PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeee!

Frank Church
February 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
better care of myself. :)

Returned yesterday from a very nice time in Florida, no fishing this time,
(did some lawn casting with my bro' on our newly acquired 'boos) I learned
that a 9' bamboo rod will tire my arm out in nothing flat!
We had an enjoyable time just lounging around in shorts and birkenstocks in
the swing, sipping a cold drink and wondering what the po' folks is doin'.
Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)

Frank the Elder
...and gittin elderer every day :(

Jarmo Hurri
February 10th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Frank> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long
Frank> I'da taken better care of myself. :)

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Congratulations, Frank! I think
you've reached the age where you might benefit from starting to take
care of yourself.

You need quite a cake for all those candles. Yummy.

Go south, Moses, and go fish.

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use .

Dave LaCourse
February 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Happy Birthday, Frank. Keep those balls warm.

Dave

Ken Fortenberry
February 10th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Frank Church wrote:

> Seventy one big ones today! ...

Happy Birthday old fart.

--
Ken Fortenberry

slenon
February 10th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Happy Birthday, indeed, Frank. As you no doubt know, its gonna rain in
Panama City. But at least it is Florida rain.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

George Adams
February 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Happy seventy - one Frank! Hope you see many more.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

JR
February 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Frank Church wrote:

> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

I'm told it's never too late to start, but, hell, why bother? ;)

Happy Birthday.

JR

Stan Gula
February 10th, 2004, 01:48 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

Damn, you're old! Good job!

Bill Mason
February 10th, 2004, 02:10 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

A very happy birthday to you! In your posts you don't look a day over sixty.

Cheers,
Bill

Scott Seidman
February 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Frank Church > wrote in
9.11:

> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da
> taken better care of myself. :)

Many more!!

Scott

Frank Church
February 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM
"slenon" > wrote in news:NO4Wb.118445
:

> Happy Birthday, indeed, Frank. As you no doubt know, its gonna rain in
> Panama City. But at least it is Florida rain.

....and you don't have to shovel it. :))

fc

Frank Church
February 10th, 2004, 03:09 PM
"Bill Mason" > wrote in
:

> A very happy birthday to you! In your posts you don't look a day over
> sixty.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

...damn Bill, you and I could get to be friends real quick. :)

Frank the Elder
...who don't feel a day over 37; some of my parts work better than others.
8-/

Frank Reid
February 10th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Dad, why do you keep spending my inheritance? Congrats and happy Natal
Day.
Frank Jr.

Tim J.
February 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

I noticed Joe hasn't replied yet. Probably busy with a swap or something. :)

Happy b'day, you crotchety ol' coot! I hope you hold out until your visit out
this way later in the year.
--
TL,
Tim

Charlie Wilson
February 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Dang! You mean, like, in human years? Whew. Happy birthday anyway.

Hans van der Stroom
February 10th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Happy birthday Frank!

Hans van der Stroom

"Frank Church" > schreef in bericht
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)
>
> Returned yesterday from a very nice time in Florida, no fishing this time,
> (did some lawn casting with my bro' on our newly acquired 'boos) I learned
> that a 9' bamboo rod will tire my arm out in nothing flat!
> We had an enjoyable time just lounging around in shorts and birkenstocks
in
> the swing, sipping a cold drink and wondering what the po' folks is doin'.
> Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
> weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
> multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)
>
> Frank the Elder
> ..and gittin elderer every day :(

Rich V
February 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
No, Frank. You're supposed to get out on the local ice and drill some holes
to fish in. Ha ha.

"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)
> Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
> weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
> multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)
>
> Frank the Elder
> ..and gittin elderer every day :(

Roger Ohlund
February 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

Happy birthday oldtimer.
I see you were born in the worst year of the depression in the United
States.
You seem to have had a positive effect on things since ;-)

/Roger

Frank Church
February 10th, 2004, 09:35 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> Happy b'day, you crotchety ol' coot! I hope you hold out until your
> visit out this way later in the year.

....well **** Tim, although I may smell that way sometimes, I ain't dead
yet, besides, I wanna fish your bluegill pond before I go tits-up. :)

Tim J.
February 10th, 2004, 09:54 PM
"Frank Church" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote:
>
> > Happy b'day, you crotchety ol' coot! I hope you hold out until your
> > visit out this way later in the year.
>
> ...well **** Tim, although I may smell that way sometimes, I ain't dead
> yet, besides, I wanna fish your bluegill pond before I go tits-up. :)

I bought a new canoe just for the occasion. It's got two seats, but I'm only
bringing one paddle, so I hope you're not too tired at the end of the day. It
also may get a little tiresome with me yelling "FISH ON!" in your ear every few
minutes. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Svend Tang-Petersen
February 10th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Happy birthday, Frank.

Just remember to have the fire extinguisher ready when they bring in the cake.

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:34 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> I bought a new canoe just for the occasion. It's got two seats, but
> I'm only bringing one paddle, so I hope you're not too tired at the
> end of the day. It also may get a little tiresome with me yelling
> "FISH ON!" in your ear every few minutes. ;-)

Timmy yer all heart. Now if you were a thoughtful and considerate person
like old Flyfish of Mechanic Falls, Maine, you'd rush out and get two
really nice padded seats with backs. See,that's one of my parts that don't
work so good. Besides, Dave did 99% of the paddling on that 9hr trip (I did
dip my paddle once or twice) because I was busy giving him lessons on how
to catch smallies without tipping over the canoe. I don't think I convinced
him at all. :) Besides, he paid me back at the end of the trip by making me
play mountain goat to get our gear up the freaking steep bank at the take-
out. Still, a trip I won't soon forget.

Frank Church
...but then again, I'm a glutton for punishment

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Svend Tang-Petersen > wrote in
:

> Happy birthday, Frank.
>
> Just remember to have the fire extinguisher ready when they bring in
> the cake.

....nah, I'll stand back and wait for the nekkid lady to jump out.

Frank the Elder

rb608
February 11th, 2004, 12:59 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

Well I'm glad to be back online in time to wish you a big happy one.
('Course a man your age is probably asleep in the chair by now.) Happy
birthday!

Joe F.

p.s. FWIW, My daughter was in the room when I mentioned out loud with some
glee, "Hey, it's Frank Church's birthday, he's 70 today!" She asked, "Is
that the guy we met at the fly fishing show?" Sorry, Frank; you must have
been looking worse than I thought. <g>

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 01:10 AM
"rb608" > wrote in
:

> "Frank Church" > wrote in message
> 9.11...

>> Seventy one big ones today!
>
> Well I'm glad to be back online in time to wish you a big happy one.
> ('Course a man your age is probably asleep in the chair by now.)
> Happy birthday!

Not yet Joe, I like to read in the evening; 'Living with arthitis', 'The
Geritol Journal', and best of all, 'Helping out with hemorrhoids'. My
walker converts into a lounge chair, makes it easier to read while I get
my daily injection of carrot juice.

> p.s. FWIW, My daughter was in the room when I mentioned out loud with
> some glee, "Hey, it's Frank Church's birthday, he's 70 today!" She
> asked, "Is that the guy we met at the fly fishing show?" Sorry,
> Frank; you must have been looking worse than I thought. <g>

He should be so lucky. :)

snakefiddler
February 11th, 2004, 01:22 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)
>
> Returned yesterday from a very nice time in Florida, no fishing this time,
> (did some lawn casting with my bro' on our newly acquired 'boos) I learned
> that a 9' bamboo rod will tire my arm out in nothing flat!
> We had an enjoyable time just lounging around in shorts and birkenstocks
in
> the swing, sipping a cold drink and wondering what the po' folks is doin'.
> Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
> weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
> multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)
>
> Frank the Elder
> ..and gittin elderer every day :(

Happy birthday, "teller of sorry jokes" ;)
I hope it is a great one, followed by many more healthy and happy ones..

Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)

snakefiddler
February 11th, 2004, 01:26 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Svend Tang-Petersen > wrote in
> :
>

> > Happy birthday, Frank.
> >
> > Just remember to have the fire extinguisher ready when they bring in
> > the cake.
>
> ...nah, I'll stand back and wait for the nekkid lady to jump out.
>
> Frank the Elder

>Frank Church Wrote:
>...nah, I'll just stand back and wait for the nekkid lady to >jump out

Now, there's a man who knows the difference between NAKED and NEKKID!

Snake-

Svend Tang-Petersen
February 11th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Frank Church wrote:

> > Happy birthday, Frank.
> >
> > Just remember to have the fire extinguisher ready when they bring in
> > the cake.
>
> ...nah, I'll stand back and wait for the nekkid lady to jump out.
>
> Frank the Elder

Didnt know that you had invited Janet.

Wolfgang
February 11th, 2004, 02:25 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...

> ....gittin elderer every day :(

Happy mumbleth Frank! You ain't old enough yet.....um.....work on that,
would ya?

Wolfgang

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 02:26 AM
"Roger Ohlund" > wrote in
:

> "Frank Church" > wrote in message
> 9.11...
>> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da
>> taken better care of myself. :)
>>

> Happy birthday oldtimer.
> I see you were born in the worst year of the depression in the United
> States.
> You seem to have had a positive effect on things since ;-)
>
> /Roger

Not sure I deserve the credit Roger, but I'll take it. :)

fc

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 02:29 AM
"snakefiddler" > wrote in
:

> Happy birthday, "teller of sorry jokes" ;)
> I hope it is a great one, followed by many more healthy and happy
> ones..
>
> Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)

I hope it's the one with the ermine fur around the bottom. Dejavu all over
again. :)

Frank the Elder
...I love soft fur around my neck...

Frank Reid
February 11th, 2004, 02:39 AM
> Didnt know that you had invited Janet.

Reno?

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Frank Reid
February 11th, 2004, 02:42 AM
> p.s. FWIW, My daughter was in the room when I mentioned out loud with some
> glee, "Hey, it's Frank Church's birthday, he's 70 today!" She asked, "Is
> that the guy we met at the fly fishing show?" Sorry, Frank; you must have
> been looking worse than I thought. <g>

My daughter can beat up your daughter! By the way, my daughter thinks your
daughter is right.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Frank Reid
February 11th, 2004, 02:43 AM
> Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)

Don, doff, whats a couple of consonants between friends.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Peter Charles
February 11th, 2004, 02:50 AM
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:20:56 GMT, Frank Church
> wrote:

>Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
>better care of myself. :)

[snip]

>Frank the Elder
>..and gittin elderer every day :(

Good Lord, seventy big ones. You're an inspiration to us all so I
think I'll start taking your advice about taking better care.

tomorrow . . .

or maybe next week . . .

and catch a few fish for us ice-bound folk, OK?

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Bob Patton
February 11th, 2004, 02:55 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

Maybe the reason you lived this long is because of the way you lived it.
Keep doin' more of the same!
Happy birthday!
Bob

Stephen Welsh
February 11th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Frank Church > wrote in
9.11:

> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da
> taken better care of myself. :)

Rhymes with fun Frank,

And as it is your birthday you should have
something of a Hallmark moment!

The image on the card ...

A picture of a curmudgeonly den
littered with fishing paraphernalia,
photographic examples of 'nekkid',
hundreds of polystyrene cups,
and a PC.

Inside is writ
(in the largest font possible):

---------------------------------------
Though you may doubt their worth,
And think their merits be slight,
Whether in sadness or mirth,
Your posts bring a moment's delight.
---------------------------------------

Have a good'un.

:-)

Steve {Okay! how many threw up? ... 8-}

Wolfgang
February 11th, 2004, 03:43 AM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)
>
> Don, doff, whats a couple of consonants between friends.

Depends on who's doing the doffing. If it's a Don (or a don, for that
matter), and keeping in mind that boffing not infrequently follows doffing,
I, for one, don't want none of it! :(

Wolfgang
who, frankly, hopes and believes that his position on this matter is
consonant with frank's own.

ezflyfisher
February 11th, 2004, 04:21 AM
gawdangit frank, have the years made ya senile? i waited and waited fer
ya to pick me up for ole floridee but ya never showed... damn yankee.

happy 71st.... many, many more.

wally

Frank Church wrote:

> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)
>
> Returned yesterday from a very nice time in Florida, no fishing this time,
> (did some lawn casting with my bro' on our newly acquired 'boos) I learned
> that a 9' bamboo rod will tire my arm out in nothing flat!
> We had an enjoyable time just lounging around in shorts and birkenstocks in
> the swing, sipping a cold drink and wondering what the po' folks is doin'.
> Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
> weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
> multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)
>
> Frank the Elder
> ..and gittin elderer every day :(

--
Thanks & Tight Lines!

--Walt
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

troutbum_mt
February 11th, 2004, 04:31 AM
says...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)

Hey, but you are still around so you must have done something right!
Happy Bday Frank. May you have many more ahead of you!
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

tony weall
February 11th, 2004, 09:08 AM
happy birthday frank
geez i thought you where an old bugger but i was wrong
tony

"Frank Church" > wrote in message
9.11...
> Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da taken
> better care of myself. :)
>
> Returned yesterday from a very nice time in Florida, no fishing this time,
> (did some lawn casting with my bro' on our newly acquired 'boos) I learned
> that a 9' bamboo rod will tire my arm out in nothing flat!
> We had an enjoyable time just lounging around in shorts and birkenstocks
in
> the swing, sipping a cold drink and wondering what the po' folks is doin'.
> Will leave again tomorrow for Panama City with another RV and sample the
> weather in the Florida panhandle. I could easily **** away the winter with
> multiple trips down south, damn, that sounds like a plan to me. :)
>
> Frank the Elder
> ..and gittin elderer every day :(

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:20:56 GMT, Frank Church
> > wrote:
>
>>Seventy one big ones today! If'n I'da knowed I'd live this long I'da
>>taken better care of myself. :)

> Good Lord, seventy big ones. You're an inspiration to us all so I
> think I'll start taking your advice about taking better care.
>
> tomorrow . . .
>
> or maybe next week . . .
>
> and catch a few fish for us ice-bound folk, OK?

...don't have any secrets really, live a clean life, don't smoke, chew or
drink scotch, and changing wives about every 15 yrs of so seems to have
worked for me. :) I'm taking to heart the old saw, variety is the spice
of life.
The weather gods are agin me Peter, I will be greeted in Florida again
with rain and cool temps, but as Stev Slenon has pointed out, at least
it's Florida rain.

Frank
....who's body parts are leaning toward the south..(those that still move
at least) :)

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Stephen Welsh > wrote in
. 1.4:

> Rhymes with fun Frank,
>
> And as it is your birthday you should have
> something of a Hallmark moment!
>
> The image on the card ...
>
> A picture of a curmudgeonly den
> littered with fishing paraphernalia,
> photographic examples of 'nekkid',
> hundreds of polystyrene cups,
> and a PC.
>
> Inside is writ
> (in the largest font possible):
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Though you may doubt their worth,
> And think their merits be slight,
> Whether in sadness or mirth,
> Your posts bring a moment's delight.
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Have a good'un.
>
>:-)
>

> Steve {Okay! how many threw up? ... 8-}

....why thank you Steve, the picture you paint of my den is pretty much on
the mark, however this year no cups and the nekkid ones reside on my PC.
:))

Frank the ogler

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:18 PM
"tony weall" > wrote in
:

> happy birthday frank
> geez i thought you where an old bugger but i was wrong
> tony

....you know Tony, all my life I have thought of an old person one who is
about 10 or 15 yrs older than me...****, now here I reach the point where
10 or 15 yrs older than me is probably taking a dirt nap. :(

Frank
...bury me not on the lone prairieeeeeee (there's a song in there somewhere)

Frank Church
February 11th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Replying to one's own post is a little tacky, but so is anouncing ones own
birthday..so sue me. I'd just like to say the outpouring of good wishes
from my cyber-friends made it a very special day for me...gives me
incentive to try to meet more of you this year and I sincerely hope so.

Thank you all, and if you think this is too maudlin, well then you can bite
me!

Frank
actually, for those that don't know me, I'm in pretty darn good health for
an old fart, and if I was a foot taller I wouldn't be overweight either. :)

Frank Reid
February 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM
> > > Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)
> >
> > Don, doff, whats a couple of consonants between friends.
>
> Depends on who's doing the doffing. If it's a Don (or a don, for that
> matter), and keeping in mind that boffing not infrequently follows doffing,
> I, for one, don't want none of it! :(
>
> Wolfgang
> who, frankly, hopes and believes that his position on this matter is
> consonant with frank's own.

Well, since this is not Dressing Outdoors Noodling or DON, I do believe
that my use of DOFF, for Dressing Outdoors Fly Fishing is appropriate
here. So on ROFF we DOFF to boff, though dunning Dons for donning at
dawn when the duns are done dawning is just asking for a flame war.
Frank Reid

snakefiddler
February 11th, 2004, 05:13 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > Snakefiddler- i'll don my FULL LENGTH gown in your honor ;-)
>
> Don, doff, whats a couple of consonants between friends.
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Reverse email to reply

I think we should leave the doffing of garments to the woman jumping out of
the cake.....

Snakefiddler-

Stephen Welsh
February 11th, 2004, 09:37 PM