PDA

View Full Version : FE Thomas Cane Fly Rod on EBay

John Loven
February 14th, 2004, 04:24 PM
FE Thomas Bamboo Fly Rod 7' 4" 2 piece on EBay

This rod came from my father-in-law's estate. It has the original tube, no
bag, and 2 tips. The rod is straight and the wraps are good. One tip is full
length but missing the tip guide. The second tip is broken off about 5" from
the end.

The rod lacks the normal FE Thomas markings on the butt. Jack Mickievich,
noted fly-tyer, examined the rod and opined that the rod was built after
Thomas' death by his shop, using a FE Thomas-made blank, but assembled and
finished by others.

-=JL

Ken Fortenberry
February 14th, 2004, 04:35 PM
John Loven wrote:

> FE Thomas Bamboo Fly Rod 7' 4" 2 piece on EBay
>
> This rod came from my father-in-law's estate. It has the original tube, no
> bag, and 2 tips. The rod is straight and the wraps are good. One tip is full
> length but missing the tip guide. The second tip is broken off about 5" from
> the end.
>
> The rod lacks the normal FE Thomas markings on the butt. Jack Mickievich,
> noted fly-tyer, examined the rod and opined that the rod was built after
> Thomas' death by his shop, using a FE Thomas-made blank, but assembled and
> finished by others.
>
> -=JL

Note to Warren:

This is a perfect example of what is acceptable under the "one time"
exemption.

Out and out SPAM is NEVER acceptable.

HTH

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw
February 14th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Note to Warren:
>
> This is a perfect example of what is acceptable under the "one time"
> exemption.

You're only saying that because it's a bamboo rod. If he were selling a
KPOS or a box of Fish Pimps (the best indicator on the market), you'd be
all over him like flies on ****.

:-)

Ken Fortenberry
February 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
rw wrote:

> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>>
>> Note to Warren: ...
>
> You're only saying that because it's a bamboo rod. If he were selling a
> KPOS or a box of Fish Pimps (the best indicator on the market), you'd be
> all over him like flies on ****.
>
> :-)

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc
February 14th, 2004, 06:24 PM
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:58:38 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
>wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

So, does that make you a simile sitter as well as a net nanny?
--
Charlie...

Ken Fortenberry
February 14th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Charlie Choc wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>
>>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". ...
>
> So, does that make you a simile sitter as well as a net nanny?

I am a Grammar and Insult Coach, a Metaphor and Simile Consultant
(send email for pricing information), and SPAM Kop Plenipotentiary,
(no charge for that, I do it as a public service).

--
Ken Fortenberry

Chas Wade
February 14th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote:
>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
>wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

That tantamounts to insulting us all.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

daytripper
February 14th, 2004, 11:22 PM
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:14:58 GMT, Chas Wade >
wrote:

>Ken Fortenberry > wrote:
>>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
>>wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.
>
>That tantamounts to insulting us all.

"tantamounts"?

/daytripper (oh boy, the Grammar Police will have fun with that ;-)

Ken Fortenberry
February 14th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Chas Wade wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>
>>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
>>wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.
>
> That tantamounts to insulting us all.

Say what ? Let me guess, English isn't your native tongue and you'd
like an opinion on which salad dresing to use.

On a tantamounts salad, I'm just guessing here, try Thousand Island
and let us know how it works out.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Chas Wade
February 15th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote:
>Chas Wade wrote:
>> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>>
>>>It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
>>>wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.
>>
>> That tantamounts to insulting us all.
>
>Say what ? Let me guess, English isn't your native tongue and you'd
>like an opinion on which salad dresing to use.
>
>On a tantamounts salad, I'm just guessing here, try Thousand Island
>and let us know how it works out.

An invented phrase seemed to call for an invented word, do you think I
just fell off the tulip truck?

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Ken Fortenberry
February 15th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Chas Wade wrote:

> An invented phrase seemed to call for an invented word, do you think I
> just fell off the tulip truck?

Whatever blows your dress up Chas, but some of my good friends
are turnips and I rather doubt they'd appreciate the insult.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Chas Wade
February 15th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote:
>Whatever blows your dress up Chas, but some of my good friends
>are turnips and I rather doubt they'd appreciate the insult.

I suppose you hang around with a bunch of vegetables because they don't
object to your insults.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Frank Reid
February 15th, 2004, 02:04 AM
> So, does that make you a simile sitter as well as a net nanny?

Simile, and the world similes with you.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

rw
February 15th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> rw wrote:
>
>> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>>

>>> Note to Warren: ...
>>

>> You're only saying that because it's a bamboo rod. If he were selling
>> a KPOS or a box of Fish Pimps (the best indicator on the market),
>> you'd be all over him like flies on ****.
>>
>> :-)
>

> It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
> wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

"Like flies on ****" is a pretty standard simile, but I should have
figured you be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.