PDA

View Full Version : totally OT....

ezflyfisher
February 25th, 2004, 12:56 AM
some nc fishin talk....

small stream fishin has been slow this month with many a report of
skunks. i haven't been on a small stream myself, so no first hand
report.... small streams should get better in march.

larger streams are fishin a lil better according to my regulars....
again, no first hand knowledge.

catawba tailrace has been good.... this i can talk about. i've had 5 or
6 nice floats on the river and if you will commit to a size 4 or so
streamer tossed with a 6wt, you will catch some nice fish. this isn't
dry fly fishing to a rising trout nor is it eyeing a bobber.... it's
hard repetive constant casting and retrieving..... working the fly....
making it alive. on occasion, a nice fish chases and bites... and the
thrill is on.... the great game.

wally

North Carolina Flyfishin'
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

Vito Dolce LaPesca
February 25th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Wally,
why do you have "Fall is in the air" as a title on your site at:

http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com/

It's February!

Ciao bebbe,
Vito

Wayne Knight
February 25th, 2004, 01:42 AM
"ezflyfisher" > wrote in message
link.net...
> some nc fishin talk....

How dare you interupt our usual political and personal insulting folly with
something so trivial as a stream report in Gawdawful North Carolina! Whats
the matter, nothing to make the meth with? ;)

ezflyfisher
February 25th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Vito Dolce LaPesca wrote:

> Wally,
> why do you have "Fall is in the air" as a title on your site at:
>
> http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com/
>
> It's February!
>
> Ciao bebbe,
> Vito

cuz we like fall fishin, that's why!

seriously, your comment has been fwd to the webmaster....
--
Thanks & Tight Lines!

--Walt
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

ezflyfisher
February 25th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Wayne Knight wrote:

> How dare you interupt our usual political and personal insulting folly with
> something so trivial as a stream report in Gawdawful North Carolina! Whats
> the matter, nothing to make the meth with? ;)

when you head up WI way, i shore do hope you have a 'lil moss reel
loaded and ready to catch a trout or two.... it should be arriving
shortly. that is one sweet puppy.

wally

Wayne Knight
February 25th, 2004, 02:09 AM
"ezflyfisher" > wrote in message
link.net...

> when you head up WI way, i shore do hope you have a 'lil moss reel
> loaded and ready to catch a trout or two.... it should be arriving
> shortly. that is one sweet puppy.

Cool!

rw
February 25th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Wayne Knight wrote:

> "ezflyfisher" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>
>>some nc fishin talk....
>

> How dare you interupt our usual political and personal insulting folly with
> something so trivial as a stream report in Gawdawful North Carolina!

Don't forget the war stories. :-)

Wayne Knight
February 25th, 2004, 09:24 PM
"ezflyfisher" > wrote in message
link.net...

> when you head up WI way, i shore do hope you have a 'lil moss reel
> loaded and ready to catch a trout or two.... it should be arriving
> shortly. that is one sweet puppy.

The latest transfer from balance sheet asset to revenue has arrived in the
Hoosier state and in serious need of determing exactly which tool it will
grace.

Thank you sir

walt winter
February 25th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Wayne Knight wrote:

> The latest transfer from balance sheet asset to revenue has arrived in the
> Hoosier state and in serious need of determing exactly which tool it will
> grace.
>
> Thank you sir

you are most welcome. i haven't had a chance to fish mine yet,
the anticaption of that act is great. i hope to this weekend on a
favorite small mountain stream.... if the predicted snow's don't
ruin the plans.

when you get a chance, check out the innards. i believe ted may
have designed and crafted the finest trout reel i've ever
seen.... "testing" will tell ;-)

enjoy wayne, she is such a sweet thang.

wally.... i plan on using it on the hardy glass or a lil ole slt.

Wayne Knight
February 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
"walt winter" > wrote in message

> enjoy wayne, she is such a sweet thang.

she is definitely that.

> i plan on using it on the hardy glass or a lil ole slt.

The green will clash with that glass. I was thinking the SLT myself, however
Graebel Van Lines and I are still arguing over the missing fly rods, my SLT
ist amongst the lost.

Wayne

Ken Fortenberry
February 25th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Wayne Knight wrote:
> Graebel Van Lines and I are still arguing over the missing fly rods, my SLT
> ist amongst the lost.

You let *movers* handle your fly rods ?!? I'll bet you one
of Wolfie's shiny new nickels you won't ever let that happen
again.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Knight
February 26th, 2004, 12:38 AM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
om...

> You let *movers* handle your fly rods ?!? I'll bet you one
> of Wolfie's shiny new nickels you won't ever let that happen
> again.

They were not supposed to handle any of them, I had loaded all of them but
three "three rod" cases into the personal vehicle and left to go sign
closing papers. Last time I saw them, My wife claimed they packed them, but
did not sign the manifest. I keep checking used rod ads for a series of
rods which might be them but nothing has come up yet.

I only got to use the SLT once too! :(