PDA

View Full Version : Book suggestion

Chas Wade
February 29th, 2004, 01:14 AM
The book is "King of Fish: The Thousand-Year Run of Salmon" by David R.
Montgomery.

He was speaking at our fly club Wednesday and raised some interesting
concerns about the way we're attempting to manage our fish in the
Northwest. The book talks about the correlations between the errors
made in managing Atlantic Salmon in the British Isles over the last
thousand years or so, and the errors we're making now in the Northwest.

He's a Geologist, and he's used his geology training to take a longer
time scale look at the resource than we usually get from fisheries
types. Much of what he had to say rings true. I need to read the book
now and get more of the details.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html