PDA

View Full Version : N.Z.

Joe McIntosh
February 11th, 2004, 02:38 PM
----- Original Message -----
From: "Conrad Black" >> >Dell

> Where the boss is looking at me sideways down the phoneline
> is that we are going to " have to " stay at the Anglers
> Paradise Lodge, on the Tongariro river, right in the middle
> of the rainbow winter runs out of Lake Taupo ??

joe McIntosh offers---stayed at the Anglers Paradise Lodge last year during
my N.Z. trip Fished the
tongariro river two evenings at the Red Hut pool and the rainbows were
boilin around me.
An internet fishing friend who guides at the Poronui Ranch came down to
fish and visit with me and we had fun time. [He said current weekly
fishing costs at the ranch were about 6000$ per week if you stayed with
house wines]
We enjoyed splitting a six packvv

Clark Reid
February 13th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Not quite Joe :)...
Currently...
6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

"Joe McIntosh" > wrote in message

> [...]

February 13th, 2004, 01:15 PM
"Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> Not quite Joe :)...
> Currently...
> 6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
>
> Indian Joe answers---Just chumming Clark to see if you were around--Why
don"t you come over for western clave---I will put you up in cabin I am
sharing with Jeff Miller. Fishing with Jeff, Bruiser, Willie and Warren
would be somewhat different from fishing with your el itist clients.--

Willi
February 13th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Joe McIntosh wrote:

> "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
>
>>Not quite Joe :)...
>>Currently...
>>6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
>>
>>Indian Joe answers---Just chumming Clark to see if you were around--Why
>
> don"t you come over for western clave---I will put you up in cabin I am
> sharing with Jeff Miller. Fishing with Jeff, Bruiser, Willie and Warren
> would be somewhat different from fishing with your el itist clients.--

Like to fish with you Clark. I think you'd find our fishing interesting
and enjoyable.

Willi

Clark Reid
February 14th, 2004, 04:27 AM
I would love to come over and thank you for your kind offer. I have got it
firmly in mind but this may be a tough year for me with marriage in
September, but I am working on it....

I know many of our clients are wealthy but there are not many that are
elitist, most are just keen anglers who have the same love of the sport as
all of us. Many are not that wealthy either, some just spend the money it
takes to fish from the lodge I am at because of the reputation of the place.
Some are filthy rich and by and large I find it irrelevant, people are
people, there are good rich ones and bad ones as ther is in all walks.

If you add up travel costs, add a motel, the convenience of being based
right on the wilderness waters (Cost saving in this if you are helicopter
too) the food, the wine, the guides etc all included in the cost, the place
I guide for is not really that expensive an option. If you go the other way
and add up the motels, rental car, guides, and the food and drink you buy
you will probably find that where I guide is not that much more expensive
than going it alone, but it is more streamlined and a hell of a lot more
efficient.

I know I would enjoy fishing the West, I have read about it extensively,
watched it on TV and fished with literally hundreds of anglers from that
part of the world and if I don't make it to this Clave I will surely make it
to another one in the next couple of years.

My regards to you and your lovely wife.
--
Clark

"Joe McIntosh" <joedene@wo
rldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> > Not quite Joe :)...
> > Currently...
> > 6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
> >
> > Indian Joe answers---Just chumming Clark to see if you were around--Why
> don"t you come over for western clave---I will put you up in cabin I am
> sharing with Jeff Miller. Fishing with Jeff, Bruiser, Willie and Warren
> would be somewhat different from fishing with your el itist clients.--

Clark Reid
February 14th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Would welcome the opportunity to wet a line with you Willi.

Clark

"Willi" > wrote in message

> Joe McIntosh wrote:
>
> > "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Not quite Joe :)...
> >>Currently...
> >>6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
> >>
> >>Indian Joe answers---Just chumming Clark to see if you were around--Why
> >
> > don"t you come over for western clave---I will put you up in cabin I am
> > sharing with Jeff Miller. Fishing with Jeff, Bruiser, Willie and Warren
> > would be somewhat different from fishing with your el itist clients.--
> >

> Like to fish with you Clark. I think you'd find our fishing interesting
> and enjoyable.
>
> Willi

JR
February 14th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Clark Reid wrote:

> Not quite Joe :)...
> Currently...
> 6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp

Considering the prices of a lot of "destination" fishing lodges, that's
not bad.

Single occupancy?

JR

Clark Reid
February 14th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I haven't got the current rates right here in front of me and I am being
careful here that a discussion doesn't too far off track and have me get
accused of spamming. If anyone wants specific rates they should contact
for up to date numbers... I really don't think it is
that expensive when you look at the services and facilities involved and
that the rate includes everything except helicopter flyouts., even the bar
is included!!! I can't speak for everyone but in my case the bar alone could
have them losing money :)

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

"JR" > wrote in message ...
> Clark Reid wrote:
> >
> > Not quite Joe :)...
> > Currently...
> > 6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
>
> Considering the prices of a lot of "destination" fishing lodges, that's
> not bad.
>
> Single occupancy?
>
> JR

Jo Foster
February 18th, 2004, 07:49 AM
One day eh Clark, I planned to come over next year and clave tour, but due
to school uniform shock and school fee shock syndrome, its one more thing
being put back for a while.

"Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> I would love to come over and thank you for your kind offer. I have got it
> firmly in mind but this may be a tough year for me with marriage in
> September, but I am working on it....
>
> I know many of our clients are wealthy but there are not many that are
> elitist, most are just keen anglers who have the same love of the sport as
> all of us. Many are not that wealthy either, some just spend the money it
> takes to fish from the lodge I am at because of the reputation of the
place.
> Some are filthy rich and by and large I find it irrelevant, people are
> people, there are good rich ones and bad ones as ther is in all walks.
>
> If you add up travel costs, add a motel, the convenience of being based
> right on the wilderness waters (Cost saving in this if you are helicopter
> too) the food, the wine, the guides etc all included in the cost, the
place
> I guide for is not really that expensive an option. If you go the other
way
> and add up the motels, rental car, guides, and the food and drink you buy
> you will probably find that where I guide is not that much more expensive
> than going it alone, but it is more streamlined and a hell of a lot more
> efficient.
>
> I know I would enjoy fishing the West, I have read about it extensively,
> watched it on TV and fished with literally hundreds of anglers from that
> part of the world and if I don't make it to this Clave I will surely make
it
> to another one in the next couple of years.
>
> My regards to you and your lovely wife.
> --
> Clark
>
> "Joe McIntosh" <joedene@wo
> rldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> > > Not quite Joe :)...
> > > Currently...
> > > 6 Days Guided, 7 Nights, Double Occupancy: $2,650 pp
> > >
> > > Indian Joe answers---Just chumming Clark to see if you were
around--Why
> > don"t you come over for western clave---I will put you up in cabin I am
> > sharing with Jeff Miller. Fishing with Jeff, Bruiser, Willie and Warren
> > would be somewhat different from fishing with your el itist clients.--

Joe McIntosh
February 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM
"Jo Foster" > wrote in message
> One day eh Clark, I planned to come over next year and clave tour, but due
> to school uniform shock and school fee shock syndrome, its one more thing
> being put back for a while.
>

> "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> > I would love to come over and thank you for your kind offer. I have got
it
> > firmly in mind but this may be a tough year for me with marriage in
> > September, but I am working on it....

Indian Joe says--good to hear from you Jo-- missed you by one day at Yellow
House Lodge but managed to catch a few fish without local guidance.
Guess if you appeared at clave in your school uniform some of the guys
would be somewhat shocked .

Clark--I'm glad you are finally going to keep that woman "honest"--an old
western cowboy phrase I never understood. -- them damm palefaces never
worried about the "honesty" of our squaws.

Kevin Vang
February 18th, 2004, 04:08 PM
In article >,
says...

> Clark--I'm glad you are finally going to keep that woman "honest"--an old
> western cowboy phrase I never understood. -- them damm palefaces never
> worried about the "honesty" of our s****s.

Watch it IJ -- 40 will be on your ass like, um, well, something on
something else.

Kevin

Ken Fortenberry
February 18th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Kevin Vang wrote:

> Watch it IJ -- 40 will be on your ass ...

Bah, silly old fools like Joe aren't worth the effort.

He's one of those dyed-in-the-wool, old school racists and he's
just trying to stir **** up. Ignore the old fool, I do.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc
February 18th, 2004, 04:18 PM
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:08:30 -0600, Kevin Vang >
wrote:

>Watch it IJ -- 40 will be on your ass like, um, well, something on
>something else.

Cream cheese on a cucumber sandwich?
--
Charlie...

Jo Foster
February 23rd, 2004, 08:40 AM
> Clark--I'm glad you are finally going to keep that woman "honest"--an old
> western cowboy phrase I never understood. -- them damm palefaces never
> worried about the "honesty" of our squaws.

I hope like hell you dont think its me, I am marrying someone else when we
finally get around to it.

Congrats Clark, expect evil doings from me in September.