PDA

View Full Version : Poude canyon

Jim
February 8th, 2004, 12:03 AM
What time of year would be the best to fish the poude river as I am now
retired and can go just about any time

Thanks in advance

Jim

Charlie Wilson
February 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Assuming you mean the Poudre Canyon, I like it best between ice off and
spring runoff, which is between late March (at the earliest) and late May.

"Jim" > wrote in message
> What time of year would be the best to fish the poude river as I am now
> retired and can go just about any time

Willi
February 8th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Charlie Wilson wrote:

> Assuming you mean the Poudre Canyon, I like it best between ice off and
> spring runoff, which is between late March (at the earliest) and late May.
>
> "Jim" > wrote in message
>
>>What time of year would be the best to fish the poude river as I am now
>>retired and can go just about any time

Like Charlie, pre runoff is one of my favorites too. It keep getting
better until it gets great just before runoff starts. After runoff the
fishing is good until the water warms. Then mornings and evenings are
best. Fall gets the fish moving again. Lots of public water on the
river. I try and avoid the couple of most popular areas that get, by
far, the most pressure.

Willi