PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 - Swapmeister PC problems

rb608
February 9th, 2004, 12:55 PM
No big deal, I expect; but I'm having a chronic problem w/ the PC that keeps
giving me a BSOD with the message "Error writing to Drive C:" . I'm no
expert, but I think that's a bad thing. Anyhoo, it's going up to the
fixer-upper folks today (under warranty), & I'll be offline until whenever.
So if you don't hear from me that your flies have arrived, that's why.
Don't panic. I should be back soon with a long list of arrivals.

YOMAS,
Joe Fleischman

Hans van der Stroom
February 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM
"Svend Tang-Petersen" > schreef in bericht
> rb608 wrote:
>
> > No big deal, I expect; but I'm having a chronic problem w/ the PC that
keeps
> > giving me a BSOD with the message "Error writing to Drive C:" . I'm no
> > expert, but I think that's a bad thing. Anyhoo, it's going up to the
> > fixer-upper folks today (under warranty), & I'll be offline until
whenever.
> > So if you don't hear from me that your flies have arrived, that's why.
> > Don't panic. I should be back soon with a long list of arrivals.
> >
> > YOMAS,
> > Joe Fleischman
>
> I hope you do regular backups. Does the system boot at all ?

Don't you think thant's a clever question while Joe was writing "Anyhoo,
it's going up to the
fixer-upper folks today (under warranty), & I'll be offline until whenever"
;-)

Lat705
February 10th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Joe

I have a legal copy of XP home version for you if you want it. It's old, all
most a beta version, so it will need (or should have) updates, but the price is
right (free). I'm in OC, so contact me by email if interested.

Lou T

rb608
February 10th, 2004, 11:46 PM
"rb608" > wrote in message
> I should be back soon with a long list of arrivals.

Hah. Back already. I have a lot of software installation to do; but all of
the good data was scraped off the old dead HD. I think I was lucky, 'cause
it made really bad noises when it finally died. Since I'd crashed only two
months earlier too, there really wasn't that much new stuff. It seems all
of the weirdness I'd been experiencing could well have been a result of a
progressive failure of the drive; but just the same, as long as I was
getting work done, I upgraded to XP Home & replaced the old 8 GB drive with
120 Gig.

As far as that long list of FS2004 package arrivals, well, I just plugged
this sucker in about an hour ago. I'll get to it soon (there's 8 of 'em).

Back in business,
Joe F.