PDA

View Full Version : Cortland 444 line vs. 444 lazerline

Plattelines
February 21st, 2004, 08:44 PM
Does anybody know the functional difference between the regular WF 444 line
from Cortland and the WF 444 lazerline? I need an 8-weight line to throw big
streamers a long ways.

thanks,
John

Peter Charles
February 22nd, 2004, 12:44 AM
On 21 Feb 2004 20:44:56 GMT, (Plattelines) wrote:

>Does anybody know the functional difference between the regular WF 444 line
>from Cortland and the WF 444 lazerline? I need an 8-weight line to throw big
>streamers a long ways.
>
>thanks,
>John

IIRC, the lazerline has a harder, slicker coating and the line is
stiffer so it will shoot better than the standard 444. The old peach
line has its qualities but when it's warm, it has a 'stickiness' that
doesn't promote shooting. It's also very supple and that doesn't help
with big fly turnover.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Joel Axelrad
February 22nd, 2004, 01:39 AM
writes....

>Does anybody know the functional difference between the regular WF 444 line
>from Cortland and the WF 444 lazerline? I need an 8-weight line to throw big
>streamers a long ways.
>
>thanks,
>John

I don't think there is any difference except that the Lazerline is printed with
the line weight. and the color is different. I could be wrong

Joel Axelrad
**DFD**

Joel Axelrad
February 22nd, 2004, 01:41 AM
Read Peter's reply after I sent mine.Peter is most likeky correct. He's a
smart dude.

Joel Axelrad
**DFD**

Charlie Wilson
February 22nd, 2004, 05:05 AM
What Peter said. The Lazerlines *still* suffer from the bad reputation they
got the first year they were out, when the finish cracked prematurely. That
problem was quickly remedied, but old prejudices linger. IMNSFHO, it's
related to the bull**** perpetrated by "businessmen" who want us all to buy
new lines every year; I have a grey Lazerline DT5F that is six years old and
going strong.

Plattelines
February 22nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

John

Willi
February 22nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Peter Charles wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2004 20:44:56 GMT, (Plattelines) wrote:
>

>>Does anybody know the functional difference between the regular WF 444 line
>
>>from Cortland and the WF 444 lazerline? I need an 8-weight line to throw big
>
>>streamers a long ways.
>>
>>thanks,
>>John
>

> IIRC, the lazerline has a harder, slicker coating and the line is
> stiffer so it will shoot better than the standard 444. The old peach
> line has its qualities but when it's warm, it has a 'stickiness' that
> doesn't promote shooting. It's also very supple and that doesn't help
> with big fly turnover.

I think the 444 floats better.

Willi