPAMmers business rather than help it.
>
> Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.

Guess I'm just a fool.

(However, I'm guessing there's some other fools around here and I'd be
willing to bet they'll be people here buying some seal fur from the guy)

Willi

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
"Willi" wrote...
> Tim J. wrote:
> >
> > Regardless of all the OT stuff, it's a lot better than other groups where
large
> > portions of all posts are spam.
> >
> > Question #1: If this group is such a PITA, why are you reading this?
> > Question #2: Do you really think this group would be improved if it were
nothing
> > but fishing related stuff, including spam?
>
> Think that's a bit of an over reaction on your part.
>
> I've been around here for a spell Tim. Obviously I get some pleasure out
> of ROFF or I wouldn't post here. Excuse me for wanting more fishing
> related posts. It's not meant as a personal insult toward you!
>
> Your response is pretty common. It seems to me that there are two things
> that are "taboo" on ROFF - insulting members of a poster's family and
> criticizing "ROFF".

*I'M* overreacting?! :)
--
TL,
Tim

Wayne Harrison
February 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM
"Willi" > wrote

I'm guessing there's some other fools around here

good post. many would agree.

yfitons
wayno (****, that's even a better bet than the panthers and 17!)

jim smith
February 5th, 2004, 06:41 PM
In article
jim smith > wrote:

> Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get
> better! Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html jim

Well I thought to be honest that on topic sales were allowed in the
Group. I only posted in ROFFT and ROFF where I thought it was on topic.
I thought it would be OK. Now I know better I will not post again. Sorry
if I have offended. We never were famous for our knowledge of etiquette
in Yorkshire. Jim

brians
February 5th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Willi wrote:
>

>> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...
>

> Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
> turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
> they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
> us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
> SPAMmers business rather than help it.
>
> Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.

This may be a apples to oranges thing, but I've seen where it doesn't
have to turn into a spam fest. ASP, or alt.smokers.pipes allows
occasional on topic ads, and AFAICT, it works just fine there. A couple
other members of this group could probably confirm my observations of ASP.

brians

Stan Gula
February 5th, 2004, 09:03 PM
"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.17...

> Man, you got colors??? I'm jealous. My usenet reader is just black and
> white for text.
>
> Scott

Tim's using the plain-text-to-html converter again. Everything is in colors
with a fly fishing theme background and a different font for every line. I
thought it was pretty annoying, but you know how them damned Windows users
can be.

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 09:09 PM
"Stan Gula" wrote...
> "Scott Seidman" wrote...
> >
> > Man, you got colors??? I'm jealous. My usenet reader is just black and
> > white for text.
>
> Tim's using the plain-text-to-html converter again. Everything is in colors
> with a fly fishing theme background and a different font for every line. I
> thought it was pretty annoying, but you know how them damned Windows users
> can be.

Well, that and my rose-colored eye glasses.
--
TL,
Tim

tony weall
February 5th, 2004, 09:22 PM
its ok to insult members of my family the ones that dont fish anyway silly
bloody kids just crawl around all day crying and pooping there pants
"Willi" > wrote in message

> Tim J. wrote:
>

> > Regardless of all the OT stuff, it's a lot better than other groups
where large
> > portions of all posts are spam.
> >
> > Question #1: If this group is such a PITA, why are you reading this?
> > Question #2: Do you really think this group would be improved if it were
nothing
> > but fishing related stuff, including spam?
>

> Think that's a bit of an over reaction on your part.
>
> I've been around here for a spell Tim. Obviously I get some pleasure out
> of ROFF or I wouldn't post here. Excuse me for wanting more fishing
> related posts. It's not meant as a personal insult toward you!
>
> Your response is pretty common. It seems to me that there are two things
> that are "taboo" on ROFF - insulting members of a poster's family and
> criticizing "ROFF".
>
> Willi

Ken Fortenberry
February 5th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Jonathan Cook wrote:

> Nope, ROFF voted ...

That "vote" was just a sop to Waldo who wanted to infrequently
SPAM us with "special" sales. I don't abide by no "vote". I have
ZERO tolerance for SPAM and no amount of "voting" is gonna make
a damn bit of difference to me.

The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
the door to anything else, we're screwed.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc
February 5th, 2004, 09:31 PM
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:08:48 -0700, Willi > wrote:

>IMO, there's a big difference between a one time post about a fly
>fishing related item and some broad based spam distribution.

It would have been OK if he'd included a recipe, like:

Title: Grise Fiord Seal Stew
Yield: 1 Batch

Ingredients

1 seal meat
1 soya sauce
1 flour
1 stew veggies: potatoes and
1 onions, carrots, celery, etc
2 ts soya sauce
2 ts corn starch
2 ts beef soup base

Instructions

From Parnee Noah of Grise Fiord on Ellesmere Island in Nunavut,
Canada's most northernly civilian settlement. [Alert Air Force
Station and Eureka Weather Station are further north but are not
really communities in the normal sense of the word.]

Cut up seal meat into small chunks. Marinade overnight in soya sauce.
Using a plastic shaking bag, flour the meat and then deep fry it.
Proceed as for basic beef stew. Flavour with more soya sauce, add
beef soup base if the stock needs enriching and thicken with corn
starch.

Recipe by: Parnee Noah, Grise Fiord
Source: News/North, www.nnsl.com

--
Charlie...

Tim J.
February 5th, 2004, 09:35 PM
"Greg Pavlov" wrote...
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:22:15 +0800, "tony weall"
> > wrote:
>
> >its ok to insult members of my family the ones that dont fish anyway silly
> >bloody kids just crawl around all day crying and pooping there pants
>
> Most of them eventually grow up.

So their poop gets bigger?
--
TL,
Tim

Stephen Welsh
February 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in
:

> Larry wrote:
>> Actually, this is real high quality stuff. ...
>
> Actually, that's totally beside the point.

Darn right, it is beside the point ...
weed out the *******s.

Here's another couple of recent ones you appear to have missed:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K38814057
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2D816057
http://makeashorterlink.com/?R3A821057

Steve

Ken Fortenberry
February 5th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Charlie Choc wrote of some guy SPAMming roff:

> It would have been OK if he'd included a recipe, ...

That's several times now you've made snide and disparaging
remarks about recipes on roff.

If recipes bother you that much maybe you should call for a
"vote" to ban them from roff. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Stan Gula
February 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
"tony weall" > wrote in message
. ..
> its ok to insult members of my family the ones that dont fish anyway silly
> bloody kids just crawl around all day crying and pooping there pants

<splork><ork>

..

Scott Seidman
February 5th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in
:

> Jonathan Cook wrote:
>>
>> Nope, ROFF voted ...
>
> That "vote" was just a sop to Waldo who wanted to infrequently
> SPAM us with "special" sales. I don't abide by no "vote". I have
> ZERO tolerance for SPAM and no amount of "voting" is gonna make
> a damn bit of difference to me.
>
> The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
> signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
> the door to anything else, we're screwed.

Where the hell is Waldo, anyway?

Scott

Charlie Choc
February 5th, 2004, 10:05 PM
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:50:16 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>Charlie Choc wrote of some guy SPAMming roff:
>>
>> It would have been OK if he'd included a recipe, ...
>
>That's several times now you've made snide and disparaging
>remarks about recipes on roff.

Seal Meat
Stir Fry
(Serves 4-6)

1 lb. Cleaned boneless seal meat
1 marinade recipe
8 oz frozen steamed noodles
_ head of Broccoli florets
_ head of Cauliflower florets
1 Red Pepper cut into strips
1 Green Pepper cut into strips
1 large Carrot cut into coins
_ Cup Bean Sprouts
_ Cup Snow Peas
1/8 Cup Sesame Oil
Sesame Seeds for Garnish
1 Tsp. Cornstarch

Marinade:
_ Cup Light Soya Sauce
1 Clove Garlic
_ Cup Red Onion (Julienne)
_ Cup Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp. Chili Paste
2 oz. Fresh Ground Ginger

Place seal in marinade for 1 hour. In a wok or large frying pan, pour
sesame oil & heat until smoking. Add remaining vegetable. Mix
cornstarch with left over marinade & add to seal & vegetables. Cook
additional 2 minutes. Steam noodles. Place Contents of wok over
steamed noodles & garnish with sesame seeds.

--
Charlie...

Scott Seidman
February 5th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Charlie Choc > wrote in
:

> Seal Meat
> Stir Fry
> (Serves 4-6)

Does the seal need to be bashed good, or is it just lightly clubbed?

Scott

rw
February 5th, 2004, 10:40 PM
On 2004-02-05 14:29:53 -0700, Ken Fortenberry
> said:
>
> The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
> signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
> the door to anything else, we're screwed.

Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get better!
Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html jim

... and what's the ****ing difference? :-)

ezflyfisher
February 6th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Willi wrote:
>

>> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...
>

> Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
> turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
> they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
> us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
> SPAMmers business rather than help it.
>
> Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.

the only thing that keeps me from advertising here ken... is your
wrath.... and the fact that i'd rather impale my right orb with a 9/0
upturned eye salmon hook...

makes me tremble all over like the first time i saw cindy ciccone
topless back in the 7th grade.

--Wally Gatah ;-) tied up a cool 9/0 the other day... can't wait to try
is somewhere....
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

ezflyfisher
February 6th, 2004, 12:15 AM
ken, you really do need to get out more.

wally

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Jonathan Cook wrote:
>

>> Nope, ROFF voted ...
>

> That "vote" was just a sop to Waldo who wanted to infrequently
> SPAM us with "special" sales. I don't abide by no "vote". I have
> ZERO tolerance for SPAM and no amount of "voting" is gonna make
> a damn bit of difference to me.
>
> The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
> signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
> the door to anything else, we're screwed.

--
Thanks & Tight Lines!

--Walt
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

ezflyfisher
February 6th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Scott Seidman wrote:

> Where the hell is Waldo, anyway?
>
> Scott

thanks for askin scott.... been busy trying to "upgrade" the business to
the year 2004... or at least 2002. so far, spent a buncha bucks with no
visible results... not even a light at the end of the tunnel....

waldo.... gawdang this pos crap.

ezflyfisher
February 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
jim smith wrote:

> Well I thought to be honest that on topic sales were allowed in the
> Group. I only posted in ROFFT and ROFF where I thought it was on topic.
> I thought it would be OK. Now I know better I will not post again. Sorry
> if I have offended. We never were famous for our knowledge of etiquette
> in Yorkshire. Jim

Jim.... here's a example of what could be construed as "acceptable",
even by forty's standards.

cool jimbob seal fly

hook: tiemco 5005abc
thread: whatever floats yer boat
dubbing: world famous dyed jimbob seal dubbin'
thorax: whatever you want

step 1: blah blah blah
step 2: blah blah blah
step 3: blah blah blah
step 4: blah blah blah
step 5: blah blah blah
step 6: blah blah blah
step 7: blah blah blah

happy tyin'

--Jim
jimbob fur dubbin: http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html

Tim J.
February 6th, 2004, 12:34 AM
"ezflyfisher" wrote...
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> > Willi wrote:
> >>
> >> For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...
> >
> > Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
> > turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
> > they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
> > us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
> > SPAMmers business rather than help it.
> >
> > Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.
>
> the only thing that keeps me from advertising here ken... is your
> wrath.... and the fact that i'd rather impale my right orb with a 9/0
> upturned eye salmon hook...
>
> makes me tremble all over like the first time i saw cindy ciccone
> topless back in the 7th grade.
>
> --Wally Gatah ;-) tied up a cool 9/0 the other day... can't wait to try
> is somewhere....

Based on another one of your posts, that could be a while. Have you had any luck
with finding some new personnel, or are you waiting for Spring? BTW, what's
wrong with 2002 - it was a good year. ;-)

> North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
> http://www.ezflyfish.com
> http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

Freakin' spammer.
--
TL,
Tim

ezflyfisher
February 6th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Tim J. wrote:

> Based on another one of your posts, that could be a while. Have you had any luck
> with finding some new personnel, or are you waiting for Spring? BTW, what's
> wrong with 2002 - it was a good year. ;-)

2002 would be fine... i'm still using 90's technology and software.

i'd mention the fishin' i've enjoyed recently ,,,, but the last time i
did i suffered the wrath of god.

> Freakin' spammer.

i ain't got time to mention all the great deals ;-)

Tight Lines!

--Walt ;-)
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

Jeff Miller
February 6th, 2004, 01:50 AM
funniest post in weeks... but, i've been spending way too much time in
court, and reading the shrub's latest comments...

jeff

rb608 wrote:

> "Tim J."wrote in message
>
>>Anyone wanna buy a nude picture of Janet?
>

> Jackson or Reno?
>
> Joe F.

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 03:14 AM
says...
> Willi wrote:
> >
> > For sure! Those vendors are just waiting in line ...
>
> Those innocuous looking "one time" advertisements would very quickly
> turn into an avalanche of advertising if people were convinced that
> they could advertise here to good effect. The only thing that protects
> us from tons and tons of SPAM is our insistence that it will harm the
> SPAMmers business rather than help it.
>
> Anyone who does not know this to be fact is a fool.

What is your definition of spam? Serious question.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

February 6th, 2004, 03:23 AM
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:26:01 GMT, ezflyfisher
> wrote:

>Jim.... here's a example of what could be construed as "acceptable",
>even by forty's standards.
>
>cool jimbob seal fly
>
>hook: tiemco 5005abc
>thread: whatever floats yer boat
>dubbing: world famous dyed jimbob seal dubbin'
>thorax: whatever you want
>

>step 1: blah blah blah
>step 2: blah blah blah
>step 3: blah blah blah
>step 4: blah blah blah
>step 5: blah blah blah
>step 6: blah blah blah
>step 7: blah blah blah
>
>happy tyin'
>
>--Jim
>jimbob fur dubbin: http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html

Yep. Perfect.

It gives us the idea, correctly or not, that the person advertising
his / her stuff is a participant in the group and has something to
offer us other than an exchange of their goods for our money.

I have seen a group almost totally destroyed by on topic ads.
Everyone either fought it, fought about it, or left because the
conversation was hard to find in the midst of the, "I've got this
lovely whatever, come and see it and buy some..." And one of the
reasons given by many of the new advertisers was, "I've seen other ads
in here, why are you yelling at me?" I have no idea what eventually
happened to that group, as I left it, too.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 03:27 AM
says...
> 2002 would be fine... i'm still using 90's technology and software.

That's okay because that is when Ken quit being a sensible, rational
person.

**** Yellowstone Kenny. <bseg>

> i ain't got time to mention all the great deals ;-)

I wish you would because that way I wouldn't have to keep looking.
Walt, you can email me your "great deals" *ANY* time. As a matter of
fact, I am *requesting* that you do so that I can have first shot. :-)
--
Warren (waiting to use up this gift certificate plus some)
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 03:59 AM
says...
> Charlie Choc > wrote in
> :
>
> > Seal Meat
> > Stir Fry
> > (Serves 4-6)
> >

> Does the seal need to be bashed good, or is it just lightly clubbed?

And what is the method(s)/recipe(s) for liberal democrats?
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 05:00 AM
says...
> Ken Fortenberry > wrote in
> :
>
> > Larry wrote:
> >> Actually, this is real high quality stuff. ...
> >
> > Actually, that's totally beside the point.
> >

> Darn right, it is beside the point ...
> weed out the *******s.
>
> Here's another couple of recent ones you appear to have missed:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?K38814057

Let's see, five posts in nine months.....

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2D816057

Okay, a sixth.

> http://makeashorterlink.com/?R3A821057

Ohmigod! You found TWO people and seven posts in nine years?!?!?!

[in Conan's voice]
Check this out my baby!:

"Politics"
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E6C523157

= 98 posts

"OT" without the words "re or political"
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G5F521157

= 86 posts

Let's see, one "regular" and 184 ORIGINAL posts that were either OT or
political. AND I took out replies to OT posts and replies to political
posts. Your two spammers were how many posts again? Seven? So we
could tolerate roughly 92 spammers per Ken. Yeah, great stats.......
--
Warren aka "Booger" (hey, the Bozo Bin has a seven day rule expiration)
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 05:04 AM
says...
> Jonathan Cook wrote:
> >
> > Nope, ROFF voted ...
>
> That "vote" was just a sop to Waldo who wanted to infrequently
> SPAM us with "special" sales. I don't abide by no "vote". I have
> ZERO tolerance for SPAM and no amount of "voting" is gonna make
> a damn bit of difference to me.
>
> The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
> signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
> the door to anything else, we're screwed.

So I guess it would have been okay if the original post was "OT: Seal
dubbing." Pushing a product or political platform; what's the diff? Oh
yeah, products result in fewer messages than your political beliefs.....
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 05:06 AM
says...
> On 2004-02-05 14:29:53 -0700, Ken Fortenberry
> > said:
> >
> > The ONLY way to advertise here is to include a (4 lines or less)
> > signature on your contributions to the newsgroup. Once we open
> > the door to anything else, we're screwed.

> Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get better!
> Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html jim
> Cut "to the chase" for my email address.
>
> .. and what's the ****ing difference? :-)

Ken's personal approval.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 05:22 AM
says...
> Jim.... here's a example of what could be construed as "acceptable",
> even by forty's standards.
>
> cool jimbob seal fly

Or maybe something along the lines of:

Coral 0, medium olive 27.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Stephen Welsh
February 6th, 2004, 05:45 AM
troutbum_mt > wrote in
:

> Ohmigod! You found TWO people and seven posts in nine years?!?!?!

You missed the point Warren.

:-)

Steve

Wayne Harrison
February 6th, 2004, 06:38 AM
"troutbum_mt" > wrote in message
> says...
> > Charlie Choc > wrote in
> > :
> >
> > > Seal Meat
> > > Stir Fry
> > > (Serves 4-6)
> > >

> > Does the seal need to be bashed good, or is it just lightly clubbed?
>
> And what is the method(s)/recipe(s) for liberal democrats?

get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.

yfitons
wayno(liberal democrat since childhood)

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 07:07 AM
says...
> > And what is the method(s)/recipe(s) for liberal democrats?
>
> get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.
>
> yfitons
> wayno(liberal democrat since childhood)

LOL!

PERFECT! Thanks for the laughs wayno! <g>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 6th, 2004, 07:16 AM
says...
> troutbum_mt > wrote in
> :
>
> > Ohmigod! You found TWO people and seven posts in nine years?!?!?!
> >

> You missed the point Warren.
>
> :-)

No, I got the point and was merely demonstrating it so "someone else"
would get it. "Some" people aren't about to examine their own actions
in this regard so I thought I would make it easier for Ken, I mean him,
I mean "them."

<G>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Kevin Vang
February 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM
In article >,
says...

> get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.

Memo to self: Never, never, never, never, ever eat or drink anything
while anywhere near wayno.

Kevin

Stephen Welsh
February 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
troutbum_mt > wrote in news:MPG.1a8ced375f8774db989698
@News.CIS.DFN.DE:

> No, I got the point and was merely demonstrating it so "someone else"
> would get it.

D'oh! Sorry, I should have looked at the you provided links more closely.

Steve (points? ... who needs'em anyway :-)

Ken Fortenberry
February 6th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Stephen Welsh wrote:
> troutbum_mt wrote:
>
>>No, I got the point ...
>
> <snip>
> Steve (points? ...

The only thing you two would notice about a point is the
whooshing sound it makes as it flies right over your pointy
little heads.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Stephen Welsh
February 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in
:

> Stephen Welsh wrote:
>> troutbum_mt wrote:
>>
>>>No, I got the point ...
>>
> > <snip>
>> Steve (points? ...
>
> The only thing you two would notice about a point is the
> whooshing sound it makes as it flies right over your pointy
> little heads.

Well that's a start at least.

Steve

Willi
February 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM
troutbum_mt wrote:

> Let's see, one "regular" and 184 ORIGINAL posts that were either OT or
> political. AND I took out replies to OT posts and replies to political
> posts. Your two spammers were how many posts again? Seven? So we
> could tolerate roughly 92 spammers per Ken. Yeah, great stats.......

Hey Booger!

Where'd you pick up that nickname?

Willi

daytripper
February 7th, 2004, 12:18 AM
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:11:20 -0700, Willi > wrote:

>troutbum_mt wrote:
>

>> Let's see, one "regular" and 184 ORIGINAL posts that were either OT or
>> political. AND I took out replies to OT posts and replies to political
>> posts. Your two spammers were how many posts again? Seven? So we
>> could tolerate roughly 92 spammers per Ken. Yeah, great stats.......
>

>Hey Booger!
>
>Where'd you pick up that nickname?

Whoa! That runs a *VERY* high risk of receiving More Than You Wanted To Know!

/daytripper ("ELEVATE THREAT INDEX TO CONDITION ORANGE, STAT!" ;-)

daytripper
February 7th, 2004, 12:19 AM
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:38:20 GMT, "Wayne Harrison" > wrote:

>"troutbum_mt" > wrote in message
>> says...
>> > Charlie Choc > wrote in
>> > :

>> > Does the seal need to be bashed good, or is it just lightly clubbed?
>>
>> And what is the method(s)/recipe(s) for liberal democrats?
>
> get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.
>
>yfitons
>wayno(liberal democrat since childhood)

THAT'S MY DOG, Y'ALL!

/daytripper (tip o' the bong to ya, ya rascal ;-)

troutbum_mt
February 7th, 2004, 03:11 AM
says...
> Hey Booger!
>
> Where'd you pick up that nickname?

Wolfgang :-)
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Wolfgang
February 7th, 2004, 05:25 AM
"troutbum_mt" > wrote in message
> says...
> > Hey Booger!
> >
> > Where'd you pick up that nickname?
>
> Wolfgang :-)

Peekaboo.

Wolfgang
who's got'cher killfile hangin'.

Wolfgang
February 7th, 2004, 05:56 AM
wrote:

> > get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.

> THAT'S MY DOG, Y'ALL!

I think not. Pay close attention to the order of the penultimate and
ultimate indignities.

Wolfgang
man's best friend? :(

daytripper
February 7th, 2004, 06:15 PM
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:56:21 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:38:20 GMT, "Wayne Harrison" >
>wrote:
>
>> > get it high on acid and **** it after you eat it.
>
>> THAT'S MY DOG, Y'ALL!
>
>I think not. Pay close attention to the order of the penultimate and
>ultimate indignities.

Mmmm....No, he has the order correct, at least by any social norms ;-)

/daytripper (metaphors can often be difficult to comprehend...)

Wolfgang
February 7th, 2004, 11:20 PM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:56:21 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:
>

> >"daytripper" > wrote in message

> >> THAT'S MY DOG, Y'ALL!
> >
> >I think not. Pay close attention to the order of the penultimate and
> >ultimate indignities.
>
> Mmmm....No, he has the order correct, at least by any social norms ;-)

Depends on whether they're human or canine norms, I think.

> /daytripper (metaphors can often be difficult to comprehend...)

As can observations on ambiguities, it seems. :)

Wolfgang

daytripper
February 8th, 2004, 12:00 AM
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:20:38 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message

>> >I think not. Pay close attention to the order of the penultimate and
>> >ultimate indignities.
>>
>> Mmmm....No, he has the order correct, at least by any social norms ;-)
>
>Depends on whether they're human or canine norms, I think.

You mean you thought this was about doggies?!?

/daytripper (that's sweet ;-)

snakefiddler
February 8th, 2004, 12:12 AM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:20:38 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

> >> Mmmm....No, he has the order correct, at least by any social norms ;-)
> >
> >Depends on whether they're human or canine norms, I think.
>
> You mean you thought this was about doggies?!?
>
> /daytripper (that's sweet ;-)

LOL ;))

Snakefiddler

Wayne Harrison
February 8th, 2004, 12:23 AM
"daytripper" > wrote

> You mean you thought this was about doggies?!?
>
> /daytripper (that's sweet ;-)

thank god at least two of you got it.

yfitons
wayno (and a cigar for the lady from boone...)

snakefiddler
February 8th, 2004, 12:50 AM
"Wayne Harrison" > wrote in message

> "daytripper" > wrote
>
> > You mean you thought this was about doggies?!?
> >
> > /daytripper (that's sweet ;-)
>
> thank god at least two of you got it.
>
> yfitons
> wayno (and a cigar for the lady from boone...)

ROTFL, Uncle Wayno :}}

Snakefiddler-gotta light?

Wolfgang
February 8th, 2004, 12:59 AM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:20:38 -0600, "Wolfgang" > wrote:

> >> Mmmm....No, he has the order correct, at least by any social norms ;-)
> >
> >Depends on whether they're human or canine norms, I think.
>
> You mean you thought this was about doggies?!?

Dogs? Um...... no, I thought it was about seals. :(

> /daytripper (that's sweet ;-)

Thank you.

Wolfgang
who is trying to recall the last time he saw a thread on roff that's about
what it was about.