PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks

Frank Reid
February 21st, 2004, 02:04 PM
I just figured something out. Been using big (one gallon) ziplocks to put
my wet gear in, i.e. boots and waders, when I have to temporarily transport
them with dry items. They are a bit of a pain to use, i.e., one item per
bag.
I got some new pillows last week and they come in a very heavy zippered
plastic bag. These would be great for the temp transport. Just put one in
your gear bag, dump you wet stuff in at the end of the day and poof,
everything stays dry thats supposed to. You also get these things as
packaging on some curtains and blankets.
I also use a "space bag" for my heavy down jacket. They have ones now that
don't require a vaccuum. You put the item in and roll it up. This pushes
out the air. Its stays flat and removes the bulk. This may be good for
those all day trips where you want some rain gear or dry clothes (I
personnally have never needed these) in the back of your vest but don't want
to feel like Quasimoto.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Mike Connor
February 21st, 2004, 05:59 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I just figured something out. Been using big (one gallon) ziplocks to put

Many markets sell "outdoor furniture covers". These are cheap, extremely
robust, and waterproof. Great for transporting wet gear.

TL
MC

Stephen Welsh
February 21st, 2004, 10:36 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> tempts the fates by writing in
:

> I also use a "space bag" for my heavy down jacket. They have ones now
> that don't require a vaccuum. You put the item in and roll it up.
> This pushes out the air. Its stays flat and removes the bulk. This
> may be good for those all day trips where you want some rain gear or
> dry clothes (I personnally have never needed these) in the back of
> your vest but don't want to feel like Quasimoto.

Hmmmm ... that may even work with a standard ziplock for a poncho
- damn things never go back in the pouch properly.

Steve (quite Quasimotous at times)

Joel Axelrad
February 22nd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the tip.
I just bought a mattress pad and it came in a bag just as you discribed, was
about to toss it. Not now!
Very cool advice.

Joel Axelrad
**DFD**

Lat705
February 22nd, 2004, 01:02 PM
Bags are also great for fly tying stuff if you're as disorganized as I am and
keep every thing in a pile. At least you can look on the full surface of the
pile with out opeing the bag.

Lou T