PDA

View Full Version : dates for May Penns clave

Peter Charles
February 12th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Can't find the thread on this so please advise.

Peter

Charlie Choc
February 12th, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 12 Feb 2004 10:27:28 -0800, (Peter Charles)
wrote:

>Can't find the thread on this so please advise.

May 16-22 are the dates I wrote down.
--
Charlie...

Dave LaCourse
February 12th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Peter writes:

>Can't find the thread on this so please advise.

May 16 to the 23rd. That figures out to be around May 5 to the 10th in
Canuckistan.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Stan Gula
February 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
om...
> Can't find the thread on this so please advise.
>
> Peter

Most of us don't bring dates, because we're too into the '3 day old clothes,
man, you really need a shower' mode.

Tim J.
February 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM
"Stan Gula" wrote...
> "Peter Charles" wrote...
> > Can't find the thread on this so please advise.
>
> Most of us don't bring dates, because we're too into the '3 day old clothes,
> man, you really need a shower' mode.

And just how does this differ from your 'everyday' mode? ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Stan Gula
February 12th, 2004, 07:39 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> "Stan Gula" wrote...
> > "Peter Charles" wrote...
> > > Can't find the thread on this so please advise.
> >
> > Most of us don't bring dates, because we're too into the '3 day old
clothes,
> > man, you really need a shower' mode.
>
> And just how does this differ from your 'everyday' mode? ;-)

Actually, I usually clean up for fishing trips...

Peter Charles
February 12th, 2004, 10:56 PM
On 12 Feb 2004 18:48:29 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
wrote:

>Peter writes:
>
>>Can't find the thread on this so please advise.
>
>May 16 to the 23rd. That figures out to be around May 5 to the 10th in
>Canuckistan.
>Dave
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
of the clave in US dates. :((((

Business ****, can't get out of it.

I think I'm gonna go sulk now . . . .

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Dave LaCourse
February 12th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Peter writes:

>I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
>of the clave in US dates. :((((
>
>Business ****, can't get out of it.
>
>I think I'm gonna go sulk now . . . .

Well, hell, quit. Suzie could start her own catering service and you could
fish all the time.

Sorry you won't be there. I plan on being there only a couple of days -
probably won't fish. I'll see you in early May?

Booked a trip - seven days in Alaska fishing for rainbow hogs and grayling.
More when I sees ya.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Frank Reid
February 13th, 2004, 12:19 AM
> I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
> of the clave in US dates. :((((

Man, I was looking forward to some of that Canuckistanian beer. Gonna miss
ya. I'll catch a few for you.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

troutbum_mt
February 13th, 2004, 02:02 AM
says...
> I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
> of the clave in US dates. :((((
>
> Business ****, can't get out of it.
>
> I think I'm gonna go sulk now . . . .

That sucks! I was looking forward to fishing with you again so I get
some more streamer lessons. :-(
--
Warren (who has two streamer boxes now thanks to tips and insights from
the "Streamer Man" Peter)

Mike
February 13th, 2004, 02:46 AM
What a bummer Peter........Maybe we could call a building inspector and have
him condem the building you are to met in....That was pretty mean of your
bosses to do that to you....I would never do that to my help....Your a pretty
nice guy Peter no matter what the pirate says about you we will miss you my
friend........

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Lat705
February 13th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Coming stag is OK. You don't need a date!

Lou T

Roger Ohlund
February 13th, 2004, 07:41 AM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
> On 12 Feb 2004 18:48:29 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
> wrote:
>
> >Peter writes:
> >
> >>Can't find the thread on this so please advise.
> >
> >May 16 to the 23rd. That figures out to be around May 5 to the 10th in
> >Canuckistan.
> >Dave
> >
> >http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
> >

> I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
> of the clave in US dates. :((((
>
> Business ****, can't get out of it.
>
> I think I'm gonna go sulk now . . . .
>
> Peter

Damn! I had hoped on meeting with you.

/Roger

Wolfgang
February 13th, 2004, 11:55 AM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> Coming stag is OK. You don't need a date!

True, but arriving with an escort DOES ensure that one's dance card is full,
thereby forestalling those awkward moments on stew night. :)

Wolfgang

Peter Charles
February 13th, 2004, 12:10 PM
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:41:28 GMT, "Roger Ohlund"
> wrote:

>"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
>> On 12 Feb 2004 18:48:29 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
>> wrote:

>> >May 16 to the 23rd. That figures out to be around May 5 to the 10th in
>> >Canuckistan.
>> >Dave
>> >
>> >http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
>> >

>> I do hope the exchange rate works out cause I'm in Vancouver the week
>> of the clave in US dates. :((((
>>
>> Business ****, can't get out of it.
>>
>> I think I'm gonna go sulk now . . . .
>>
>> Peter
>
>Damn! I had hoped on meeting with you.
>
>/Roger

and I you. This is not a happy day . . .

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Peter Charles
February 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
On 13 Feb 2004 03:54:47 GMT, (Lat705) wrote:

>Coming stag is OK. You don't need a date!
>

>Lou T

ya, I might arrange something so I can get my Penns Creek fix . . .

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Peter Charles
February 13th, 2004, 12:13 PM
On 13 Feb 2004 02:46:39 GMT, (Mike) wrote:

>What a bummer Peter........Maybe we could call a building inspector and have
>him condem the building you are to met in....That was pretty mean of your
>bosses to do that to you....I would never do that to my help....Your a pretty
>nice guy Peter no matter what the pirate says about you we will miss you my
>friend........
>

> Handyman Mike
> Standing in a river waving a stick

the bitch of this . . . I have a good boss who has arranged such
conferences out of the sterile confines of a Montreal meeting room, as
a reward to her staff. This conference is being run in BC so we can
celebrate the BC guy's 25th anniversary with the bank

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Tim J.
February 13th, 2004, 12:57 PM
"Peter Charles" wrote...
> On 13 Feb 2004 02:46:39 GMT, (Mike) wrote:
>
> >What a bummer Peter........Maybe we could call a building inspector and have
> >him condem the building you are to met in....That was pretty mean of your
> >bosses to do that to you....I would never do that to my help....Your a pretty
> >nice guy Peter no matter what the pirate says about you we will miss you my
> >friend........
>
> the bitch of this . . . I have a good boss who has arranged such
> conferences out of the sterile confines of a Montreal meeting room, as
> a reward to her staff. This conference is being run in BC so we can
> celebrate the BC guy's 25th anniversary with the bank

One word: Teleconference. Hell, if you're *really* good, you could tape your
appearance in advance. I'm sure the Millheim Hilton has complete teleconference
capabilities. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Lat705
February 13th, 2004, 12:58 PM
>True, but arriving with an escort DOES ensure that one's dance card is full,

Do you use "escort" as an euphenism for "proffessional date"??

Lou T

George Adams
February 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
>From: Peter Charles

>the bitch of this . . . I have a good boss who has arranged such
>conferences out of the sterile confines of a Montreal meeting room, as
>a reward to her staff. This conference is being run in BC so we can
>celebrate the BC guy's 25th anniversary with the bank

You need to take a page from Kinky Friedman's book and "develop a lifestyle
that doesn't require your presence."

(At least that's my goal.)

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Wolfgang
February 13th, 2004, 01:58 PM
"Lat705" > wrote in message
> >True, but arriving with an escort DOES ensure that one's dance card
is full,

> Do you use "escort" as an euphenism for "proffessional date"??

Well, I hadn't really given that any thought. I guess it doesn't
really matter much......what counts is not having to spend the entire
evening rejecting potential suitors. :(

Wolfgang

rb608
February 13th, 2004, 02:28 PM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message
> Well, I hadn't really given that any thought. I guess it doesn't
> really matter much......what counts is not having to spend the entire
> evening rejecting potential suitors. :(

One of the oddest perhaps, and certainly eye-opening evenings of my young
adult life was attending a party as the guest of a gay friend. Talk about
spending the evening rejecting potential suitors. Probably my closest
glimpse of what it must be like for a woman in a singles bar. And I ain't
even that good looking.

Joe F.

Tim J.
February 13th, 2004, 02:43 PM
"rb608" wrote...
> "Wolfgang" wrote:
> > Well, I hadn't really given that any thought. I guess it doesn't
> > really matter much......what counts is not having to spend the entire
> > evening rejecting potential suitors. :(
>
> One of the oddest perhaps, and certainly eye-opening evenings of my young
> adult life was attending a party as the guest of a gay friend. Talk about
> spending the evening rejecting potential suitors. Probably my closest
> glimpse of what it must be like for a woman in a singles bar. And I ain't
> even that good looking.

It may not have been your looks that sparked interest. Did you show them how you
could juggle burning sticks?
--
TL,
Tim

Willi
February 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
rb608 wrote:

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
>
>>Well, I hadn't really given that any thought. I guess it doesn't
>>really matter much......what counts is not having to spend the entire
>>evening rejecting potential suitors. :(
>

> One of the oddest perhaps, and certainly eye-opening evenings of my young
> adult life was attending a party as the guest of a gay friend. Talk about
> spending the evening rejecting potential suitors. Probably my closest
> glimpse of what it must be like for a woman in a singles bar. And I ain't
> even that good looking.

Reminds of the the start of a very depressing semester I spent in
Charleston, WV. I went out there before the school year started looking
for a place to live. For a number of reasons, there was a severe housing
shortage and I ended up living in the back of my car for a couple weeks.
I parked the car in a somewhat seedy neighborhood as I looked for
housing during the day. At night, I went out looking for a bar. Well,
the only bars were "private clubs" that required membership. Most
memberships were very prohibitive but I found two that basically just
charged a cover charge. However, they turned out to be what were
probably the only two gay bars in the State. I was young and even more
naive than I am today and it took me several days to figure it out while
getting bummed because I couldn't understand why I was getting hit on by
so many men. (Kinda slow I guess)

Willi

Tim J.
February 13th, 2004, 04:20 PM
"Willi" wrote...
> rb608 wrote:
> > "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Well, I hadn't really given that any thought. I guess it doesn't
> >>really matter much......what counts is not having to spend the entire
> >>evening rejecting potential suitors. :(
> >
> > One of the oddest perhaps, and certainly eye-opening evenings of my young
> > adult life was attending a party as the guest of a gay friend. Talk about
> > spending the evening rejecting potential suitors. Probably my closest
> > glimpse of what it must be like for a woman in a singles bar. And I ain't
> > even that good looking.
>
> Reminds of the the start of a very depressing semester I spent in
> Charleston, WV. I went out there before the school year started looking
> for a place to live. For a number of reasons, there was a severe housing
> shortage and I ended up living in the back of my car for a couple weeks.
> I parked the car in a somewhat seedy neighborhood as I looked for
> housing during the day. At night, I went out looking for a bar. Well,
> the only bars were "private clubs" that required membership. Most
> memberships were very prohibitive but I found two that basically just
> charged a cover charge. However, they turned out to be what were
> probably the only two gay bars in the State. I was young and even more
> naive than I am today and it took me several days to figure it out while
> getting bummed because I couldn't understand why I was getting hit on by
> so many men. (Kinda slow I guess)

Yeah, well, you're not the only one. While visiting our office in Cardiff,
Wales, and after a particularly difficult day, my boss and I decided to find a
local pub to unwind. As my friends in Europe can attest, the pubs are the center
of much more social activity there than here in the U.S. There was a big
football game on, and all of the pubs were so crowded we couldn't even work our
way to the bar to get a pint. All the pubs except one, that is. . . But, they
poured the same Guinness as the other pubs and we traded our macho pride for a
few pints. Nothing else was traded - no, really.
--
TL,
Tim

rw
February 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Willi wrote:

> However, they turned out to be what were
> probably the only two gay bars in the State. I was young and even more
> naive than I am today and it took me several days to figure it out while
> getting bummed because I couldn't understand why I was getting hit on by
> so many men. (Kinda slow I guess)

Do you seriously expect us to believe that there were not only ONE, but
TWO gay bars in West Virginia (of all states!) -- in (I'd guess) the
70's? Jesus, Willi. What a whopper. :-)

When I was a starving graduate student in Minneapolis in the 70's, and
possessed a very large Malamute dog, the divorced woman I was living
with kicked me out. (It had something to do with her displeasure at my
enthusiasm for cleaning the snow off the roof, but there were deeper
issues.) Anyway, I found myself desperate for a place to live, with my
huge, shedding dog, so I grabbed on to the first opportunity. It was a
spectacularly messy house owned by an undertaker, with two crazy
Dalmations, a Great Dane, several cats, a yard full of dog ****, and a
borderline-psychopathic bodybuilder roommate. I soon found out that the
undertaker landlord was about the most well-connected (pardon the pun)
gay socialite in the city. The parties were unbelievable. I was
eventually kicked out after my dog broke several of his crystal
figurines while chasing a cat. You just can't trust Malamutes around cats.

I expect KenF is going to make something of this, because he likes to
bait me by calling me gay. So what? I'm a straight man with no
homophobia. If a gay man hits on me, it's a compliment. KenF is the one
with a homophobia problem, which strikes me as out-of-character with his
otherwise progressive political views.

Ken Fortenberry
February 13th, 2004, 05:12 PM
rw wrote:
> I expect KenF is going to make something of this, because he likes to
> bait me by calling me gay. So what? I'm a straight man with no
> homophobia. If a gay man hits on me, it's a compliment. KenF is the one
> with a homophobia problem, which strikes me as out-of-character with his
> otherwise progressive political views.

Before Kristine and I got married we lived in a Chicago neighborhood
in transition. It was a rundown Latino section of town when we moved
in but it quickly became "gentrified" by yuppies who bought up the
relatively cheap properties and rehabbed them. If you know Chicago,
the neighborhood is called Lakeview, Wrigleyville or Boy's Town. It
is the center of Chicago's gay community. I actually preferred the
gay bars to the vapid fern bar meat markets frequented by frat boys
turned stock brokers and airheaded bimbos in search of their MRS.
At a gay bar you could have intelligent conversation, cheaper drinks
and a fantastic juke box. Gawd, it just now dawned on me how many of
those guys I used to drink with died of AIDS. Damn, that sucks.

Anyway, I'm no homophobe, and when I point out that you are quite
obviously a latent homosexual it is not intended as a put-down, just
an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Jeff Miller
February 13th, 2004, 05:21 PM
dammit...i hate it when i reply before reading the whole thread... but,
did you hear anything about joe juggling gerbils too?

Tim J. wrote:

> It may not have been your looks that sparked interest. Did you show them how you
> could juggle burning sticks?

George Adams
February 13th, 2004, 05:28 PM
>From: (Greg Pavlov)

>>You need to take a page from Kinky Friedman's book and "develop a lifestyle
>>that doesn't require your presence."

> We all do, eventually.

Umm, yeah, but it isn't exactly a "life"style. {:-(

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Tim J.
February 13th, 2004, 05:32 PM
"Jeff Miller" wrote...
> Tim J. wrote:
> > It may not have been your looks that sparked interest. Did you show them how
you
> > could juggle burning sticks?
>
> dammit...i hate it when i reply before reading the whole thread... but,
> did you hear anything about joe juggling gerbils too?

I heard things about gerbils in his act, but nothing about juggling them.
--
TL,
Tim

Ken Fortenberry
February 13th, 2004, 05:38 PM
rw wrote:

> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>

>> Anyway, I'm no homophobe, and when I point out that you are quite
>> obviously a latent homosexual it is not intended as a put-down, just
>> an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
>> a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.
>

> Are you seriously claiming that by calling me a letent homosexual, you
> don't intend it as a put-down?

That is correct, Steven, it is an observation, much as if I
observe that you are right handed, not a put-down.

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw
February 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Anyway, I'm no homophobe, and when I point out that you are quite
> obviously a latent homosexual it is not intended as a put-down, just
> an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
> a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.

Are you seriously claiming that by calling me a letent homosexual, you
don't intend it as a put-down?

Jeff Taylor
February 13th, 2004, 05:47 PM
"rw" > wrote in message
. ..
> Willi wrote:
> >
>> If a gay man hits on me

Had it happen to me last summer in Pend Oreille County no less (if you don't
have a black dock and a shotgun in your truck, you are looked at a little
strange).

Worst part, the entire bar, my wife and two best friends and their wives
knew what was going on long before I had a clue. We got to talking about
this guys drag boat, must of been that part when I said I would love to take
a ride in it sometime... He sprung for three rounds of drinks, hell I
thought he was just a nice guy! :)

First time and last I hope, but good for a few laughs.

Jeff T.

rw
February 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

>> Are you seriously claiming that by calling me a letent homosexual, you
>> don't intend it as a put-down?
>

> That is correct, Steven, it is an observation, much as if I
> observe that you are right handed, not a put-down.

You're too much, Ken.

troutbum_mt
February 13th, 2004, 11:43 PM
says...
> Anyway, I'm no homophobe, and when I point out that you are quite
> obviously a latent homosexual it is not intended as a put-down, just
> an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
> a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.

Res ipsa loquitur.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)
For Conclave Info:
http://www.geocities.com/troutbum_mt3/MadisonConclave.html

daytripper
February 14th, 2004, 01:45 AM
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:20:47 -0500, "Tim J."
> wrote:

>"Willi" wrote...
>> rb608 wrote:

>> > One of the oddest perhaps, and certainly eye-opening evenings of my young
>> > adult life was attending a party as the guest of a gay friend. Talk about
>> > spending the evening rejecting potential suitors. Probably my closest
>> > glimpse of what it must be like for a woman in a singles bar. And I ain't
>> > even that good looking.
>>
>> Reminds of the the start of a very depressing semester I spent in
>> Charleston, WV. I went out there before the school year started looking
>> for a place to live. For a number of reasons, there was a severe housing
>> shortage and I ended up living in the back of my car for a couple weeks.
>> I parked the car in a somewhat seedy neighborhood as I looked for
>> housing during the day. At night, I went out looking for a bar. Well,
>> the only bars were "private clubs" that required membership. Most
>> memberships were very prohibitive but I found two that basically just
>> charged a cover charge. However, they turned out to be what were
>> probably the only two gay bars in the State. I was young and even more
>> naive than I am today and it took me several days to figure it out while
>> getting bummed because I couldn't understand why I was getting hit on by
>> so many men. (Kinda slow I guess)
>
>Yeah, well, you're not the only one. While visiting our office in Cardiff,
>Wales, and after a particularly difficult day, my boss and I decided to find a
>local pub to unwind. As my friends in Europe can attest, the pubs are the center
>of much more social activity there than here in the U.S. There was a big
>football game on, and all of the pubs were so crowded we couldn't even work our
>way to the bar to get a pint. All the pubs except one, that is. . . But, they
>poured the same Guinness as the other pubs and we traded our macho pride for a
>few pints. Nothing else was traded - no, really.

Geeze, I hope you stuck around for Grab A Granny Night!

/daytripper (btdt, got hooked up for a long weekend with a 32 yo "granny" ;-)

asadi
February 14th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Odd isn't it? The only thing not proudly for sale is that which we all wish
we had.

There's a time and a place for the highly skilled professional. I just run
out of money too quick.

john

"Lat705" > wrote in message
> >True, but arriving with an escort DOES ensure that one's dance card is
full,

> Do you use "escort" as an euphenism for "proffessional date"??
>
> Lou T

asadi
February 14th, 2004, 06:23 AM
"Ken Fortenberry"
> an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
> a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.

Is that well seasoned or just regular old seasoned....?

john :)

troutbum_mt
February 14th, 2004, 07:15 AM
says...

> "Ken Fortenberry"
> > an observable fact made by a seasoned observer. That you consider it
> > a put-down is symptomatic of denial and self-loathing.
>

> Is that well seasoned or just regular old seasoned....?

I guess it all depends on how much anal lube he went through during his
seasoning.......
--
Warren