PDA

View Full Version : Re: UDS Patterns and parachute tying tips needed.

Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
January 25th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Thanks again Soren. I will purchase so K3As in the near future and see what I can produce.
I am not a proficient fly tier, I merely attempt to mimic the patterns of others and produce flyz that I think might catch trout on my home waters--NW mountains of North Carolina. My tying skills are quite limited at present, but I figure if I keep practicing, whether tying traditional patterns or designs of my own, I can only get a bit better--maybe not?

Here's a link to some pics of the flys I have tied in the last few months. Many of the pics are simply different photos of the same flyz from differing vantage points, so I apologize, in advance, for your having to wade thru some many to see so few--should you take a look that is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47362605@N07/

Respectfully,

Mark H. Bowen --aka--Opie

Soren Finne
January 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM
On Jan 25, 3:14*am, "Mark H. Bowen" > wrote:
> Thanks again Soren. I will purchase so K3As in the near future and see what I can produce.
> I am not a proficient fly tier, I merely attempt to mimic the patterns of others and produce flyz that I think might catch trout on my home waters--NW mountains of North Carolina. My tying skills are quite limited at present, but I figure if I keep practicing, whether tying traditional patterns or designs of my own, I can only get a bit better--maybe not?
>
> Here's a link to some pics of the flys I have tied in the last few months.. Many of the pics are simply different photos of the same flyz from differing vantage points, so I apologize, in advance, for your having to wade thru some many to see so few--should you take a look that is.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/47362605@N07/
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Mark H. Bowen *--aka--Opie

Hi Mark,
it was a real pleasure to wade thru the collection. There are several
of your flies I would like to try out.

Keep on tying,
Soren