PDA

View Full Version : Was only a matter of time.....

JR
March 1st, 2004, 03:10 PM
Headline: Physician starts clinic for fishing-related injuries

http://tinyurl.com/3b5tz

JR

Tim J.
March 1st, 2004, 03:59 PM
"JR" wrote...

> Headline: Physician starts clinic for fishing-related injuries
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3b5tz

What I need is a doc who will tell me I spend too much time sitting in my office
and not enough fly fishing. BTW, whenever I have pain, I *NEVER* relate it to
fly fishing. I've found it's MUCH better to equate pain with chores. I'd crawl
from the river bank all the way home so I can be next to the lawn mower when I
scream.

Hell, EVERYONE knows fly fishing is excellent pain therapy. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Todd Enders
March 1st, 2004, 06:38 PM
Headline: Physician starts clinic for fishing-related injuries

[...] (massive snippage)

"While there, at a cost of $3,000 each, a maximum of 20 enrolled
guests will have the personal attention of four world-class fly-
casting instructors, in addition to McCue and other medical experts,
who will analyze their casting style."

$3K to have a bunch of "experts" tell me my casting sucks?!?!
I know *that* already. :-)

[...]

"Each institute participant will spend an hour each day with
McCue in a ??fly-casting lab,'' going over the results of
this high-tech evaluation. In addition, the guests will have
an opportunity to practice their skills on waters such as the
Yellowstone River, a private 85-acre spring-fed lake, and
Livingston's famous spring creeks.

The institute, said McCue, is for fly fishermen of all ability levels
and ??we welcome anglers experiencing pain and those who are pain-free.
Everybody can improve their casting.'' "

If you weren't in pain before, you (or rather your wallet)
*will* be in pain after. One wonders if the participants will
be fishing for suckers... Oh, wait... ;-)

Todd (remove hook to reply)

Mike Connor
March 1st, 2004, 06:51 PM
"JR" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Headline: Physician starts clinic for fishing-related injuries
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3b5tz
>
> JR

What!? No psychiatrist?

TL
MC

Stephen Welsh
March 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Todd Enders > wrote in
:

> $3K to have a bunch of "experts" tell me my casting sucks?!?!
> I know *that* already. :-)

Its $3k that could be well spent honing your skills in various
wondrous places ...

Steve