PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly! I'm in trouble

John Lindsey
February 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM
From Texas Game Warden Field notes:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/field_notes.phtml

Never Underestimate a Warden - Howard and Midland county Game Wardens
observed a couple of elderly gentlemen fishing and catching trout. When one
warden approached the men and asked them how they were doing, one of the men
stated, "Just fine," but he wasn't fishing. "I'm just helping my friend get
this bird's nest out of his line." The warden told the gentlemen, "I bet
your left hand not only smells like fish but will also have an evergreen
scent on it too as you just caught a trout (using this rod) and threw it
back at 4:45 p.m. and reached over and grabbed a branch of this tree right
here (officer pointed to the exact branch) and stripped your hand down it to
get the slime off your hand." At this point the elderly gentleman gasped
(with eyes and mouth wide open) and stated, "Holy moly. I'm in
trouble!!!!!!"

Always a good read! LOL

Good Luck

John

Memphis Jim
February 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
"John Lindsey" > wrote in message
> From Texas Game Warden Field notes:
> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/field_notes.phtml
>
> Never Underestimate a Warden -

I was fishing on a tailwater stream in Arkansas with my back to a low water
island when I looked out the corner of my eye and was surprised by a
gamewarden (or maybe it was a paid assassin) slinking along silently wearing
full camoflague and towing a small johnboat. He gestured for me to be
silent, and he went on around the island to sting several guided parties
that were beached on the far side of the island.

Given the propensity of Arkansas guides to catch their limit in the morning,
cook it up for lunch, and catch their limit again in the afternoon, the
warden was likely about to issue some surprise citations.

Memphis Jim

Ernie
February 6th, 2004, 05:00 PM
> "John Lindsey" > wrote in message
> > From Texas Game Warden Field notes:
> > http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/field_notes.phtml
> >
> > Never Underestimate a Warden -

I have never been checked by a Game Warden while trout fishing.
I was checked by one once while claming. We drove to the ocean
over the sand dunes in a jeep so we wouldn't have to walk so far.
We had our limit and started to leave when a game warden about a
quarter of a mile down the beach started coming our way. When he
saw we were leaving he started hollering and running down the
beach. My cousin didn't like the guy so he said just keep
walking and pretend like we can't hear him. We all arrived at
the jeep at the same time, but the Game Warden was so out of
breath he could hardly talk. He checked our clams, which were
all legal, and said why didn't you stop when I hollered. My
cousin smiled and said we didn't hear you because of the wind and
the waves. We went home and cooked up some great Razor Back
Clams.
Ernie

Ernie
February 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
"Greg Pavlov" > wrote in message

> I view game wardens, conservation officers, etc
> to be on my side rather than people to make life
> difficult for and brag about it.

I agree,
It wasn't because he was a Game Warden, it was because he was an
ass.

JR
February 7th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Ernie wrote:

> "Greg Pavlov" > wrote in message
> >
> > I view game wardens, conservation officers, etc
> > to be on my side rather than people to make life
> > difficult for and brag about it.
>
> I agree,
> It wasn't because he was a Game Warden, it was because he was an
> ass.

No offense, Ernie, but it seems to me, without knowing either the warden
or your cousin, just reading your story......

"My cousin didn't like the guy so he said just keep
walking and pretend like we can't hear him.".......

"....... My
cousin smiled and said we didn't hear you because of the wind and
the waves."

....... that it wasn't the warden who was the ass.

JR

Ernie
February 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
"JR" > wrote in message
> Ernie wrote:
> > "Greg Pavlov" > wrote in message
> > > I view game wardens, conservation officers, etc
> > > to be on my side rather than people to make life
> > > difficult for and brag about it.

> > I agree,
> > It wasn't because he was a Game Warden, it was because he was
an
> > ass.

> No offense, Ernie, but it seems to me, without knowing either
the warden
> or your cousin, just reading your story......
> "My cousin didn't like the guy so he said just keep
> walking and pretend like we can't hear him.".......
> "....... My
> cousin smiled and said we didn't hear you because of the wind
and
> the waves."
> ...... that it wasn't the warden who was the ass.
> JR

JR,
In the first place I wasn't bragging about it, just telling an
incident when a warden checked my license.
In the second place you don't know me, my cousin or the
warden and since you never will you will just have to take my
word for it, the guy was an ass.
If you don't want to do that, use your kill file, It won't
hurt my feelings.
Ernie

Willi
February 8th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Ernie wrote:

> JR,
> In the first place I wasn't bragging about it, just telling an
> incident when a warden checked my license.
> In the second place you don't know me, my cousin or the
> warden and since you never will you will just have to take my
> word for it, the guy was an ass.
> If you don't want to do that, use your kill file, It won't
> hurt my feelings.

Seems to me that you're taking that a bit personal.

Maybe you didn't write your original posts as well as you should have
but I read it the same as JR and Greg.

Willi