PDA

View Full Version : Sage 796 XP or 796 SLT

Finn Haug
September 24th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Hi,
Im looking for a rod for trout- and salmonfishing in rivers. I've tried XP
and its a lovely rod. Unfortunately Ive have not been able to come over a
SLT 796 yet. They all say this is a lovely rod to cast, but perhaps to soft
for salmon and big troutfishing. Does someone have experiences with both
these rods? Ill be happy for opinions on this.

Sincerely
Finn Haug

--
FH

Spencer Phipps
October 9th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Pick your rod by how well you can cast it, if the rods are the same weight
class they will have the same intrinsic power no matter what they are built
from, the XP and the SLT in other words will handle the same load.