PDA

View Full Version : Monday 6 Oct Report

TidalFish.com
October 8th, 2003, 02:58 AM
More reports available at Tidal Fish
http://www.TidalFish.com

Boys were off from school on Monday, so I decided to play hookey from
work and go feeshin.

Went to work early to get things going, and then went home to pick up
the youngest boy and launch the boat from the Magothy. We were on the
water by 11:30 AM and had all the rods rigged and looking for working
birds. Oldest boy was delivered to the marnia by the Admiral after
soccer practice, and by 1:00 PM we took off for Love Pt.

Found working birds at the LP rips area, but could only raise dinks.
Since the bait was small, we worked 4" BAs of various colors and some
heavy metal. After a couple of hours, we moved up the Chester and
found more breakers and birds about 3 mi. upstream from Kent Is.
Narrows bridge. Again, lots of dinks, but did manage a couple of trout
on pink Stingsilvers. One was a keeper, and I couldn't convince the
oldest boy who caught the trout to release it. After a lot more dinks
we moved down the Chester back toward LP.

At LP found more breakers and birds in the rips. Picked up more dinks.
No other action around the PT, so we departed a little after sunset
and recovered before it got real dark.

The color of the day was chartruse 4" BAs, pink Stingsilvers, and
silver Kastmasters.

In the last two trips we've put about 110 fish in the boat with one
keeper. Have decided that the treble hooks must go from the heavy
metal. Just too much damage for this much C&R.