PDA

View Full Version : Re: Trip planning - Yellowstone after Labor Day

Ken Fortenberry
February 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Barry wrote:

> I backpack with a group of guys and a couple of us fish too. None of
> us have been to Yellowstone (except for family trips as kids) and are
> looking at hinkng/fishing spots Labor Day week. We are getting
> old/soft and like to base camp in the backcountry and hike/fish from
> there. It appears there are day limits on many camp sites, so we may
> have to change our ways.
>
> Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. ...

Go here.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/publications/pdfs/backcountry/index.htm

A few tips. Be sure to reserve your campsite(s) early on. The maximum
stay in any one campsite is 3 nights. Group size is limited.

The most popular spot for fishing and hiking is Slough Creek.

Enjoy your trip, Yellowstone is a true national treasure.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Jim
February 26th, 2004, 11:41 PM
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:23:02 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>Barry wrote:
>
>> I backpack with a group of guys and a couple of us fish too. None of
>> us have been to Yellowstone (except for family trips as kids) and are
>> looking at hinkng/fishing spots Labor Day week. We are getting
>> old/soft and like to base camp in the backcountry and hike/fish from
>> there. It appears there are day limits on many camp sites, so we may
>> have to change our ways.
>>
>> Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. ...
>
>Go here.
>
>http://www.nps.gov/yell/publications/pdfs/backcountry/index.htm
>
>A few tips. Be sure to reserve your campsite(s) early on. The maximum
>stay in any one campsite is 3 nights. Group size is limited.
>
>The most popular spot for fishing and hiking is Slough Creek.
>
>Enjoy your trip, Yellowstone is a true national treasure.

....and be sure you know how to camp in bear country. It only takes
one mistake.....

Jim