PDA

View Full Version : You're known by the company you keep-OR-Rudolf unraveled

asadi
February 9th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Some people hunt or otherwise hang around with people who hunt. You know
the types, shoot Bambi curse Disney.
Anyhow, my friends shoot Rudolf and Damn Santa...and I've got the hide,
Rudolf's hide.

I thought it would last forever, it's been over the back of a living
room chair for a couple of years (don't sit on it) but a couple of places or
rather patches of leather have fallen off. I've tried looking at the hair
but it doesn't really tell me anything. I know deer hair is used but I
couldn't begin to say what part of the deer so I don't know if this Bambi
hair would be usable to tie flies with or not.

Mostly it is the light cream belly hair. If anyone knows they may tell
me or Tom L.can send me his address and I'll send him some samples for his
professional evaluation.

I just thought it might be nice for a couple of you guys to tie some
Santa flies.....

john

asadi
February 11th, 2004, 01:48 AM
....samples are in the mail to Mr. Littleton....soon we'll see. Oh yes we
'will' see....and know....the true meaning of christmas....

john
"asadi" > wrote in message
> Some people hunt or otherwise hang around with people who hunt. You
know
> the types, shoot Bambi curse Disney.
> Anyhow, my friends shoot Rudolf and Damn Santa...and I've got the
hide,
> Rudolf's hide.
>
> I thought it would last forever, it's been over the back of a living
> room chair for a couple of years (don't sit on it) but a couple of places
or
> rather patches of leather have fallen off. I've tried looking at the hair
> but it doesn't really tell me anything. I know deer hair is used but I
> couldn't begin to say what part of the deer so I don't know if this Bambi
> hair would be usable to tie flies with or not.
>
> Mostly it is the light cream belly hair. If anyone knows they may tell
> me or Tom L.can send me his address and I'll send him some samples for his
> professional evaluation.
>
> I just thought it might be nice for a couple of you guys to tie some
> Santa flies.....
>
> john

Tom Littleton
February 11th, 2004, 10:23 AM
John writes:
>..samples are in the mail to Mr. Littleton....soon we'll see. Oh yes we
>'will' see....and know....the true meaning of christmas....

.....and I also know who's naughty or nice...
Tom