PDA

View Full Version : Re: Outdoorsmen for Bush

GW Chimpzilla
April 3rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
Deggie wrote:

> Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]
>
> Northern California Fly Fishing Board
>
> NFF: Very Long NYTimes article
>
> Posted By: Andrew Weiner >
> Date: 4/2/04 4:10 p.m.
>

> For those who are interested, others shouldn't read it if they don't
> want to. I found it really interesting in terms of how politics gets
> done, particularly environmental policy. And though I say NFF, air
> pollution and acid rain obviously affect water and fish.
>
> Changing All the Rules
> By BRUCE BARCOTT

Bush is afraid of horses.

Todd Norris
April 4th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Which President Bush,the father or the son?
If it is the present one,I don't think he is for
the clean water or clean air acts. I believe he
is more for big oil and big companies that polluted the environment. I
am a independent
when it comes to politics.
We need clean water for our sport of fishing.
No matter of what our quarry is,whether it is
for the largemouth bass,trout,panfish or the
lowly carp. Or sal****er species such as the
redfish,halibut or other species.
Something to think about when November
is rolling around.

SamB
April 4th, 2004, 07:35 AM
I don't need to thing about who I'll be voting for. No w's in his name.
SamB
"Todd Norris" > wrote in message

> Which President Bush,the father or the son?
> If it is the present one,I don't think he is for
> the clean water or clean air acts. I believe he
> is more for big oil and big companies that polluted the environment. I
> am a independent
> when it comes to politics.
> We need clean water for our sport of fishing.
> No matter of what our quarry is,whether it is
> for the largemouth bass,trout,panfish or the
> lowly carp. Or sal****er species such as the
> redfish,halibut or other species.
> Something to think about when November
> is rolling around.

Jerry
April 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Greg Pavlov wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 05:28:13 GMT, Jerry >
> wrote:
>

>>What you really mean is it is his first published left wing BS attack.
>>Funny how he never directs you to any published sources that back up his
>>article. The main thing that shoots this garbage down is if the
>>Democrats even had a whiff of anything being true about this story there
>>would be nothing in the news except this story.
>

> You're lying: this issue has been in the news for a long time.

You really should learn how to read and then comprehend what you are
reading. Read the first line in my post demwit. Now go down to the
last line in the story and you see "Bruce Barcott is a contributing
editor at Outside magazine. This is his first cover article for The
Times Magazine". Now give us all a demonstration of your single cell
brain power and point out where I was lying.

Jerry

Wolfgang
April 5th, 2004, 10:52 PM
"Greg Pavlov" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:18:32 GMT, Jerry >
> wrote:
>
> >The main thing that shoots this garbage down is if the
> >Democrats even had a whiff of anything being true about this story there
> >would be nothing in the news except this story.
> >

> >> You're lying: this issue has been in the news for a long time.
> >Now give us all a demonstration of your single cell
> >brain power and point out where I was lying.
> >
> >Jerry
>

> "The main thing that shoots this garbage down is if the
> Democrats even had a whiff of anything being true about
> this story there would be nothing in the news except
> this story."

Works for me.

Wolfgang
who, nevertheless, is even more impressed by an excoriating attack that
includes calling someone a "demwit". :)

David Snedeker
April 6th, 2004, 12:05 AM
"Jerry" > wrote in message
> Deggie wrote:
>
> - propaganda snipped -
>
> > Bruce Barcott is a contributing editor at Outside magazine. This is his
> > first cover article for The Times Magazine.
> >

> What you really mean is it is his first published left wing BS attack.
> Funny how he never directs you to any published sources that back up his
> article. The main thing that shoots this garbage down is if the
> Democrats even had a whiff of anything being true about this story there
> would be nothing in the news except this story.

If you knew the story were true, would you still vote for Bush?

Dave

Steve Sullivan
April 6th, 2004, 12:30 AM
In article >,
"Wolfgang" > wrote:

> Works for me.
>
> Wolfgang
> who, nevertheless, is even more impressed by an excoriating attack that
> includes calling someone a "demwit". :)

dosnt it jst suk whin yu bash someon for ther intelict thin yu mak a
speling misteak

Wolfgang
April 6th, 2004, 12:45 AM
"Steve Sullivan" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Wolfgang" > wrote:
>
> > Works for me.
> >
> > Wolfgang
> > who, nevertheless, is even more impressed by an excoriating attack that
> > includes calling someone a "demwit". :)
>
> dosnt it jst suk whin yu bash someon for ther intelict thin yu mak a
> speling misteak

No, not really. What sucks is when spelling mistakes are a sufficient
indicator that bashing someone else's intellect is an exercise in hubris.

Wolfgang

rw
April 6th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> No, not really. What sucks is when spelling mistakes are a sufficient
> indicator that bashing someone else's intellect is an exercise in hubris.

So, when you call someone "stupid" and spell it correctly, that's OK?

Wolfgang
April 6th, 2004, 01:20 AM
"rw" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Wolfgang wrote:
> >
> > No, not really. What sucks is when spelling mistakes are a sufficient
> > indicator that bashing someone else's intellect is an exercise in
hubris.

> So, when you call someone "stupid" and spell it correctly, that's OK?

Good God, you are stupid!

Wolfgang
you buy 'em books.....send 'em to school....... :(

daytripper
April 7th, 2004, 01:28 AM
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 06:37:03 GMT, rw > wrote:

>SamB wrote:
>
>> NOTHING could make me vote for bush.
>> SamB
>
>Amen. I'm reading Paul Krugman's The Great Unraveling and I'm getting
>angrier with every chapter. I knew these people were lying sacks of
>****, but I wasn't completely aware of the magnitude of their medacity
>and greed.

The word you're looking for is "breathtaking"...

rw
April 7th, 2004, 02:03 AM
daytripper wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 06:37:03 GMT, rw > wrote:
>

>>SamB wrote:
>>

>>>NOTHING could make me vote for bush.
>>>SamB
>>
>>Amen. I'm reading Paul Krugman's The Great Unraveling and I'm getting
>>angrier with every chapter. I knew these people were lying sacks of
>>****, but I wasn't completely aware of the magnitude of their medacity
>>and greed.
>

> The word you're looking for is "breathtaking"...

"Breathtaking" is good. BTW, it's "mendacity." Typo. Sorry.

I was listening to Randi Rhodes this afternoon, on Air America. She was
all upset because, according to a recent poll, 17% of Americans think
that the Iraq thing is going swimmingly well, while, as is clearly
apparent to anyone who can either read or hear, it's a macabre death
circus, rapidly escalating to the mother of all civil wars.

You could find 17% of Americans who think pigs can fly and it rains beer.

Wayne Harrison
April 7th, 2004, 02:32 AM
"rw" > wrote

> I was listening to Randi Rhodes this afternoon, on Air America. She was
> all upset because, according to a recent poll, 17% of Americans think
> that the Iraq thing is going swimmingly well, while, as is clearly
> apparent to anyone who can either read or hear, it's a macabre death
> circus, rapidly escalating to the mother of all civil wars.
>
> You could find 17% of Americans who think pigs can fly and it rains beer.
>
> --

yeah, well, bull**** on that, rw. around here, and here is the only
place that counts, it rains russian vodka. so there.

wayno (and more than 17% of americans are standing with me, here, now, in
my front yard.)

p.s.: 'course i earnestly hope that iraq is the anvil that pulls that
arrogant idiot to a loss, this year.

rw
April 7th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:

> p.s.: 'course i earnestly hope that iraq is the anvil that pulls that
> arrogant idiot to a loss, this year.

If I could push a button and turn Iraq into a peaceful democracy,
thereby assuring Bush's reelection, I would. But I can't. And it ain't
gonna happen. So I can only hope this cloud has the silver lining that
you and I wish for.

Todd Norris
April 10th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Hi,

Looking over some of posts after I had put
in my two cents worth about Bush. I found a
few misspellings after my post . True I can't
change one's mind on who to vote for in November.
But it is something to think about when your
job is going overseas or your son or daughter
is coming home in a body bag from Iraq. I
believe Iraq is George W. Bush's Vietnam
Also something is new to think about is the
price of gasoline,when you filling up your car
to go to favorite fishing spot. Or the filling up
the outboard moter on your boat.

Trouter

Jerry
April 11th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Todd Norris wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking over some of posts after I had put
> in my two cents worth about Bush. I found a
> few misspellings after my post . True I can't
> change one's mind on who to vote for in November.
> But it is something to think about when your
> job is going overseas

Which jobs? You mean the one's that the out source flap is about?
You're right, we should have all those jobs returned to the US for our
workers. Oh, also we should have other countries do the same like Japan
take Honda, Toyota, Nissan and all those jobs back to Japan for their
country.

> or your son or daughter
> is coming home in a body bag from Iraq. I
> believe Iraq is George W. Bush's Vietnam

Hmmmmmm ..... guess it would be better to fight them on the streets of
New York instead of Baghdad. You do understand there is a down side to
freedom, it's not really free.

> Also something is new to think about is the
> price of gasoline,when you filling up your car
> to go to favorite fishing spot. Or the filling up
> the outboard moter on your boat.

So tell us just how does the President, any President have control over
the price of oil?????? Last time I looked Bush wasn't invited to any of
the OPEC meetings.

Jerry

daytripper
April 11th, 2004, 05:42 PM
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 03:55:25 GMT, Jerry > wrote:

>Todd Norris wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Looking over some of posts after I had put
>> in my two cents worth about Bush. I found a
>> few misspellings after my post . True I can't
>> change one's mind on who to vote for in November.
>> But it is something to think about when your
>> job is going overseas
>
>Which jobs? You mean the one's that the out source flap is about?
>You're right, we should have all those jobs returned to the US for our
>workers. Oh, also we should have other countries do the same like Japan
>take Honda, Toyota, Nissan and all those jobs back to Japan for their
>country.
>
>> or your son or daughter
>> is coming home in a body bag from Iraq. I
>> believe Iraq is George W. Bush's Vietnam
>
>Hmmmmmm ..... guess it would be better to fight them on the streets of
>New York instead of Baghdad. You do understand there is a down side to
>freedom, it's not really free.
>
>> Also something is new to think about is the
>> price of gasoline,when you filling up your car
>> to go to favorite fishing spot. Or the filling up
>> the outboard moter on your boat.
>
>So tell us just how does the President, any President have control over
>the price of oil?????? Last time I looked Bush wasn't invited to any of
>the OPEC meetings.

[..../]

Irony meter

Maybe he got the idea from your Nitwit In Chief?

--

No 'jawboning' by Bush to keep oil prices in check
Associated Press

WASHINGTON - As a presidential candidate four years ago, George W. Bush
pledged to use his political influence and "jawbone OPEC" to keep oil prices
in check. On Wednesday, when OPEC decided to cut production by 4 percent, the
White House said Bush was concerned about rising prices.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the administration would
"stay in close contact with major producers from around the world to discuss
these issues and make sure our views are known." He said that oil prices
should be set by the market.

Asked if Bush had made any telephone calls, McClellan said, "We keep you
posted on his world leader calls."

In 2000, candidate Bush had pledged a get-tough response to get OPEC to
retreat when it hiked oil prices.

"What I think the president ought to do," he said in January 2000 while
campaigning in New Hampshire, where heating oil prices were soaring, "is he
ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say, 'We expect you to open
your spigots!' "

Two months later, Bush was in Florida and suggested as president he would use
his "political capital" with Mideast producers. "These are countries where it
wasn't all that long ago that a President Bush helped Kuwait," he reminded
voters, alluding to his father and the Gulf War.

In January 2000, when Bush made his pledge, oil prices were approaching $28 a
barrel. Wednesday's decision by OPEC could drive prices past $40 per barrel.

McClellan used the OPEC decision to prod the Republican-controlled Congress to
pass Bush's energy plan, which the president unveiled in May 2001.

[Yup, that's really nice work there, Georgie...]

Find your own path through the morass starting here http://tinyurl.com/yr2du
and draw your very own conclusions...

SamB
April 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM
What happened to the money for the Hydrogen Infrastructure bush touted
before being "elected"? Oh, that's right it went to Iraq for his vendetta
against sadahm. I'm not concerned about the spelling but I am concerned
about the war mongering fraud who is leading this country down a very bad
path. You can only bolster an economy with so many tax cuts-
SamB