PDA

View Full Version : Pack rods

Bill
February 29th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Hi,

St. Croix also makes many nice packable rods (mainly 4 piece). I have
used a 7 wgt and a 5 wgt model for awhile now - the 7 is my main rod
when on trips to salt water destinations, and the 5 has been across
the continent in both Canada and the US and works superbly for many
(mainly trout) species...

Check out:
Avid series (less expensive)
http://www.stcroixrods.com/rods/fly.asp?rod=Avid%20Fly#
or the $500 ones (the Legend Elite)
http://www.stcroixrods.com/rods/fly.asp?rod=Legend%20Elite%20Fly#

Bill

Capt. Bill Curry
Tight Lines Guide Service
http://www.tightlines.ca

Frank Reid
February 29th, 2004, 01:06 AM
> St. Croix also makes many nice packable rods (mainly 4 piece). I have
> used a 7 wgt and a 5 wgt model for awhile now - the 7 is my main rod
> when on trips to salt water destinations, and the 5 has been across
> the continent in both Canada and the US and works superbly for many
> (mainly trout) species...

I bought the Avid 2 weight and was so impressed (I remember when St. Croix
was on the level of the Zebco Snoopy fishing outfit) that I just picked up a
Legend Ultra (they're on clearance because they're changing it) 4 weight.
The sucker casts like a rocket. I was fairly impressed with the castability
for a mid-range rod ($215 US). By the way, the new St. Croix rods have a
"limited" lifetime warranty. The soon-to-be-discontinued Legend Ultra has
the full, unconditional warranty. Gonna fish it tomorrow.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply