PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Ebay Thing

Wayne Knight
February 11th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Chance for someone to add to their cane or reel collection:

Hardy Perfect 3 5/8" LEFT HAND retrieve reel.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660403083&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Ron Kusse 5/6 wt cane rod
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660401738&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Mike Clark 7 1/2' 4 weight cane rod
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660400391&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

flyfishes
February 12th, 2004, 03:45 PM
"Wayne Knight" > wrote in message >...
> Chance for someone to add to their cane or reel collection:
>
> Hardy Perfect 3 5/8" LEFT HAND retrieve reel.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660403083&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1
>
> Ron Kusse 5/6 wt cane rod
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660401738&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1
>
> Mike Clark 7 1/2' 4 weight cane rod
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3660400391&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Your auction descriptions need work. Luckily you can add the missing
info and better specifics anytime.

ff

Wayne Knight
February 13th, 2004, 01:02 AM
"flyfishes" > wrote in message
om...

> Your auction descriptions need work. Luckily you can add the missing
> info and better specifics anytime.

Care to offer suggestions, I just put them out there to see what they would
bring. I've toyed with the idea of selling the clark for some time. Contrary
to what some here who have been here a while might think, I'm not a
collector of fly tackle but rather a user (well used to be anyway).

Not being an Ebay marketing guru, I just described what i was selling, how
would you do it?

ezflyfisher
February 13th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Wayne Knight wrote:

> "flyfishes" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Your auction descriptions need work. Luckily you can add the missing
>>info and better specifics anytime.
>>

> Care to offer suggestions, I just put them out there to see what they would
> bring. I've toyed with the idea of selling the clark for some time. Contrary
> to what some here who have been here a while might think, I'm not a
> collector of fly tackle but rather a user (well used to be anyway).
>
> Not being an Ebay marketing guru, I just described what i was selling, how
> would you do it?

not that i am any good at marketing "hype" wayne....

hmmm....

i'm offering you, for bid, one of the finest boo rods ever to grace the
hands of mankind and certainly one of the finest boo's ever to be seen
here at eBay, the blah blah blah clark <<< insert rod details >>> boo is
coveted the world over... why? well, to state it mildly, it is blah blah
blah.... and more blah blah blah

if you are a conosewer of fine boo or are a flyfishin neographyte
considering becoming a proud boo caster, this rod is special.... it
hurts me to sell it.... why just last october i gently cast a size 12
royal wulff upon the pristene waters of frenchman's creek to a
particularily devlish rising trout. the fly presented itself upon the
glorious waters exactly where i hoped thanks to this tonkin devil... it
drifted ever so slowly the few feet to the piscene and "WHOOOSHHHHHH"...
WOW!!! <<< insert pic of trout you've caught with the rod>>> what a
wonderful battle that son-of-a-gun gave me and the Clark boo. I'll never
forget it, what a great memory.

why am i sellin this gem? well truth-be-told, i'm putting my lovely
daughter through MSU.... need money.... she's worth it.... (and, waldo
has a bunch of cool gear and books i covet! ;-)

wayne.... spellcheck and grammarize.... the more you can "entertain" the
gentle ebayer, the more you can sell.

hth's, in partial jest.... wally :-)