PDA

View Full Version : West Yellowstone Airport

riverman
February 7th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Who flies there besides Horizon and SkyWest? Anyone else?

--riverman
(making plans, checking them twice....)

Chas Wade
February 7th, 2004, 07:06 PM
"riverman" > wrote:
>Who flies there besides Horizon and SkyWest? Anyone else?
>
>--riverman
>(making plans, checking them twice....)

While you're checking them twice, make sure you have the right airport.
Last summer my brother in law scheduled a flight out of Yellowstone
airport. We arrived 2 hours early whicj was serious overkill for West
Yellowstone, but dioscovered that Yellowstone Airport is now in Cody
Wyoming about a 4 hour drive away. Cody is Yellowstone Regional
airport now, a new enough name that it's not on the FAA chart on the
wall in West Yellowstone.

Check the airport codes and make sure you land in the right state.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

troutbum_mt
February 8th, 2004, 04:03 AM
says...
> Who flies there besides Horizon and SkyWest? Anyone else?

Don't fly into West Yellowstone. Fly into Bozeman! It is cheaper and I
will pick you up at the airport as well as provide room and board.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Charlie Choc
February 8th, 2004, 12:28 PM
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:03:50 -0700, troutbum_mt > wrote:

says...
>> Who flies there besides Horizon and SkyWest? Anyone else?
>
>Don't fly into West Yellowstone. Fly into Bozeman! It is cheaper and I
>will pick you up at the airport as well as provide room and board.

I think you'll be at clave central when he comes in. I told him West
Yellowstone was the closest to there, with Bozeman probably next
closest and certainly more flight selection.
--
Charlie...

Joe McIntosh
February 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM

> I think you'll be at clave central when he comes in. I told him West
> Yellowstone was the closest to there, with Bozeman probably next
> closest and certainly more flight selection.
> --
> Charlie...

Ij says --pretty long range plans but I will probably be picking up
Jeff Miller at Bozeman AP on Sat July 10 if anyone needs a ride. keep in
touch

Charlie Choc
February 8th, 2004, 03:21 PM
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 15:16:07 GMT, "Joe McIntosh"
> wrote:

>Ij says --pretty long range plans but I will probably be picking up
>Jeff Miller at Bozeman AP on Sat July 10 if anyone needs a ride. keep in
>touch

My wife will probably be flying out of either West Yellowstone or
Bozeman on the 10th, so I may be there too.
--
Charlie...

troutbum_mt
February 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM
says...
> I think you'll be at clave central when he comes in. I told him West
> Yellowstone was the closest to there, with Bozeman probably next
> closest and certainly more flight selection.

The drive from Clave Central to Bozeman is only like 90 miles, which by
Montana standards is "just down the road," and takes you through some of
the best scenery around. Using Bozeman's flight selection, a guy could
plan on picking somebody up in Bozeman and still get a long day of
fishing in on the Gallatin since it runs down 191 all the way to
Belgrade where the airport is. The Gallatin is a very cool river to
fish and I wouldn't mind making the trip to pick riverman up and spend
some time fishing the Gallatin. The "effort" is worth it if it saves
people a couple hundred dollars IMO.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Charlie Choc
February 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:38:32 -0700, troutbum_mt > wrote:

>The drive from Clave Central to Bozeman is only like 90 miles, which by
>Montana standards is "just down the road," and takes you through some of
>the best scenery around. Using Bozeman's flight selection, a guy could
>plan on picking somebody up in Bozeman and still get a long day of
>fishing in on the Gallatin since it runs down 191 all the way to
>Belgrade where the airport is. The Gallatin is a very cool river to
>fish and I wouldn't mind making the trip to pick riverman up and spend
>some time fishing the Gallatin. The "effort" is worth it if it saves
>people a couple hundred dollars IMO.

Actually, I think Myron would rather fly into Billings - he has
America West miles to use. Billings was just a little farther than I
wanted to drive round trip from clave central. <g>
--
Charlie...

troutbum_mt
February 8th, 2004, 06:11 PM
says...
> Actually, I think Myron would rather fly into Billings - he has
> America West miles to use. Billings was just a little farther than I
> wanted to drive round trip from clave central. <g>

Billings is a bit far. The trip would turn into a 200 mile trip each
way and is one that I won't offer to make. <g> Bozeman is by far the
best choice IMO and I wouldn't mind picking him up there.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

riverman
February 9th, 2004, 02:26 PM
troutbum_mt > wrote in message >...
> says...
> > Actually, I think Myron would rather fly into Billings - he has
> > America West miles to use. Billings was just a little farther than I
> > wanted to drive round trip from clave central. <g>
>
> Billings is a bit far. The trip would turn into a 200 mile trip each
> way and is one that I won't offer to make. <g> Bozeman is by far the
> best choice IMO and I wouldn't mind picking him up there.

Flying into Bozeman and fishing the Gallatin on the way down sounds
like an excellent plan, Warren, and I appreciate the offer of a
pickup! Between you and Charlie, I seem to have my bases covered:
thanks!

I have multiple permutations of my travel plans, but my hope is to use
my AWest miles to fly somewhere close to Bozeman or WYS, and then buy
a ticket to whichever airport has the most convenient connection.
Either way, I'll be coming in from Boston that day so it might be an
evening arrival. If so, which evening is best to arrive in Bozeman;
the 7th or the 8th?

--riverman

William Claspy
February 9th, 2004, 03:11 PM
On 2/7/04 11:03 PM, in article ,
"troutbum_mt" > wrote:

> says...
>> Who flies there besides Horizon and SkyWest? Anyone else?
>
> Don't fly into West Yellowstone. Fly into Bozeman! It is cheaper and I
> will pick you up at the airport as well as provide room and board.

What about flying into Jackson? At one point I could get a frequent flyer
ticket into Jackson but not Bozeman. Haven't checked in a while though.

Bill

troutbum_mt
February 10th, 2004, 03:02 AM
says...
> Flying into Bozeman and fishing the Gallatin on the way down sounds
> like an excellent plan, Warren, and I appreciate the offer of a
> pickup! Between you and Charlie, I seem to have my bases covered:
> thanks!

Not a problem! I think that you will enjoy the change of scenery.

> I have multiple permutations of my travel plans, but my hope is to use
> my AWest miles to fly somewhere close to Bozeman or WYS, and then buy
> a ticket to whichever airport has the most convenient connection.
> Either way, I'll be coming in from Boston that day so it might be an
> evening arrival. If so, which evening is best to arrive in Bozeman;
> the 7th or the 8th?

You probably already have this, but here's a link that may help you pick
which airport to fly from:
http://www.gallatinfield.com/flightschedules.asp

Whatever dates works best for you, work for me. You don't have to limit
yourself to evenings either. My schedule is pretty flexible so do what
is easiest for you. Be prepared to fish though. ;-)
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

troutbum_mt
February 10th, 2004, 03:13 AM
says...
> What about flying into Jackson? At one point I could get a frequent flyer
> ticket into Jackson but not Bozeman. Haven't checked in a while though.

Jackson is 2 and a half hours from West Yellowstone. If you can get a
frequent flyer ticket, it would probably be worth the effort. Depending
on the route you take, you would get to drive through Yellowstone and
Grand Teton NPs or by the Henry's Fork and see a lot of nice country
either way. You may even be able to hitch a ride with somebody coming
from that direction.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

Michael Makela
February 25th, 2004, 04:40 AM
William Claspy > wrote:
> What about flying into Jackson? At one point I could get a frequent flyer
> ticket into Jackson but not Bozeman. Haven't checked in a while though.
>
> Bill

Bill,

Have the same issue as you, had a freebie on an airline that only came
as close as Jackson Hole (American Airlines) Just booked a flight to
fly in on Thursday the 8th. I'll poke around for a day or two before
the official start date for the Clave. If you fly in and/or out on a
similar schedule look me up, we could make the drive together. I'm
leaving on the 17th.

Mike

troutbum_mt
February 25th, 2004, 09:13 AM
says...
> Have the same issue as you, had a freebie on an airline that only came
> as close as Jackson Hole (American Airlines) Just booked a flight to
> fly in on Thursday the 8th. I'll poke around for a day or two before
> the official start date for the Clave. If you fly in and/or out on a
> similar schedule look me up, we could make the drive together. I'm
> leaving on the 17th.

*IF* there are two of you, I could be convinced to come down and pick
your asses up. ;-)
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

William Claspy
February 25th, 2004, 02:48 PM
On 2/25/04 4:13 AM, in article
, "troutbum_mt"
> wrote:

> says...
>> Have the same issue as you, had a freebie on an airline that only came
>> as close as Jackson Hole (American Airlines) Just booked a flight to
>> fly in on Thursday the 8th. I'll poke around for a day or two before
>> the official start date for the Clave. If you fly in and/or out on a
>> similar schedule look me up, we could make the drive together. I'm
>> leaving on the 17th.
>
> *IF* there are two of you, I could be convinced to come down and pick
> your asses up. ;-)

Now THERE'S a pick up line I haven't heard... :-)

Thanks for the offer Warren- and Mike. I still haven't figured out summer
travel plans, but the clave is definitely on the list. Hopefully I'll know
by Penns and we can discuss then.

Bill

Michael Makela
February 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
troutbum_mt > wrote in message

> *IF* there are two of you, I could be convinced to come down and pick
> your asses up. ;-)

Sounds great. You could keep me from aimlessly wandering too much on
the way up to the Clave. Jeff was contimplating flying into Jackson
Hole too so there could be a few of us.

I'll drop you that e-mail soon,

Mike

Michael Makela
February 27th, 2004, 04:18 AM
William Claspy > wrote:

> Thanks for the offer Warren- and Mike. I still haven't figured out summer
> travel plans, but the clave is definitely on the list. Hopefully I'll know
> by Penns and we can discuss then.
>
> Bill

Sounds great, good topics for the few moments between sleeping and
fishing. Didn't get to tour with you on Penn's last year we'll have
to change that this year. Camping at Hemlock this year?

Mike

William Claspy
February 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2/26/04 11:18 PM, in article
, "Michael Makela"
> wrote:

> William Claspy > wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the offer Warren- and Mike. I still haven't figured out summer
>> travel plans, but the clave is definitely on the list. Hopefully I'll know
>> by Penns and we can discuss then.
>>
>> Bill
>
> Sounds great, good topics for the few moments between sleeping and
> fishing. Didn't get to tour with you on Penn's last year we'll have
> to change that this year.

Absolutely! And if someone wants to show me some of the smaller water in
the neighborhood, I'd be up for that too.

> Camping at Hemlock this year?

Yep. Tent this year, most likely.

Bill

Michael Makela
March 6th, 2004, 06:42 AM
William Claspy > wrote

> Absolutely! And if someone wants to show me some of the smaller water in
> the neighborhood, I'd be up for that too.

Can do, there's some close by Clave Central and pretty much anywhere
you travel, you just need to know which ones are better.

> > Camping at Hemlock this year?
>
> Yep. Tent this year, most likely.
>
> Bill

Still trying to figure out the latter part of the week, may be camping
myself. I think I'll be staying with the Southeners in Cherry Run the
first few days.

Make sure you drop me a line before the trip, it tends to be a bit
crazy in late April and May, but that last week before the Penn's
Clave, I'll be playing the Mr. Mom role while the wife is away in
Florida, and will be surfing extensively that week.

Mike