PDA

View Full Version : lamson radius reel?

eric paul zamora
February 27th, 2004, 08:10 AM
can anyone give any criticism, constructive or otherwise, on the lamson
radius reel? it's a small arbor machined reel... and i would use it on small
to medium sized trout from streams/rivers if i decide to buy one. thanks.

eric
fresno, ca.

just al
February 27th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Eric wrote:

<can anyone give any criticism, constructive or otherwise, on the lamson
radius reel? it's a small arbor machined reel... and i would use it on small
to medium sized trout from streams/rivers if i decide to buy one. thanks.

I own a Litespeed (1.5) and 2 different sized LP's. I love the LP's (small
arbors one for a 4wt--LP1.5-- and the other on my 2wt--LP 1) and I should
have bought a Galvin instead of the Litespeed. I worked in a shop that sold
the all Lamson's except the Radius. Looking at the radius online (on
waterworks-lamson site) It looks like a small arbor Velocity. If you can
touch the reel before buying it, you'll know whether or not you want to buy
it, but if you see it online in a Bargain Bin...you're taking a chance.